Day Planning Help

Dreambig39

Earning My Ears
Help! I am unsure of planning this time around.
My tentative plan is to drive (gulp) 1/2 way, stop over, and drive the rest of the way the next day. This puts us arriving on a Sunday in mid-October. With check-in being so late and driving most of the day (yeah, we're far), I figured we would just hit Disney Springs that night since we're close by and eat dinner there. I only have four full days (and one is going to be in Universal because I have one major HP fan). Technically, we could book something for that last day since we're driving and could leave whenever we want.
So, my question is.....one full day for Animal Kingdom, one full day for Hollywood Studios (with new Toy Story world opening), one day Universal, was going to take a rest day and book MNSSHP for one night and go in early. This leaves me wondering if we should do Epcot on depart day and just spend 1/2 day there or should I look at splitting Epcot with another park day? I am not purchasing park hopper as I am trying to cut costs every where I can. Cost of park hopper for three days is about same as 4 day base. Thoughts?

Why not just buy a 3-day base? Then you can do 1 day AK, 1 day DHS, enter MK with your MNSSHP at 4 pm on your party ticket and do EP on your departure day? That would save you money and you would get to visit all 4 parks.

Oops! That is what I meant. 3 day base or 2 day hopper. About same cost. I've rearranged so many times! LOL. I originally thought I would try to do a park on day of arrival, but DH says not realistic :)

DH, DS DS?

Saturday, Oct 6th - Drive 1/2 way, sleeping at Motel
Sunday, Oct 7th - Drive the last stretch, Check-In at resort, Dinner @ Disney Springs
Monday, Oct 8th - Epcot, Hours: 9am-9pm *Illuminations: 9pm
Tuesday, Oct 9th - Hollywood Studios, Hours: 9am-8pm *Fantasmic: 8pm
Wednesday, Oct 10th - Universal Studios - Harry Potter
Thursday, Oct 11th - Sleep In, Lite breakfast & Big Late Lunch - MNSSHP
Friday, Oct 12th - Animal Kingdom, Hours: 9am-8pm *Rivers of Light: 8:15pm

Well... that's my opinion!

upload_2018-4-23_1-51-0.png

:D

Last edited:

This leaves me wondering if we should do Epcot on depart day and just spend 1/2 day there or should I look at splitting Epcot with another park day? I am not purchasing park hopper as I am trying to cut costs every where I can. Cost of park hopper for three days is about same as 4 day base. Thoughts?

Since you're not buying a park hopper, you CANNOT split EP with another park on the same day. The only day you can do that with just a base ticket would be to go to EP on your MNSSHP day. Looks like you either need to skip EP or do what you can on departure day or forego your rest day.

I thought I could use my third park day ticket on that day, if needed? I would be using up a day's ticket, but thought that might be more advantageous than trying to see a park on day of departure. Last visit, we did not need a whole day in HS, but with new Toy Story opening I'm not as sure.

DH, DS, DS, DS (7-13)

I thought I could use my third park day ticket on that day, if needed? I would be using up a day's ticket, but thought that might be more advantageous than trying to see a park on day of departure. Last visit, we did not need a whole day in HS, but with new Toy Story opening I'm not as sure.

DH, DS, DS, DS (7-13)

You CAN use your 3rd park day on the same day as MNSSHP, but you CANNOT use it on the same day that your are going to another park. To do two parks in one day, you must have park hopper. You don't have 3 tickets, you have 3 DAYS of park tickets, and without the hopper, you can only do one park on that day's ticket.

Help! I am unsure of planning this time around.
My tentative plan is to drive (gulp) 1/2 way, stop over, and drive the rest of the way the next day. This puts us arriving on a Sunday in mid-October. With check-in being so late and driving most of the day (yeah, we're far), I figured we would just hit Disney Springs that night since we're close by and eat dinner there. I only have four full days (and one is going to be in Universal because I have one major HP fan). Technically, we could book something for that last day since we're driving and could leave whenever we want.
So, my question is.....one full day for Animal Kingdom, one full day for Hollywood Studios (with new Toy Story world opening), one day Universal, was going to take a rest day and book MNSSHP for one night and go in early. This leaves me wondering if we should do Epcot on depart day and just spend 1/2 day there or should I look at splitting Epcot with another park day? I am not purchasing park hopper as I am trying to cut costs every where I can. Cost of park hopper for three days is about same as 4 day base. Thoughts?

That amount of time sounds similar to our trips, we do one day to drive down (we don't usually stop but we have if we get wild) and stay over somewhere and then we are at Disney earlier than if we would arrived driving straight in. We are only a half days' drive away though, about 7 hours, not sure how far you are. When we arrive we usually only do an ADR or Disney Springs, IMO we like to relax and unless we're getting there before noon, (which doesn't usually happen) we don't use a ticket that day. To do what you're planning, I would just add another day to your tix if you want to do Epcot or nix your rest day.

In regards to Universal, did you get park-to-park tickets? If not, you won't be able to ride Hogwarts Express. I'm not sure if you knew that or not, but wanted to throw it out there just in case you didn't. It could be a disappointing day for the HP fan if they were expecting do ride that, but couldn't.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter