Day Trips to Disney or Split Stay?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. One thing we have been considering is doing a split stay but staying less time at Disney and staying in Club level. If we cash out our points used for Club Level at RPR for 3 nights, it ends up being the equivalent of $400 per night in cash. The cheapest cost for CL at Disney is $666 per night, or we could try Art of Animation. I did find a standard room (not club level) for $450 per night, which is also an option. I’m trying to decide if we would spend more than 266 per night in food and commuting back and forth to Disney, making it worth the switch to Club Level at Disney. DH really doesn’t want to switch at all. Any thoughts? Just thought the extra FP might be nice, but no clue how that even works.

Sorry if I missed it, but how many days total and how many days will you be doing a Universal park and a Disney park? I'm not a fan of split stays for shorter trips, and would only do it if I were spending at least 4-5 days in each location. I like to unpack and get settled, so I spend less time "taking care of business" like commuting, checking in, storing bags, packing, etc. With 3 10 year old boys, packing/unpacking to switch resorts could be a time suck. You'd also have a period of time on your changeover day where you may be homeless.

With 5 of you, I think you'd spend more than $266 per day in food for a family of 5 plus Uber/Lyft costs. You'd have to book an UberXL since you have 5 passengers, which adds onto the cost as well. Personally, I think the cost savings will be negligible so I'd book whichever is more convenient to my overall plans rather than the one that would save me the most money.

Sorry if I missed it, but how many days total and how many days will you be doing a Universal park and a Disney park? I'm not a fan of split stays for shorter trips, and would only do it if I were spending at least 4-5 days in each location. I like to unpack and get settled, so I spend less time "taking care of business" like commuting, checking in, storing bags, packing, etc. With 3 10 year old boys, packing/unpacking to switch resorts could be a time suck. You'd also have a period of time on your changeover day where you may be homeless.

With 5 of you, I think you'd spend more than $266 per day in food for a family of 5 plus Uber/Lyft costs. You'd have to book an UberXL since you have 5 passengers, which adds onto the cost as well. Personally, I think the cost savings will be negligible so I'd book whichever is more convenient to my overall plans rather than the one that would save me the most money.

We will be there for 8 nights/7 days. Feb. 12-20. We have AP’s for Universal, so plan to spend most of our time there. We really only planned to go to Disney to experience Star Wars, but I don’t see us staying more than 2 days there. We were just there in January and have done 2 trips in 3 years with Deluxe Dining. That said, we have 3 boys ready to experience Star Wars. They have sensory issues/ASD. We have not needed a GAS pass, but I don’t see is surviving or anyone around us without it.

We will be there for 8 nights/7 days. Feb. 12-20. We have AP’s for Universal, so plan to spend most of our time there. We really only planned to go to Disney to experience Star Wars, but I don’t see us staying more than 2 days there. We were just there in January and have done 2 trips in 3 years with Deluxe Dining. That said, we have 3 boys ready to experience Star Wars. They have sensory issues/ASD. We have not needed a GAS pass, but I don’t see is surviving or anyone around us without it.
Your dates fall over Presidents Day weekend which is also winter break for the Northeast. I would do Disney early in your trip, and personally I would stay at Universal. Its inclined to be less busy and it makes more sense to stay closer to where you plan to spend most of your time.

Your dates fall over Presidents Day weekend which is also winter break for the Northeast. I would do Disney early in your trip, and personally I would stay at Universal. Its inclined to be less busy and it makes more sense to stay closer to where you plan to spend most of your time.

This was our initial plan. I guess we will stick with it. Any idea what we are looking at to take a Lyft back and forth to Disney?

Any idea what we are looking at to take a Lyft back and forth to Disney?

You'll need an UberXL or a LyftXL. From Royal Pacific, its roughly $30 each way to WDW. It will vary slightly depending which parks you're going to, if surge pricing is in effect, or if you have a promo code to use. But $30 each way should be a good estimate based on what I'm seeing on the app. You can check exact pricing by going to the app and entering your start and ending locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter