Days with Donald May 2020 Exercise Challenge

I have been so busy at work these past few days I haven't been able to jump to update my minutes. I didn't get as much time in as I wanted lately. We have had a ton of rain and flooding.

May 15 -- 38
May 16 -- 73 (got out before the rain hit)
May 17 -- 45 ( I have no clue my actual time. Weeded for about an hour then cleaned some upstairs. Lots of stuff dropped of at Good Will)
May 18 -- 33
May 19 -- 86 (Finally the rain is gone and we had sunshine)

Total -- 1049/1395

Wow - lots of progress and color changes!! 🌈 :Pinkbounc :car: :jumping1:

Congrats to piglet1979, princessfionasmom, and our first team members to reach GI green, ljcrochet and Twilight Sparkle!!

20 minutes for me (390/600).

:cheer2: And the team is at 10,894 minutes, 83% and well ahead of pace!! :cheer2:

Our next member of Donald's family is Scrooge McDuck:

Here's his official Forbes entry ~
https://www.forbes.com/lists/fictional15/2011/profile/scrooge-mcduck.html

20 minutes finishing planting the annuals. With all the rain we’ve had, you’d think the ground would be softer - ugh!
(450/600)
Well, the irises are putting on a show this year! Here my favorite- called ‘Batik’ - each flower is different, even on the same stalk!496036

I don’t understand why the pictures go sideways!

Good Morning, and Happy Friday!!

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith on jumping up to Poppin' Off Pink!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Just 15 minutes for me yesterday (desk cycle) but the team is at 11,129 minutes and 85%!! :cheer2:

One more of Donald's relatives, Cousin Gus:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031241/

...a goose who comes to visit Donald in this cartoon:

It aired on NBC on May 3, 1939, and (according to IMDb) it was the first prerecorded program ever shown on American television!

Reading that led me down the rabbit hole rabbit hole, so here's a bonus link on the history of television: :rotfl:
https://www.nyu.edu/classes/stephens/History of Television page.htm

20 minutes finishing planting the annuals. With all the rain we’ve had, you’d think the ground would be softer - ugh!
(450/600)
Well, the irises are putting on a show this year! Here my favorite- called ‘Batik’ - each flower is different, even on the same stalk!View attachment 496036

View attachment 496037
I don’t understand why the pictures go sideways!

I love these. They are so pretty

235 minutes since last check in - horses, walking, and carrying boxes of books downstairs

2590/2200 (hmmmm . . . I almost set 2500 as my goal)

BonnieF, the irises really are gorgeous! Purple is my favorite color. Might have to look into obtaining some Batik irises myself! : )

PollyannaMom, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever heard of Cousin Gus. Also, Scrooge McDuck's Forbes entry was very entertaining!

Wed, 5/20: 177 minutes
Thurs, 5/21: 192 minutes
Totals through 5/21: 3453/3500 minutes

For the record: I don't think I'd ever heard of Gus! Good find, @PollyannaMom !

The comments below are for those who might be interested in the vet visit this week with my horses. Nothing to do with exercise other than the "maintenance of my exercise partners."

So the vet visit went well. Dental for two horses; the Big Sr was a serious pill-bug. He was great for his shots and blood draw but no amount of sedative can prepare him for having his teeth done; he had to fight it. Poor kiddo, his molars are nearly completely worn. Vet suggests I move him to soaked pellets, up to 25lbs (dry weight, before water) of feed daily. I've been giving him wet feed for the past year or two ... but not at that quantity. I'm am now busy ratcheting up the wet feed and monitoring the impact to dry feed in transition. In this time I am monitoring how much he comfortably consumes in a single feeding as I must pen him, apart from his herd, to protect him as he eats his special feed. To reach 25lbs, he'll likely have 4 feedings a day. Although, perhaps, we can by with 3 (not quite the full 25lbs) combined with dry feed through hay-nets as before. My hay-nets are slow feeder types ("nibble nets") which restrict each mouthful to snatches of hay. The nets are scattered around the paddock for all the herd to enjoy. I think we can safely continue this for the time being ... although I'll monitor as I go. So, changes coming ... in steps.

The funny news: I'd shared my notes of the Big Sr's various symptoms with my vet electronically before the visit. I guess my notes failed to also identify which symptoms were already overcome by tweaks and changes I'd been making over time. My vet arrived expecting to find a half-dead horse based on my notes and was pleasantly surprised to find the Big Sr looking healthy! He remains a little underweight but not far behind; his coat was no longer dull but gleaming; he was standing squarely on all legs when the symptoms had once reported a tendency to shift weight between the two hind legs with overall hind-end weakness. I guess my notes failed to say I'd been addressing what I could all along!

I suspect, from my observations, that Big Sr might have early stages of Cushings, IR or other metabolic concern. Vet commented that typically when he is called out to test for Cushings it isn't even a question: he can confirm it by sight. In our case, the symptoms over time do seem to support that possibility even if one wouldn't guess looking at the present body score. I am now waiting on the results of the bloodwork. Hoping to adjust the Big Sr's diet, support with nutrition, etc, to keep him happy and satisfied with life!

For the record: I don't think I'd ever heard of Gus! Good find, @PollyannaMom !

Thanks! I probably found him in this book:
Walt Disney's Donald Duck - 50 Years of Happy Frustration

that I had from library months ago. - I jotted down a topic list as I was reading it, to use when I needed a theme here, and then I've just been Googling the things on the list as we go along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!