DC in January

webprinter

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW in January and my daughter wants to spend a day at Discovery Cove. I am embarressed to say that I have never worn a wet suit. It sounds like we need to make res. in advance which could be very iffy in Jan., (weather wise). So, my question is: do you get wet in a wet suit or are they waterproof? What do you wear underneath them? I figure you must at least have to wear a swimming suit for sanitary reasons. Thank you for any advice you can give. Debby

You have the choice of a full (thigh length) wetsuit or just a jacket. You do wear a swimsuit, I've seen people wear Tshirts as well as swimsuits. You do get wet, a layer of water gets into the suit and is heated by your body, this helps to keep you much warmer than if you were in the water "unprotected". the longer suit is definately warmer, but some people find them a little restrictive and in the Florida weather ( even in winter) a little too warm.
It is a little bit down to luck, but in general the "average" winter weather in Florida is warm enough to comfortably enjoy a day at DC. Coming from the colder north I would do DC relatively early in the vacation before you've got used to the warmer weather of FLorida, it should help just a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter