DC options After BCV opens. BC is No, But YC Yes

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm a little surprised that the YC will remain available to book on points after the BCV open. I was expecting that both BC and YC would drop off the list. (Might be moot point to many because of the significant point increases for the DC hotels). Here's the info from the Members' Web Site:

"When Disney's Beach Club Villas opens, Disney's Beach Club Resort will no longer be available as part of The Disney Collection. This allows us to remain consistent with what we have done in the past (for example, Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Disney's Wilderness Lodge are not included in The Disney Collection). Reservations for Disney's Beach Club Resort through The Disney Collection will be accepted for stays up to and including August 31, 2002. The resort is not available through The Disney Collection for stays as of September 1, 2002. Disney's Yacht Club Resort will continue to be available as an exchange option".

Anyone else a little surprised by this?

hi: i would have thought the yc wouldn't be available as well; but it also seems that disney has maintained these are two seperate hotels. maybe that would account for the yc still being available as part of the dc.

I wouldn't have been surprised either way. I guess when I think about it, they are seperate hotels and I'd have guessed the YC would continue in the program. As you say, Disney has nothing to lose with the confiscatory prices currently for the DC anyway.

I know that YC and BC or completely seperate hotels and see the logic. But wouldn't that same logic be applied at Boardwalk. Isn't The Boardwalk Villas and the Boardwalk Inn two seperate entities? Or are the considered one?

Well, BWI and BWV do share a check-in desk AND a lobby. That might be why. WL and VWL also share a check-in desk. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter