DCA Food & Wine 2018 3/2-4/12

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Editing this post now that we're LEGIT all!! Food and Wine is coming and if you want all the details laid out in an easy to read fashion skip ahead through our aimless wanderings and start here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dca-food-wine-2018-3-2-4-12.3665991/page-2#post-58849028 with @QueenBeeMB awesome run-downs of all the food and fun!

original post: Two and a half weeks from the start and there are no menus released yet :( I know DL is slow on these things but this seems a bit ridiculous, I have a budget to plan! Anyone remember when they've released menus previously?

Last edited:
The website says "Check back in January" (or something along those lines), but they haven't posted anything yet. Looking back, it looks like they posted the menus on Feb 23 last year (event started Mar 10). So hopefully that means the menus should be posted sometime soon!

we leave on the 2nd SMH...have been to the one in Epcot many times, had this worked out it would have been wonderful

The website says "Check back in January" (or something along those lines), but they haven't posted anything yet. Looking back, it looks like they posted the menus on Feb 23 last year (event started Mar 10). So hopefully that means the menus should be posted sometime soon!
They updated it!... to "check back in February" :scratchin So if they do similar to last year we could be seeing menus by the end of this week or at least early next week, fingers crossed!

I've been checking the DL site daily hoping the menus will be posted (trying to budget and plan too!) and just saw this morning that they had finally updated it to say "Check back February" instead of January....sneaky little buggers!

It is frustrating that they haven't updated it. I'm going to be there for the opening and I would love to see the menus.

I just checked my mail today and got some thing from Disney Visa CC with upcoming things and tips. There was a page on the upcoming Food and Wine Festival at DCA. The descriptions listed on that page and the pictures of some of the food seems like there will be a return of some of last year's food offerings. So expect some menu items from last year to be brought back for this year.

When I first saw the timing for this, I groaned thinking just another thing to make the place busy, but then I remembered that I like food and I really like wine and I ain't driving in Disney!! Do they have lots of counter service type events where you can pick up small items to try or is it mostly sit down? Just cause I know my kids will be like 'we did not fly all this way for y'all to be drinking wine when we can be riding rides!' Mind you they are old enough to ride rides when we are drinking our wine! ;)

When I first saw the timing for this, I groaned thinking just another thing to make the place busy, but then I remembered that I like food and I really like wine and I ain't driving in Disney!! Do they have lots of counter service type events where you can pick up small items to try or is it mostly sit down? Just cause I know my kids will be like 'we did not fly all this way for y'all to be drinking wine when we can be riding rides!' Mind you they are old enough to ride rides when we are drinking our wine! ;)

It's more like booths where you order to the side of the booth, hand the people in the booth your receipt and pick up what you ordered.

The booths will be located all the way down the main walkway, so from the entrance back towards Paradise Pier. Like PP said, you order, they give you a receipt and you go to the window to get the food and drink. Then they have standing tables around the booths where you can stop to eat/drink for a few moments. Actual seated tables are few and far between! Don't know if they will let you take the wine with you into an outdoor queue, but you can at least take it and walk around the park!

They also usually have some demonstrations over at the stage in Hollywoodland, but those are definitely not necessary to enjoying it!

For crowds, during the day it really isn't that bad. There are more people in the evenings, but the CMs really try to keep things moving quickly and the queues should be all taped off on the ground to limit crowds from the walkway.

I just checked my mail today and got some thing from Disney Visa CC with upcoming things and tips. There was a page on the upcoming Food and Wine Festival at DCA. The descriptions listed on that page and the pictures of some of the food seems like there will be a return of some of last year's food offerings. So expect some menu items from last year to be brought back for this year.
I just got the letter in the mail! They say there will be 13 booths and they highlighted:
LA Style- chicken teriyaki slider featuring spicy dole pineapple jam or Korean bbq beef short rib tacos with kimchi slaw
I (heart) Artichokes: fried artichoke carbonara with garlic aioli and crumbled bacon topping. Artichoke cake pop drenched in chocolate and pistachios
Citurs Grove: meyer lemon macaron iwth blueberry marmalade, meyer lemon cream and blueberry dust
Nuts About Chese: goat cheese tartine- toast with goat cheese, honey and pistachios

I'm ridiculously happy there is an artichoke booth :)

I just got the letter in the mail! They say there will be 13 booths and they highlighted:
LA Style- chicken teriyaki slider featuring spicy dole pineapple jam or Korean bbq beef short rib tacos with kimchi slaw
I (heart) Artichokes: fried artichoke carbonara with garlic aioli and crumbled bacon topping. Artichoke cake pop drenched in chocolate and pistachios
Citurs Grove: meyer lemon macaron iwth blueberry marmalade, meyer lemon cream and blueberry dust
Nuts About Chese: goat cheese tartine- toast with goat cheese, honey and pistachios

That lemon macaron is literally the best macaron I've ever had anywhere. Glad to see it is back.

The rest of it? Eh. The artichokes in particular, were terrible last year.

Hmm...disappointed so much of it sounds the same. I expected several items to return, but I was hoping there would be a significant number of new additions this year. 90% of that list sounds familiar to me from last spring's event.

Hmm...disappointed so much of it sounds the same. I expected several items to return, but I was hoping there would be a significant number of new additions this year. 90% of that list sounds familiar to me from last spring's event.

I agree. And really...a teriyaki chicken slider? Can they be less original? How about some pulled pork or beef at least?

That lemon macaron is literally the best macaron I've ever had anywhere. Glad to see it is back.

The rest of it? Eh. The artichokes in particular, were terrible last year.
Ha, it's funny how much experiences can vary - we got the lemon macaron last year and it was SOOO CHEWY that we didn't even finish it between two of us. Something was waaay off with it. On the flip side, the fried artichoke things were pretty good when we had them - crispy and bright flavors. There were several artichoke items and I don't recall which one we had, though...

Because of the way they transport/store the food, I suspect that much of it has to do with the freshness of the particular item you receive.

Ha, it's funny how much experiences can vary - we got the lemon macaron last year and it was SOOO CHEWY that we didn't even finish it between two of us. Something was waaay off with it. On the flip side, the fried artichoke things were pretty good when we had them - crispy and bright flavors. There were several artichoke items and I don't recall which one we had, though...

Because of the way they transport/store the food, I suspect that much of it has to do with the freshness of the particular item you receive.

LOL...yeah, the artichokes I got (same as the ones you got) were soggy and cold and missing the bacon! I ate one and threw the rest in the trash.

LOL...yeah, the artichokes I got (same as the ones you got) were soggy and cold and missing the bacon! I ate one and threw the rest in the trash.
Well, I'm gonna be looking for others to try that first for sure then this year. Yikes!

I just hope they have the mac & cheese with french onion on top because I have been dreaming about it since I had it last year. I know they had the recipe in the food & wine book I saw in WDW when we went to that festival but I think I would likely be disappointed in my own version lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter