DCA Saturday and DL Sunday is this true?

xoxosmom

Earning My Ears
I have to change our schedule around because of a PS snafu. :rolleyes2 Now I am wondering if the guidebooks are correct when they advise DCA Saturday and DL Sunday to avoid crowds. Whatcha think?

Generally, this is true if you are going to spend an entire day at 1 park. However, if you are going to park hop it is best to spend the mornings at DL and afternoons at DCA. You can get a lot done at DL in the early morning. Since DCA is never as crowded, the afternoons there are never as bad as DL.

Park hopping at DL/DCA is extremely easy, so even if you spend most of your day in one park, it wouldn't be a huge problem to hop over to the other for a PS. Generally (unless you are trying to enter either park at opening, or just before a parade or major show) it takes less than five minutes from exiting one park to entering the other. However getting from DCA to DL between Electrical parade and fireworks can be a nightmare with long lines.

There's so much more to do in DL, so I agree you should park hop and do DL on Sat morning and DCA in the afternoon-night, and then spend more of Sunday at DL. Saturdays are definately the most crowded day.

The parks are very close to each other. You can easily parkhop back and forth all day. Since the FPs aren't connected between the two parks, you can spend your mornings at DL, get extra FPs, then go over to DCA. That way, if you want to go back to DL to go on FP rides, you can do them later in the evening and not have to wait in the longer lines.

The other issue is Early Entry. This happens at DL on Sat but not Sun. That means if you do not have EE on Sat, then if you show up at park opening there will already be lines in FantasyLand and TomorrowLand. Sat also is ToonTwon Morning Madness, so it too will be busy before non-TTMM folks arrive.

Sunday at DL has no such issues.

Thus if one had to choose the better day to start the morning at DL vs DCA, Sat would be DCA and Sun would be DL. But DL opens before DCA, and one could start Sat at DL and avoid FL, TL and TT, and then hop to DCA when it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter