DCL fan cruises RCCL on Allure and just back - any questions?

Thanks for the tip on Nellie's - I think we will check it out if we go back. Columbus has the reputation of being the least crowded, which I think may be its undoing. Everyone goes there because supposedly nobody goes there :D.

In St. Maarten, we did the Family Race. It was a lot of fun - you divide into teams of at least 4 people, they give you a map and a starting challenge, and off you go. Some challenges were physical, some mental, but nothing was very hard. You run all over the main part of Phillipsburg, looking up dates, famous people, facts, etc. One team member does have to swim, so someone should come prepared with suit and goggles. We teamed up with another family - the youngest on our team was around 9 or 10, and she had a blast. Our only problem was that it was crazy hot that day, and running around town gave me a serious case of what we usually call "Disney rash" or vasculitis around my ankles. We would definitely recommend the excursion, though!

One tidbit I'll add about Oasis Class ships and the show in the aqua theater.... try to reserve your tickets for earlier in the week if possible. This way, if bad weather occurs that cancels your show, you have more opportunities to see it later in the week. Although you can reserve tickets for shows ahead of time, they do open the seating up to anyone before the shows.... 15 minutes before I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter