DCL Vow Renewal with an MK Photo Session?

disneyfan888

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

It has been a while since I posted on the wedding forums. Was looking around to see if I could find the answer to this, but no luck so far.
The hubby and I are set on having a Disney Cruise Vow Renewal in the future. While it is still years away as we want to do it for our 25th anniversary, I was curious if it was possible to be a cruise bride and still have the opportunity to book photo sessions at Disney World?
We got married at WDW and had the MK photo session, but I would really love some new shots in the New Fantasyland area. Would this be at all possible having a DCL vow renewal? The hubby really wants the vow renewal at sea and I love the idea, but I really would love to have some shots in front of Eric's castle and Rapunzel's tower :lovestruc

Any feedback is appreciated. :thanks:

Anybody can book a Magic Kingdom bridal portrait session now! They changed the policy a couple years ago. So you can do a DCL vow renewal or an at-home event or whatever you want. :thumbsup2

I was a cruise bride and had a MK shoot! my only regret is that we didn't have and AK or EPCOT shoot as well!

I was a cruise bride and had a MK shoot! my only regret is that we didn't have and AK or EPCOT shoot as well!
How exciting! If you don't mind sharing, what were your options for the reception location based on the ship you sailed?
We have our hearts set on having the ceremony at Castaway Cay, but not sure where to have the mini reception that is included. Although by the time we do the renewal, the two new ships will be up and running so we have even more options. Can't wait to start planning :)

Absolutely! I can't wait to start planning our VR!! I'm keen to check out the new ships before I decide on our location :)

We were married on the Magic! We could choose to have our ceremony in one of 3 places – Aft Deck 7 (the “secret deck area”) in Sessions (lounge) or on the beach at Castaway Cay. We choose Aft Deck 7!

For our Cake & Champagne we had the option of the Aft Deck 7 area or Sessions – we choose Sessions for a few reasons but mainly so that when we wanted to leave for photos our guests could remain in the lounge. Of course they didn't have to stay but it just gave a bit of guidance & meant people did have to move again. We organised for a few more substantial snacks to be available & they stayed there till just before 6pm when our wedding coordinator collected them all and took them to the live show. After the show we had our dinner reception in Palo :)

Absolutely! I can't wait to start planning our VR!! I'm keen to check out the new ships before I decide on our location :)

We were married on the Magic! We could choose to have our ceremony in one of 3 places – Aft Deck 7 (the “secret deck area”) in Sessions (lounge) or on the beach at Castaway Cay. We choose Aft Deck 7!

For our Cake & Champagne we had the option of the Aft Deck 7 area or Sessions – we choose Sessions for a few reasons but mainly so that when we wanted to leave for photos our guests could remain in the lounge. Of course they didn't have to stay but it just gave a bit of guidance & meant people did have to move again. We organised for a few more substantial snacks to be available & they stayed there till just before 6pm when our wedding coordinator collected them all and took them to the live show. After the show we had our dinner reception in Palo :)
Thanks for sharing! The Magic has a special place in our heart as that is where the hubby proposed. He actually proposed in the "secret deck." We were so sad that it is no longer accessible for guests.

I'll also add that as of right now I think you're technically not able to do a photo session with a route that covers both Eric's castle and the Rapunzel tower. One of the routes takes you to Enchanted Tales with Belle, the exterior of Be Our Guest, and Journey of the Little Mermaid (complete with Eric's castle.) This is the route we picked, and it would cover the most of New Fantasyland if that's what you're looking for. There's another route that takes you to the Tangled area (tower, bathroom building, etc.), Pirates, and Haunted Mansion. But if those two places were the only locations you were really prioritizing then you might be able to work something out, or your photographer might be willing to pop over to the tower on the day of, etc.

I'll also add that as of right now I think you're technically not able to do a photo session with a route that covers both Eric's castle and the Rapunzel tower. One of the routes takes you to Enchanted Tales with Belle, the exterior of Be Our Guest, and Journey of the Little Mermaid (complete with Eric's castle.) This is the route we picked, and it would cover the most of New Fantasyland if that's what you're looking for. There's another route that takes you to the Tangled area (tower, bathroom building, etc.), Pirates, and Haunted Mansion. But if those two places were the only locations you were really prioritizing then you might be able to work something out, or your photographer might be willing to pop over to the tower on the day of, etc.

This is great to know! I had no idea they had routes since we have seen so many shared photos throughout the park. When we did it, we only did castle shots inside and out and around the carousel. I will definitely ask since these would be the only shots we would really want. If they tell me it's either or, then I will end up going with Eric's castle as The Little Mermaid and Ariel are my #1, but it would be really nice if they could accommodate us. Rapunzel is very dear to my heart too :love:

We are getting married on the Fantasy in October for the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. We are scheduled to have an engagement session at EPCOT the Tuesday prior to sailing. It was a $399 add-on. If I wore my wedding dress into the park I think it's an additional $1000+ so I'm fine with waiting until the cruise ceremony to wear my dress. On the ship, we have chosen the Outlook venue for the ceremony and reception which is indoors overlooking the bow with an ocean view.

Here's the link for the DFTW photography sessions...
http://www.disneyfineartphotography.com/portraits/index.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter