DD fed through a G-tube, and frig for meds?

Walt's#onefan

Earning My Ears
My 3-yo DD is fed through a G-tube. What is a quiet place to do her feedings in the parks? Also do I have to pay for her at meals since she won't be eating? Her formula is kept in acontair about the size of a milk jug, and I also have several other meds that need to be refrigerated. Will the free fridges for med reasons be big enough for this purpose?

Several parts to this answer.

In the parks you can go to First Aid. They have private areas and can also provide assistance. Also, if you go to them when you enter the park, they will hold the food for you (and keep it refrigerated if necessary) until you are going to use it.

Call Special Reservations at 407-939-7807. Explain the situation to them. If you already have a reservation, give them the reservation number. They can make sure you get a 4 cubic foot refrigerator and not a 1.5 and also make sure it will be at no carge.

If you take her to a buffet, normally they will waive the charge or possibly charge only a small "entertainment fee" and not for the full meal price. Where there is table service, there is no charge if a meal is not ordered.

My ds was g-tube fed when we went on our MAW trip 2 years ago. The fridge they place in your room is small. We fit bottles of Pedialyte standing up though not too many. Just tell them its for meds and they waive the $10/ a day fee. What we did or actually MAW did is order formula to be delivered down there for dd. We didn't have problems finding places to bollus him.Lots of benches and they also had first aid room/offices that will keep meds refridgerated. You can also feed her there. He only took Pedialyte bollus during the day. and pumped at night.He was still 2 though so we didn't pay for food for him much.He usually shared meals with us or other dd. Most places are understanding though. What formula is she on ds was on Nutren Jr. so that came in cans we did do VIvonex at one point though. Split the formula if you can into 2 smaller containers. :wave2:
17 days to go YAY!!!!:bounce:

I eat via a feeding pump and use a formula that comes in small 8 oz cans which are then poured into a large bag for a 24 hour supply. They are delivered by Apria once a month. Apria is a local company that does deliver supplies to WDW if you have a prescription. The cans would be easier to carry and although they are perishable in extreme heat, they don't need refrigeration. Just a thought, but your child's Dr. may be able to provide assistance with a prescription for the feedings for the time you'll be at WDW so you don't need to worry about bringing along large containers of perishable food. I agree with the suggestion of using First Aid for bolus feedings as they'll have a nice quiet peaceful area to do so vs. being in the middle of crowds and commotion. There are also shady areas of the park where you could sit and do this also. ---Kathy

::MinnieMo Our daughter is fed through a tube. sometimes I would feed her in the baby center and even though she is 7 we take our time with the nice air conditioning, toy center, and needed supplies like wipes available. Or if the scheduled time came about I would sit on a bench and let her eat. Most of the time people are too busy to notice and if they stare I stare back :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter