DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

So how did we come up with the same thought????

Simple minds

It's Friday...

And I had to have one of our vehicles towed into the shop.
Where it likely won't get looked at until Monday.

Oh joy...

I can feel your pain; done that too many times over the last few months

Hey guys, I’m about to go off the grid. Way off the grid. I took an extra long weekend off work (yay!). A buddy of mine has a cabin (some might call it a cottage) way in the woods. It’s a 2.5 hour drive from the city to the edge of Terra Nova National Park (secret of my Dis name is out...I love the area). Then drive about 15 minutes in a woods road, then 10 minute ride on a quad in path , then 20 minutes boat ride up a lake. No cell service, no emails, just relaxing and plenty of rum and PEPSI.
I’ll have to post a few pictures on my return Monday. Have a good one guys and I shall raise a glass to those who have served. Lest we forget.

Way off the grid in Newfoundland is saying something. ;)

Enjoy the weekend.

Hey guys, I’m about to go off the grid. Way off the grid. I took an extra long weekend off work (yay!). A buddy of mine has a cabin (some might call it a cottage) way in the woods. It’s a 2.5 hour drive from the city to the edge of Terra Nova National Park (secret of my Dis name is out...I love the area). Then drive about 15 minutes in a woods road, then 10 minute ride on a quad in path , then 20 minutes boat ride up a lake. No cell service, no emails, just relaxing and plenty of rum and PEPSI.

Have fun storming the forest! And enjoy your brown sugar water.

Awesome SNL skit...
And I had to have one of our vehicles towed into the shop.
Where it likely won't get looked at until Monday.

Oh joy...
The joys of vehicle ownership...
This actually happened but was surpressed and most people don't know about it.
I took an extra long weekend off work (yay!).
Attaboy.
It’s a 2.5 hour drive from the city to the edge of Terra Nova National Park (secret of my Dis name is out...I love the area).
Should be able to hack your computer now.
Then drive about 15 minutes in a woods road, then 10 minute ride on a quad in path , then 20 minutes boat ride up a lake. No cell service, no emails, just relaxing and
...and I'll just cut it off there...
I've been to similar places. And yes, very relaxing. Have a great time!

Yeah, it's Friday.

Teachers pension! That's awesome. My mom's a retired teacher, so much respect for teachers.

Not a teacher, but support staff in the same retirement system.

See, that's the the way I feel: As long as the work is getting done, and in a timely manor, buzz off. Who cares if I take a couple of minutes to cruise the internet. Unfortunately I work with people that feel that as long as you are at work then you need to be doing something every minute of the work day, even if it's busy work. I don't like to work like that. I'll work my butt off, and will work every minute of the day on projects and things that need to get done, but if you're creating busy work just to keep me busy then I get annoyed. Oh, I'll do the job, but I'll be annoyed while doing it.

Another perk. I get my job done and don't punch the time clock. No OT, but flexible hours.

On the Coke vs Pepsi front... so for you folks turning your collective noses up at Pepsi... when you go to a restaurant and ask for a Coke and they say they "only have Pepsi, is that okay?"... what do you do?
I always ask for Coke, but when they say that, I really don't care.

I'd order a beer. If no beer, then I order a coke. If they ask if Pepsi is alright, then I have sweet tea. If no tea, then just water. There is nothing like a cold coca-cola in glass bottle. The only good thing about Pepsi was the Brittany Spears commercials.

Beatings shall continue until morale improves!

That sounds fun, depending on who & what is involved. :lmao::scared1:

Hey dads! Working another Saturday. Hope all is well.

Not a teacher, but support staff in the same retirement system.

Another perk. I get my job done and don't punch the time clock. No OT, but flexible hours.

Ah, thought you were a teacher. Still, you support teachers and are in the same retirement system. I would love flexible hours. I do have a job were I work until 4:00 pm, so there's that.

Morning, folks. Hope the weekend is a good one for everyone.
The only good thing about Pepsi was the Brittany Spears commercials.
Hmmm... thinking I need to google this...
Hey dads! Working another Saturday. Hope all is well.
Same here. Work today til 3pm then again starting at 11pm.
But I have Tues/Wed off. Maybe.

Happy Saturday. Watched Chelsea and Pulisic win 2-0 this AM in EPL. Then, played tennis, cut up leaves with lawnmower in backyard, bought a new dryer for DW, and cooked sirloin steaks for lunch. Now, watching LSU take it to Alabama, but it's still early. It's been a great day, and it's only 3:30 PM. I'm ready for this all the time, well, except for buying a dryer.

Ah, thought you were a teacher. Still, you support teachers and are in the same retirement system. I would love flexible hours. I do have a job were I work until 4:00 pm, so there's that.

4 is good. My schedule varies. So, I may work 12 hours one day, and then only work a couple hours the next day. I keep up with my hours. Then, I go into my 2nd job.

Morning, folks. Hope the weekend is a good one for everyone.

Hmmm... thinking I need to google this...

Same here. Work today til 3pm then again starting at 11pm.
But I have Tues/Wed off. Maybe.

Yes, Brittany's still there on YouTube. I like the commercial better than the drink. Hope you get to enjoy some of the weekend as well.

Morning gents.
Big day for our football team today. Travel out of town in the semi-final and are not favoured to win. Fingers crossed, but with our starting QB out... uphill climb.

Afternoon all. A great morning at work. Came home and DW has started cleaning the house for her family coming to Christmas dinner. In for a long day ...

Morning gents.
Big day for our football team today. Travel out of town in the semi-final and are not favoured to win. Fingers crossed, but with our starting QB out... uphill climb.

Good luck. Are you able to watch then or still at work? It could be worse- your're QB could be Trubisky.

Hello, Dads from a very groggy Dis Dad. Had a full day on this beautiful Sunday. For those who don't know, which is all of you, I'm a classically trained operatic tenor. Now, while I don't sing professionally, I am in demand for local churches, especially mine. So I had to sing at two church services this morning, but not before waking up at 4:30 am to write a speech for tomorrow's Veterans Day Ceremony. One of my members can't march this year in the honor guard, so I'm swapping with him. He'll stand with the speakers and read my speech and I'll take his place in the honor guard. This meant that I had to write a speech for him to read...and I waited until the last minute to do it (welcome to my college days). After both services, I had to make sure my daughter got to children's choir practice, which was like trying to herd cats. Once this was done, I quickly ran home to deliver my daughter so my DW and daughter could run off to usher and volunteer at a local community theater company. Once they there gone, I got to finally relax. Decided I wanted to grab lunch, so I went and grabbed a large turkey sub, fries, and a diet Dr. Pepper...I know, I like the taste. Sat down and watched a TV show while I had lunch. Afterwards I thought I'd watch a movie, so I popped in Star Wars The Last Jedi. Sat down in my chair fully intending to watch the movie only to wake up when the ending credits were rolling by. Guess I needed a nap. Well, on to dinner and bed, maybe tonight I'll get a full nights sleep. Have a good day, Dads.

Even though it's another Monday, this one is at least for our Veterans. Have a great day for all who served.

Hello, Dads from a very groggy Dis Dad. Had a full day on this beautiful Sunday. For those who don't know, which is all of you, I'm a classically trained operatic tenor. Now, while I don't sing professionally, I am in demand for local churches, especially mine. So I had to sing at two church services this morning, but not before waking up at 4:30 am to write a speech for tomorrow's Veterans Day Ceremony. One of my members can't march this year in the honor guard, so I'm swapping with him. He'll stand with the speakers and read my speech and I'll take his place in the honor guard. This meant that I had to write a speech for him to read...and I waited until the last minute to do it (welcome to my college days). After both services, I had to make sure my daughter got to children's choir practice, which was like trying to herd cats. Once this was done, I quickly ran home to deliver my daughter so my DW and daughter could run off to usher and volunteer at a local community theater company. Once they there gone, I got to finally relax. Decided I wanted to grab lunch, so I went and grabbed a large turkey sub, fries, and a diet Dr. Pepper...I know, I like the taste. Sat down and watched a TV show while I had lunch. Afterwards I thought I'd watch a movie, so I popped in Star Wars The Last Jedi. Sat down in my chair fully intending to watch the movie only to wake up when the ending credits were rolling by. Guess I needed a nap. Well, on to dinner and bed, maybe tonight I'll get a full nights sleep. Have a good day, Dads.

Sounds like a full day that would cause a nap. Any chance you have of monetizing that voice? It's a great talent and something you are good at. My oldest sings in our church choir.

Yeah he is great. My fantasy football opponent had him this week.

Well, that was a bad week for you then.

To my fellow veterans, happy veteran's day.

For those of us still living, it can be happy, but in general I don't consider this a "happy" day.

Today is the time to remember those who gave it all for our country and (whether it be the US or Canada or UK) to allow us the freedoms we enjoy. For those of you who lost a loved one in the line of duty, my condolences and heart felt thanks to you and your family. For all who served, thank you for your sacrifice and I'm thankful you didn't pay the ultimate sacrifice.

Morning all.

My team pulled off a "miracle" win yesterday, so I'm happy. They went into Calgary where the home team is 5-0 in playoffs. Trailed early 14-5 and then rallied to win 35-14. Off to the Western Final next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!