DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Snow day here. So, I did the Disney + bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu, and cancelled netflix. Watched Captain Marvel and Mandalorian. Not a bad start. Needs more light sabre though.

what how? Pepsi once had Jar Jar on a can, can coke really compete with that?

Coke had cocaine in it. Your argument is nullified.

The coffee machine in our house finally gave up the ghost Sunday, after me repairing it twice over the last 4 years, and this time it would have been almost as much in parts as a new one, so Mr Bezos took a hefty chunk of my money this morning. Back to the old school Cona today, which is a great piece of dinner theatre but a right royal PITA to do for one. New one turns up Thursday. For the price of it, I'm kinda expecting a Barista to turn up with it.

Press pot. Never going back to coffee makers.

Ya' know what...

I think I'll do just that...

View attachment 452206

You and the Mrs on a solo trip? That's terrific.

Hey guys, I’m back in civilization after my get away to my friend’s cabin. It was a nice weekend. The weather was mostly sunny but cold. We stayed inside for the most part anyway. My friend had a couple projects to keep us busy, like putting some insulation in his attic. I am an early riser so my mornings were spent putting in a fire, having a cup of tea, and reading a book. Not one email or phone call was checked. Almost a shame to come back to reality.

Morning Y'all. It's still taters in London.

Hey guys, I’m back in civilization after my get away to my friend’s cabin. It was a nice weekend. The weather was mostly sunny but cold. We stayed inside for the most part anyway. My friend had a couple projects to keep us busy, like putting some insulation in his attic. I am an early riser so my mornings were spent putting in a fire, having a cup of tea, and reading a book. Not one email or phone call was checked. Almost a shame to come back to reality.
That sounds idyllic mate, nice pics. Welcome back to the race of rats.
Naaa...
Best as I can tell, Charbuck$ overcharges simply 'cause folks are willing to hand over the money. Nothing more.
I was at a dinner once with a Costa (one of the UK chains) franchise owner. He owned 4. I saw him drive away in a Bentley.
He was telling me to make a cup of coffee (whatever it is) averages out around 22c per cup in your money, including overhead. What's the average price of a cup, $2.99? So all you need is foot traffic, and its a licence to print money.
Ya' know what...

I think I'll do just that...
YEAH BOIIIIII!!!!
Nice one. Is this for the Convention thing or an cheeky Xmas trip?

View attachment 452302

View attachment 452303

View attachment 452304

View attachment 452305

View attachment 452306

Beautiful spot and not a bit of snow in sight.

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike,

What day is it?

I'm not Mike but I'm pretty sure it's Wednesday. ;)

'Morning all...

Burrrr...
-4C is just a smidgen off normal for autumn in the Carolinas.
Actually had to put on a coat and start-up the Missus's auto this morning.

So how bad did it get for all y'all farther north of me?

It could be both (cash-saving and weight-saving). "Your engine is too expensive, find a way to make it cheaper."

"Well, we could use plastic here, but it would be in danger of--"

"Do it!"
I've been in meeting that went along those lines.
The story checks out.

That sounds quite relaxing.
Well, except for the having to work in return for the room & board, but that's fair and a small price.
You probably should'a found a way to stay longer.

That's great! Nice Job there sir. When ya going? C'mon details........... Nice Guitars in the background there too
You and the Mrs on a solo trip? That's terrific.
YEAH BOIIIIII!!!!
Nice one. Is this for the Convention thing or an cheeky Xmas trip?

Definitely a cheeky trip. Not part of the DDCC cause I can't travel the week that they always do that one (unless I'm actually unemployed, but that's a different situation). Just me and my Gal, and we're looking forward to taking it slow and spending a fair amount of time in the various lounges across property.

I've actually been kind'a holding back on talking about this one as right up 'til the last minute I could'a had to to cancel it.
Story goes like this -
We tried to do this back in the summer, but the new overlords changed the accounting calendar and wrecked that attempt. A second chance showed up when Disney reissued the free dining packages. This time I was supposed to be unemployed and was intending to spend part of the time looking into employment in Fla (may still do a bit of that though). As it stands now, I'm still scheduled to have work through the end of the year and possibly a bit farther, but we still figured - Ehh, what the heck, let's go anyway.

As a side note: we're actually doing this mostly on Dis-Visa points and gift-cards that we've been saving up for quite some time so it's not costing me very much out of pocket.

Anyway, details, details...
We're heading that general direction either Friday evening of Saturday morning. It's a mixed trip with time on-world and some off site. Sunday through Thursday morning we're camping at AS-Mu (can't afford moderates or better any more). As a treat, we'll do the MVMCP on Sunday evening and then hop the parks the next four days. Staying in the area until Saturday so we'll probably be hitting The Springs and doing some more resort hopping toward the end of the week. As I said, we picked up free dining this time so we'll also check out a few sit-down dinner options that are new to us such as:
Skipper Canteen, Sanaa, Hacienda de San Angel and The Wave. It's also the last week of the F&W over at Epcot, so we'll be saving the snack credits for that (more bang for the buck).

Well'p...
That's the story gents.

We're heading that general direction either Friday evening of Saturday morning. It's a mixed trip with time on-world and some off site. Sunday through Thursday morning we're camping at AS-Mu (can't afford moderates or better any more). As a treat, we'll do the MVMCP on Sunday evening and then hop the parks the next four days. Staying in the area until Saturday so we'll probably be hitting The Springs and doing some more resort hopping toward the end of the week. As I said, we picked up free dining this time so we'll also check out a few sit-down dinner options that are new to us such as:
Skipper Canteen, Sanaa, Hacienda de San Angel and The Wave. It's also the last week of the F&W over at Epcot, so we'll be saving the snack credits for that (more bang for the buck).
Congrats Rob!!!

Check your PM. Would like to meet up with y'all while you're here, if you're interested. If you're not, can't really blame you...it is me after all. ;)

Mornin' Dads! Been pretty busy here so I haven't had a chance to really check in, but took a few minutes during break to stop by to say "Hey!" Well, winter is officially here in New England. Yesterday morning it was 60 degrees, by night fall it was snowing and today its in the 20's. New England, if you don't like the weather just wait a minute.

Welcome home. Looks like an awesome place to relax.

As a side note: we're actually doing this mostly on Dis-Visa points and gift-cards that we've been saving up for quite some time so it's not costing me very much out of pocket.

Sounds like a great time! Hope you both enjoy yourselves.

morning gents. Quick drive-thru...

Picked up Disney+... oh about 20 minutes ago so haven't seen a thing yet.

Looks rustic and.... very inviting!
:lmao:
-4C is just a smidgen off normal for autumn in the Carolinas.
mmm... I miss the warmth of a nice -4 day.
Actually, it's supposed to warm up to that by the weekend, I think.
-17C the other night.

Happy Wednesday fellas. About to pick up and leave Aulani today. Always love making it out here. Of course, since we’re in Sacramento, the flight to/from Honolulu is the same distance as the flight to Orlando, so it’s a lot easier for us to get to Aulani, esp. since we can fly direct into Honolulu.

Had no problem downloading Disney+ onto the iPads and downloading shows for the flight home. Looking forward to checking out some of the shows. Biggest issue was the laggy Disney WiFi from the room. Of course when did the boy, who’s 5, stop wanting to watch cartoons and now he’s all into Descendants, High School Musical, and all these tween Disney shows. Need to let him know that sometimes he moves too fast for the old man!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hope all were like my family and had no issues yesterday with Disney +. DS said only problems he was having was what to watch next. Have a good one gents.
Looks like a great place to just escape for a few days. Glad you had a good time and sorry you are back with all us rats
I was at a dinner once with a Costa (one of the UK chains) franchise owner. He owned 4. I saw him drive away in a Bentley.
He was telling me to make a cup of coffee (whatever it is) averages out around 22c per cup in your money, including overhead. What's the average price of a cup, $2.99? So all you need is foot traffic, and its a licence to print money.
Same thing in the fast food industry - those $1.00 Cokes cost all in $0.18. French Fries are also along these lines in profitability ratios.
Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike,
What!
Definitely a cheeky trip. Not part of the DDCC cause I can't travel the week that they always do that one (unless I'm actually unemployed, but that's a different situation). Just me and my Gal, and we're looking forward to taking it slow and spending a fair amount of time in the various lounges across property.

I've actually been kind'a holding back on talking about this one as right up 'til the last minute I could'a had to to cancel it.
Story goes like this -
We tried to do this back in the summer, but the new overlords changed the accounting calendar and wrecked that attempt. A second chance showed up when Disney reissued the free dining packages. This time I was supposed to be unemployed and was intending to spend part of the time looking into employment in Fla (may still do a bit of that though). As it stands now, I'm still scheduled to have work through the end of the year and possibly a bit farther, but we still figured - Ehh, what the heck, let's go anyway.

Well'p...
That's the story gents.
Sounds like a great trip and one I'm sure you and Mrs are looking forward to with all the curve balls been thrown at you lately. Lounges you say? I have to give you a few to consider:
Nomad Lounge in AK - sit outside if weather permits. They have a Disney Select Knob Creek bourbon and real good appetizer / snack foods. Also hit the Dawa Bar in AK for a Bloody Mary if you like those
Baseline Tap House at HS - good craft beers
And a couple of CJ's favorites - Tune-In-Lounge at HS and Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk

mmm... I miss the warmth of a nice -4 day.
Actually, it's supposed to warm up to that by the weekend, I think.

-17C the other night.
Yeah, that's a shade on the coolish side.
Of course, being better than 1000 miles north of me and another 600 west on the prairies, I ain't surprised either.
The coldest we've ever experienced here is about -13C but that's rare. Jan & Feb will often see around -5 or -6 for a week or two but it ain't that common in mid November.

Lounges you say? I have to give you a few to consider:
Nomad Lounge in AK - sit outside if weather permits. They have a Disney Select Knob Creek bourbon and real good appetizer / snack foods. Also hit the Dawa Bar in AK for a Bloody Mary if you like those
Baseline Tap House at HS - good craft beers
And a couple of CJ's favorites - Tune-In-Lounge at HS and Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk

Yup...
All those are on the radar.
We've known about Nomad send way back a couple years before Pandora opened up and have been trying to keep it a secret from the general rabble and riff-raff. For us, that one's a "Stacy" (AKA: "a must do").

Base Line may well get hit and Tune-In is a thought for possibly getting something off the Prime Time menu. We're also considering The Derby lounge for the menu possibilities. Also on our list of Stacys... we'll certainly hit Trader Sam's (at least once if not twice) and most likely Jock Lindsey's. Tambu, Enchanted Rose, and Crew's Cup are also definite-maybes.

Yup...
All those are on the radar.
We've known about Nomad send way back a couple years before Pandora opened up and have been trying to keep it a secret from the general rabble and riff-raff. For us, that one's a "Stacy" (AKA: "a must do").

Base Line may well get hit and Tune-In is a thought for possibly getting something off the Prime Time menu. We're also considering The Derby lounge for the menu possibilities. Also on our list of Stacys... we'll certainly hit Trader Sam's (at least once if not twice) and most likely Jock Lindsey's. Tambu, Enchanted Rose, and Crew's Cup are also definite-maybes.
Great minds think alike. Enchanted Rose looks like it has possibilities, you'll have to let us know how that one is since it's new. Your other ones are regular stops for sure and if you like a good bourbon, that Disney Select Knob Creek is sometimes at Jock's and the Derby Lounge. Again, have a blast and post of you comings and goings while there when ya can.

Beautiful spot and not a bit of snow in sight.
Not yet...
But in the winter, he takes his snowmobile in, so I might get up there again in a couple months.

Interesting weather today. Thanks to a wonky jet stream, it is 16C/61F here today in eastern Newfoundland (but raining).
You have to go as far south as Doc in Florida to find similar temperatures.
But don't worry, it's due to drop to near freezing tomorrow.

You probably should'a found a way to stay longer.
We thought about it, but the rum was gone...

we're camping at AS-Mu (can't afford moderates or better any more).
I feel your pain. ASMu was the best I could do last trip as well.

Yesterday morning it was 60 degrees, by night fall it was snowing and today its in the 20's. New England, if you don't like the weather just wait a minute.
Very similar to the weather here. 61F here today but down to near freezing tomorrow. Crazy stuff.

Happy Wednesday fellas. About to pick up and leave Aulani today. Always love making it out here. Of course, since we’re in Sacramento, the flight to/from Honolulu is the same distance as the flight to Orlando, so it’s a lot easier for us to get to Aulani, esp. since we can fly direct into Honolulu.
Sorry to hear it's ending, but happy that you got there.
It's pretty much the same for me, flight-wise. I can fly direct too!
I just have to make stops (and plane changes) in MSP, ORD and SFO... but then it's direct, non-stop.
The coldest we've ever experienced here is about -13C but that's rare. Jan & Feb will often see around -5 or -6 for a week or two but it ain't that common in mid November.
It's a pretty rare day if it hits -13C here in Jan & Feb.

:rolleyes1
But don't worry, it's due to drop to near freezing tomorrow.
<phew> You were close to having to hand in your Maple Leaf embossed citizenship card.

So we have had an update on the purse mishap. For those with short term memory loss here is a quick recap:

1. DD lost her new BBB purse in Sept @ Ft Wilderness. Lost & found report filed.
2. Report closed unable to locate it.
3. Try buying a new one after we got home.
4. A nice gent replaced her SoTMK cards. (Thanks again)
5. The purse Disney sent us was not a purse but the free bag they give you during the make over.
It gets returned.
6. I send Disney a strongly worded email.
7. Friend of DW buys DD a new purse.
8. WDW replies to email with a response that I took as basically take a hike, leaving a sour taste in my mouth and writing off WDW for the near future.
9. Today, I get a call from WDW asking to provide a detailed list of lost pins, lanyard, purse, etc that was lost so they can replace it.

I guess I had a little pixie dust left after all as I was just looking to buy another purse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!