DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Seem to be OK now, I have a few tests to do to try and figure out what happened. A little rest for now and I should be fine.
What happened? Shortness of breath? Felt faint?
Hey dads! Anyone ever need to take a class/read something for work that you need to do in order to advance, etc but just don't have the drive to do it? I'm in that boat right now with my medical coding. I need to re-start my studying again in order to get certified so I can change careers, and hopefully get more money, but man I just can't seem to get motivated. Don't get me wrong, I've been studying, but not like I should, so I need help. What are some things that you guys have used to get motivated? I'm trying to use my current situation, which is helping, but I need something more. Any ideas? Thanks, guys!
My DW motivates me.
Well... she makes me do things that I don't really wanna do. Vaccuum… clean the toilet... etc...

What happened? Shortness of breath? Felt faint?

Bad chest pains, clammy, light headed. The bad pain only lasted a couple of minutes and the cardiogram and blood test were clear. The doctor did say it wasn't long enough to get a good feel for what caused it to happen.

Hey guys! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving if you're in the U.S., and a nice normal weekend if you're someplace else. I had a great time enjoying 4 days of not having to schlepp kids anywhere. Smoked turkey turned out great, and the wallet is smoldering after Black Friday and having to make some deposits for our Alaska trip next summer.

Well if you're ever foolish enough to get anywhere near the Charlotte area again, the drinks and grub are on me.

Nope. I'm buying because I'm too stupid to follow directions!

Rob, you need to be on your game here. @pkondz is very quick on the draw with the credit card. Gotta be fast to beat him.

Had a little scare in the morning. I was told to just take it easy and was relieved of my duties for the day.

Darcy, I hope everything is ok!

Bad chest pains, clammy, light headed. The bad pain only lasted a couple of minutes and the cardiogram and blood test were clear. The doctor did say it wasn't long enough to get a good feel for what caused it to happen.
Oh man. That doesn’t sound great.
having to make some deposits for our Alaska trip next summer.
Did I know about this? When you going? Pretty sure it’ll be well after my trip.
Rob, you need to be on your game here. @pkondz is very quick on the draw with the credit card. Gotta be fast to beat him.
:laughing:

Did I know about this? When you going? Pretty sure it’ll be well after my trip.

I hadn't really announced anything yet, but we have one more state to reach 50, and my daughter is graduating high school this year, so...

I'm sure I'll be asking you for all sorts of tips. We are going in late July.

I hadn't really announced anything yet, but we have one more state to reach 50, and my daughter is graduating high school this year, so...
Riiiiiight… This rings a bell. Feel free to ask me stuff, not sure if you'll be going where we are, but... more than happy to pass along whatever I find out.

Happy Monday. Paid the property taxes today. A not so merry Christmas to me.

And my Epcot Hot Stacy must dos. Or, in this case, the must nots.

Soarin around the World used to be my absolute favorite. We get the paper fast pass, stand by, and 2nd fast for later in the day. Now, since CGI sideways building updates, Soarin is off the list. I know Test Track did the update, but I only liked the outdoor part of the ride anyway.

So, the first must do has to be the Frozen Maelstrom. At least, that's what I called it. I'll get a FP there. I enjoy singing along the ride as well. It also takes me back to when the ride was just the Maelstrom. We stopped to watch the movie after the ride, and when a young child stopped to watch, his dad jerked him up saying they had to go because the film was "propaganda". So, it's the Frozen Maelstrom Propoganda ride.

I would just say Drinking Around the World would be my activity, but we must be more specific. The Tequila bar in Mexico is the best stop. But, the best drink is the Grey Goose slush with a croissant from France.

The Three Cabelleros boat ride is an absolute must do. Since we are usually there in low crowd times, we will go two in a row, sometimes, just us in a boat.

Speaking of boat rides, Living with the Land is my favorite ride at Epcot. We've been on that ride multiple times each trip. Sometimes, the line is long when the herd from Soarin wanders over. We've done the Behind the Seeds tour and eaten the good in the Garden Grille.

(1) Living with the Land
(2) Frozen Maelstrom Propaganda
(3) Three Cabelleros
(4) Figment of the Imagination
(5) Grey Goose slush + croissant

Sadly, I missed the opportunity to do the Segway tour there. I said I would wait until my children are older. I shouldn't have waited.

Favorite restaurants?
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Tutti Italia
Nine Dragons
Tappan Edo
Rose n Crown
Chefs de France
Biergarten

The Akershus Breakfast is good, especially for the early morning pictures. But, we haven't eaten there for dinner. Restaurant Marakesh, Monsiour Paul, and both Angel restaurants at Mexico we are still missing. But, with the AP this year, I plan to fix that.

Hmmm... switch tracks... the real monorails do it... so... must be possible? Unless it's car controlled vs track controlled? Hmmm... Google search coming up...

Epcot.
Fave rides

1. TT
2. Soarin'
3. SE
4. MS... maybe...
5.... Turtle Talk? Is that a ride? Still pretty cool tech, there.

Must dos...
1. SCUBA in the Seas and interact with kids on the other side of the glass.
Visit the "countries"
I like to visit the art store. Some great stuff in there.
See my "dad" in SE. I suspect (as long as they don't change that) it will shoot up to 1 after he's gone.
5. See the twinkle lights in the sidewalk when leaving the park.

I haven't done the Scuba tour. I keep saying one of these trips. Maybe this year. But, I was also thinking the Wild Africa Trek, so the wallet may not be able to afford all that.

Morning boys from a Sunny but 1C London. lady K’s Birthday today so day off and going to Coal Drops Yard to hang out with the hipsters.

On the monorail thing I think the TTC set has a track splitter.

1. Mission Space
2. Frozen Maelstrom
3. TT
4. Soarin
5. SE

Must Do
1. Gran Fiesta Tour
2. La Cava for a margarita
3. Club Cool (RIP)
4. Berate the UK pavilion shop for only carrying Man U Chelsea and Arsenal shirts
5. DVC lounge for a cheeky rest up

I didn't care for the DVC lounge. It was a nice change of pace, but not enough AC for the upstairs. As for Chelsea, at least your West Ham team got them last week.

Morning Dads! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Wednesday for me was just as I thought it was going to be: Crazy busy! Everyone had to ship something out before the long weekend, so I spend most of the day in the warehouse helping those guys with prepping all the shipping that was going to happen. Well, have a good day, everyone.

Just consider it job security.

Seem to be OK now, I have a few tests to do to try and figure out what happened. A little rest for now and I should be fine.

Your other post sounds scary. Hope you find out what caused it.

Hey dads! Anyone ever need to take a class/read something for work that you need to do in order to advance, etc but just don't have the drive to do it? I'm in that boat right now with my medical coding. I need to re-start my studying again in order to get certified so I can change careers, and hopefully get more money, but man I just can't seem to get motivated. Don't get me wrong, I've been studying, but not like I should, so I need help. What are some things that you guys have used to get motivated? I'm trying to use my current situation, which is helping, but I need something more. Any ideas? Thanks, guys!

Can't help you there. I have very little motivation these days. The Keto stuff has picked up my energy level and I've been willing and able to accomplish a lot more than before. However, on the workfront, there aren't any available opportunities. So, I'm just riding this out to retirement.

Hey guys! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving if you're in the U.S., and a nice normal weekend if you're someplace else. I had a great time enjoying 4 days of not having to schlepp kids anywhere. Smoked turkey turned out great, and the wallet is smoldering after Black Friday and having to make some deposits for our Alaska trip next summer.

Darcy, I hope everything is ok!

Have fun in Alaska. I don't think we ever had the desire to visit all 50 states though. I'm not sure Hawaii is even on there. I want to get to DL, but that's about it.

So what's this game we're playing?

Someone mentioned top 5 coasters at WDW. Dan expanded it to top 5 attractions at each theme park. But, since we can't play by our own parameters of the game, we list all our favorites and then give a top 5. You're MK & Epcot behind. The remaining parks are later.

Someone mentioned top 5 coasters at WDW. Dan expanded it to top 5 attractions at each theme park. But, since we can't play by our own parameters of the game, we list all our favorites and then give a top 5. You're MK & Epcot behind. The remaining parks are later.

Got it.

MK Top 5

1. POTC
2. BTMR
3. Space Mountain
4. Splash Mountain
5. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

EPCOT top 5

1. Mission Space
2. Test Track
3. Soarin
4. Spaceship Earth
5. Living with the Land

Now, since CGI sideways building updates, Soarin is off the list.
I like the new Soarin' well enough (no... not as much as the old one), but only... ONLY! by insisting on center-top seating. I'm more than prepared to tell a CM that I'll wait, but I haven't had to yet. The first time I saw it was off to the side and it was horrible. Next time... no leaning buildings!
The animals are still crap, but the rest isn't too bad.
We stopped to watch the movie after the ride, and when a young child stopped to watch, his dad jerked him up saying they had to go because the film was "propaganda". So, it's the Frozen Maelstrom Propoganda ride.
:lmao:
I haven't done the Scuba tour. I keep saying one of these trips. Maybe this year. But, I was also thinking the Wild Africa Trek, so the wallet may not be able to afford all that.
Depends on what you want, I think.
When I dive in the Seas, I pretty much ignore the fish and concentrate on making kids happy. Makes me smile everytime when a parent motions with their camera if they can shoot the kids with me.
I wonder how many albums I'm in! :laughing:

Morning comrades, from another Sunny but Chilly London.

So, moving on the Friendship Boat over to MGM.

Attractions based on Overall Coolness.
1. Tower of Terror. Fantastic theming. I do love the Twilight Zone Stuff but also can't wait to try the Guardians one in DL.
2. Slinky Dog Dash. Especially at night.
3. Toy Story Mania.
4. Smugglers Run. Even as a non SW fan flying the Falcon is pretty cool.
5. Muppets 3D. Coz, you know. Muppets. And all the signs on the doors as you walk in the theatre.

We really don't have any must do's in DHS. We tend to skip round and then leave to eat around the Boardwalk.

Have a good day chaps, and rest up Darcy..

Morning, folks...

Another early one, but supposed to heat up quite a bit to around here to 0C/32F.

Morning comrades, from another Sunny but Chilly London.

So, moving on the Friendship Boat over to MGM.

Attractions based on Overall Coolness.
1. Tower of Terror. Fantastic theming. I do love the Twilight Zone Stuff but also can't wait to try the Guardians one in DL.
2. Slinky Dog Dash. Especially at night.
3. Toy Story Mania.
4. Smugglers Run. Even as a non SW fan flying the Falcon is pretty cool.
5. Muppets 3D. Coz, you know. Muppets. And all the signs on the doors as you walk in the theatre.

We really don't have any must do's in DHS. We tend to skip round and then leave to eat around the Boardwalk.

Have a good day chaps, and rest up Darcy..

As for TOT, that theming... best in Disney as far as queues go...

DSC07985_zpsd2px1cxc.jpg

DSC07990_zpscf5e358y.jpg

DSC07993_zpspxl4tpuo.jpg

DSC08003_zpsrmo20ipq.jpg

DSC08008_zpsz7kud4lj.jpg

DSC08011_zpsbbehkne8.jpg

My list:

Rides
1. TOT
2. RNRC
3. SDD
4. TSMM
5. SR

I might move SR up in the future, but I've only done the engineer seat and... that was awful. I still can't really say I've been on the ride since I didn't see what was going on. Too busy staring at buttons.

Morning, Dads! What a night last night with all the blowing wind and rain, which ultimately turned into snow this morning on my drive into work. Love watching it snow. Yesterday was another busy day working in the warehouse. Because we were closed Thursday and Friday, and spent all day Wednesday crating and shipping, we were way behind on receiving. So, I spent all day in the warehouse receiving. Well, have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

Dude, those don't sound good...hope you feel better.

So...I gather from this you've hit all but one state? That's cool. I've driven through a lot when I moved from New Mexico to Boston and loved that trip...would love to take my time and visit more states.

Happy Monday. Paid the property taxes today. A not so merry Christmas to me.

And my Epcot Hot Stacy must dos. Or, in this case, the must nots.

Soarin around the World used to be my absolute favorite. We get the paper fast pass, stand by, and 2nd fast for later in the day. Now, since CGI sideways building updates, Soarin is off the list. I know Test Track did the update, but I only liked the outdoor part of the ride anyway.

So, the first must do has to be the Frozen Maelstrom. At least, that's what I called it. I'll get a FP there. I enjoy singing along the ride as well. It also takes me back to when the ride was just the Maelstrom. We stopped to watch the movie after the ride, and when a young child stopped to watch, his dad jerked him up saying they had to go because the film was "propaganda". So, it's the Frozen Maelstrom Propoganda ride.

I would just say Drinking Around the World would be my activity, but we must be more specific. The Tequila bar in Mexico is the best stop. But, the best drink is the Grey Goose slush with a croissant from France.

The Three Cabelleros boat ride is an absolute must do. Since we are usually there in low crowd times, we will go two in a row, sometimes, just us in a boat.

Speaking of boat rides, Living with the Land is my favorite ride at Epcot. We've been on that ride multiple times each trip. Sometimes, the line is long when the herd from Soarin wanders over. We've done the Behind the Seeds tour and eaten the good in the Garden Grille.

(1) Living with the Land
(2) Frozen Maelstrom Propaganda
(3) Three Cabelleros
(4) Figment of the Imagination
(5) Grey Goose slush + croissant

Sadly, I missed the opportunity to do the Segway tour there. I said I would wait until my children are older. I shouldn't have waited.

Favorite restaurants?
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Tutti Italia
Nine Dragons
Tappan Edo
Rose n Crown
Chefs de France
Biergarten

The Akershus Breakfast is good, especially for the early morning pictures. But, we haven't eaten there for dinner. Restaurant Marakesh, Monsiour Paul, and both Angel restaurants at Mexico we are still missing. But, with the AP this year, I plan to fix that.

Just consider it job security.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Can't help you there. I have very little motivation these days. The Keto stuff has picked up my energy level and I've been willing and able to accomplish a lot more than before. However, on the workfront, there aren't any available opportunities. So, I'm just riding this out to retirement.

:rotfl2: That's my problem, too: little motivation. For me, since I lost my job earlier this year, I find myself in a unique position where I feel I can change careers...all because I lost my job. Though, if I hadn't, I wouldn't be rockin' the boat at my old job. And I can't do Keto. I have lost weight and have gained some of my energy levels back, but it's because of all the moving I do at work and physical labor. And I'll take it.

Love watching it snow.
I don't mind watching it... it's the shoveling after that I'm not a huge fan of...
So...I gather from this you've hit all but one state? That's cool. I've driven through a lot when I moved from New Mexico to Boston and loved that trip...would love to take my time and visit more states.

I need to start a pin board like Mark has. I haven't done 50, but it must be getting pretty close by now.

@declansdad glad to hear you're telling better. Scary stuff.

I need to start a pin board like Mark has. I haven't done 50, but it must be getting pretty close by now
I've done all but 4 states. I figure I can knock 3 of them off in one fell swoop (ME, NH and VT. The other will be a save up for trip...HI.

What a night last night with all the blowing wind and rain, which ultimately turned into snow this morning on my drive into work. Love watching it snow.
Storm day here, ice and snow mix on the way.
That system is supposed to get here tomorrow, but luckily it should be rain. I don't have to shovel rain.

I don't mind watching it... it's the shoveling after that I'm not a huge fan of...
Ditto.
It is really pretty when you get a quiet, still night with big flakes softly falling.
It's usually the other end of the spectrum round here. Howling wind and whiteout snow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!