DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Riiiiiight… This rings a bell. Feel free to ask me stuff, not sure if you'll be going where we are, but... more than happy to pass along whatever I find out.

We're doing a cruise from Vancouver up to Seward (one way). Then taking another week to drive and see the mainland (Anchorage, Denali, etc.). I messed up with the cruise, though. We chose the cheapest one, and it doesn't go into Glacier Bay. Still kicking myself for that. So we might actually find another way there at the end of the 2nd week.

Now, since CGI sideways building updates, Soarin is off the list. I know Test Track did the update, but I only liked the outdoor part of the ride anyway.

The update of Soarin' really downgraded it, in my opinion. Terrible CGI, curvy buildings and much less of a sense of actually flying. We started calling it Hoverin'.

Have fun in Alaska. I don't think we ever had the desire to visit all 50 states though. I'm not sure Hawaii is even on there. I want to get to DL, but that's about it.

My mom and dad took us all over the country when we were kids, and I wanted to do the same with mine--so many national parks and other sights are well worth the effort to see them. Keeping track of the states we visited made for a simple goal that everyone could follow. There are a few states I don't need to visit again, though. :rolleyes1

Hawaii is pretty amazing, though. Worth the trip.

You're MK & Epcot behind. The remaining parks are later.

I'm way behind on this!

I like the new Soarin' well enough (no... not as much as the old one), but only... ONLY! by insisting on center-top seating. I'm more than prepared to tell a CM that I'll wait, but I haven't had to yet. The first time I saw it was off to the side and it was horrible. Next time... no leaning buildings!
The animals are still crap, but the rest isn't too bad.

I need to be more picky with my seat, too. Sitting on the side really made for a bad experience. I thought they ruined the ride.

So...I gather from this you've hit all but one state? That's cool. I've driven through a lot when I moved from New Mexico to Boston and loved that trip...would love to take my time and visit more states.

Yes. We just covered the Pacific Northwest this past summer, which brought us up to 49 as a family (my little guy is a few states behind). All that's left is Alaska, so we're looking to conquer that next summer.

Feeling better this morning so I came into the office for a bit. Only had that one episode so I'm thinking that's a good thing.

Hoping for no repeats. Reminds me of that episode of a-fib I had a couple of years ago. No idea where that came from, but it hasn't come back so far (knock on wood).

I need to start a pin board like Mark has. I haven't done 50, but it must be getting pretty close by now.

But you've covered a lot more of Canada than I have.

I don't mind watching it... it's the shoveling after that I'm not a huge fan of...

That's me. I live on Cape Cod and use to work in Boston, so I had a 2.5 hour commute to work. Well, part of this commute involved driving 30 miles to the commuter rail station. You can imagine what it was like driving during the winter. Can't tell you how many blizzards and Nor'easters I've driven through. Not fun, BUT, I've gotten real good at driving in snow.

@declansdad
I've done all but 4 states. I figure I can knock 3 of them off in one fell swoop (ME, NH and VT. The other will be a save up for trip...HI.

Still, that's cool. I've only been to VT once, it winter, and it didn't look that impressive to me...it was overcast, gray and where I was was very muddy. I've always wanted to visit VT during the summer, though. I have been to ME, but it was for a birthday lunch and didn't really explore, so another state I want to re-visit and explore. Never been to NH, though I've always wanted to go and explore it.

Catching up on park Top 5's...

Magic Kingdom:
1. Big Thunder Mountain RR
2. Space Mountain
3. Haunted Mansion
4. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. 7DMT

Epcot:
1. Test Track

(big gap)

2. Mission: Space (liked the old version better)
3. Spaceship Earth
4. Hoverin' (California version would have been #2 on this list, easily)
5. Watching my little kids do the Agent P spy missions.

Hopefully the Guardians and Ratatouille rides give this park a boost.

Hollywood Studios:
1. Rock 'n Roller Coaster
2. Slinky Dog Dash
3. Toy Story Mania
4. Star Tours
5. (tie) Indiana Jones and Muppets 3D

I know, the Indiana Jones show is ancient, but darned if I don't love it. Looking forward to trying the Star Wars rides out when I go back in 2027 or whatever.

I've done all but 4 states. I figure I can knock 3 of them off in one fell swoop (ME, NH and VT. The other will be a save up for trip...HI.
But how many Canadians do you know who've done all 50? ;)
I'm pretty sure I'll get 'em all or come pretty close, eventually.
It is really pretty when you get a quiet, still night with big flakes softly falling.
::yes::
I need to be more picky with my seat, too. Sitting on the side really made for a bad experience. I thought they ruined the ride.
You have to be. Because it is ruined if you sit to the side.
Probably. :)
Still have a couple Maritime provinces to do and two territories.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Great to hear @declansdad / Darcy is doing better. Catch up on this top 5 Thing
MK
1. Big Thunder Mountain RR
2. Space Mountain
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Buzzlightyear
5. Jungle Cruise

EPCOT
1. Soarin
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Frozen
4. Rose & Crown
5. Rose & Crown

HS
1. Rock 'n Roller Coaster
2. Toy Story Mania
3. Slinky Dog Dash
4. Star Tours
5. Fantasmic

That system is supposed to get here tomorrow, but luckily it should be rain. I don't have to shovel rain.

Ditto.
It is really pretty when you get a quiet, still night with big flakes softly falling.
It's usually the other end of the spectrum round here. Howling wind and whiteout snow.

:rotfl2: "I don't have to shovel rain." That's funny. I had a good chuckle over that, and you're right, you don't have to shovel rain.

Yes. We just covered the Pacific Northwest this past summer, which brought us up to 49 as a family (my little guy is a few states behind). All that's left is Alaska, so we're looking to conquer that next summer.

That's cool. My family never did this and I wish we had. Wait, I lied somewhat. My uncle would take me and my older brother and do this with the parks around 4 corner area, NM, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado, but not my mom and dad. My dad worked 6 days a week at a business he owned and never took a vacation.

By the looks of this, it looks like you visited Carlsbad Caverns in southern NM. I grew up 100 miles north of there in Roswell.

I need to start a pin board like Mark has. I haven't done 50, but it must be getting pretty close by now.
I am at a paltry 22. You can pretty much draw a square in the middle starting at New Mexico, Up to ND, go over to Missouri and Down to Georgia and back and I haven't visited all the states in the square. Except for the Pilgrimage to Soldier Field and Wrigley. And I haven't done that NW corner of WA, MT and ID.

‘Morning all…
Work has kept me a bit more busy cleaning up for a holiday in the midst of closing.
Such is life…

And may whatever snuck up on Darcy, but nothing more than a false alarm.
(And may that false alarm be less painful on the wallet then the one I got caught up in this year.)

Top 5’s eh….
Hummmmmmm….
Well, as of now (knowing that all the construction will likely be changing these)

Magic Kingdom:
1. Big Thunder
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto
(Yeah, that’s part of MK, and it gets you on the Monorail, so win, win)
5. The TTA (‘cause you’s jus’ got’s get on that one

Epcot:
1. The WS (all of it… several spots in particular are true “Stacy’s”, bet we just love it out there),
2. Joy of Tea (Tipsy Duck’s is another “Stacy”)
3. Lunch-around-the-world (especially if it can be done on snack-credits)

3.5. Mission Space –Orange
(the Missus physically can’t do this one but I’m tossing it in as extra as it’s one of the few times I’ll leave her by herself to single ride an attraction)

4. Sorrin’ (yeah, the update spoiled it a mite, but I still enjoy getting on this one)
5. Test Tron (liked the old story line better)

Hollywood Studios:

0. Rock 'n Roller Coaster
(again, the Missus would really rather not do this one, and I‘ve been known to skip it for that reason. ain’t sure you can include something that you’d be good skipping, but it would otherwise be 1st)

1. Slinky Dog Dash
2. Smuggler’s Run (we’ll see what the new one does to that section of the park)
3. Toy Story Mania
4ish-5ish. Muppets/Star Tours/ Indi’
(we try to hit all of these every time, and I’ll miss ‘em if/when they leave)

The Tower is another one that the Missus can’t pull off and I won’t leave her sitting by herself just to ride it, so - while good - it can’t really make the list ‘cause I’ll skip it without a second thought.

But how many Canadians do you know who've done all 50? ;)
I'm pretty sure I'll get 'em all or come pretty close, eventually.
True, but then again I don't know too many Canadians (heck, too many humans) that enjoy driving like you do. For me, it's a means to get to the destination, not the vacation itself. :rotfl:

"I don't have to shovel rain." That's funny. I had a good chuckle over that, and you're right, you don't have to shovel rain
That was indeed funny.

As long as said rain doesn't mix with sufficient amount of dirt. Shoveling mud is still better than snow, though.

Real life update...
SpaceX is having a launch tomorrow at 12:51pm. According to weather predictions, it's a 90% for a go for launch. I'm planning on heading to KSC tomorrow and either watching from there or maybe going to Playalinda beach to watch. I've been told that's a good spot. The advantage to KSC would be if there's a delay, I just go wander around and view other things while I wait.

I am at a paltry 22. You can pretty much draw a square in the middle starting at New Mexico, Up to ND, go over to Missouri and Down to Georgia and back and I haven't visited all the states in the square. Except for the Pilgrimage to Soldier Field and Wrigley. And I haven't done that NW corner of WA, MT and ID.
You went up to ND???

I'm sorry for your loss.
If you visited... loss of time... loss of will to live...
True, but then again I don't know too many Canadians (heck, too many humans) that enjoy driving like you do. For me, it's a means to get to the destination, not the vacation itself. :rotfl:
True. :)
Well...I'm supposed to SAY I'm from Roswell. If I really told you where I was from men in black suits would soon be paying you a visit. :teeth:
:laughing:

That's cool. My family never did this and I wish we had. Wait, I lied somewhat. My uncle would take me and my older brother and do this with the parks around 4 corner area, NM, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado, but not my mom and dad. My dad worked 6 days a week at a business he owned and never took a vacation.

Wow, your dad was hardcore! The curse of owning a business, I guess.

There are a few in that square I probably won't be visiting again.

Anyway, let me know when you need to renovate the Delaware Lego store.

That one is oddly high up there for me, too. I like the scenery and people-watching from there. And the little tunnel through Space Mountain.

Me too, but it's still the best ride in Epcot.

Roswell.....hmmmm.

We might have an invader in our midst.

Me too, but like I tell the kids...do you want to see Yellowstone? Well, it's not close to anything, so you have to do the work to get there. It's always worth it.

I like the new Soarin' well enough (no... not as much as the old one), but only... ONLY! by insisting on center-top seating. I'm more than prepared to tell a CM that I'll wait, but I haven't had to yet. The first time I saw it was off to the side and it was horrible. Next time... no leaning buildings!
The animals are still crap, but the rest isn't too bad.

:lmao:

Depends on what you want, I think.
When I dive in the Seas, I pretty much ignore the fish and concentrate on making kids happy. Makes me smile everytime when a parent motions with their camera if they can shoot the kids with me.
I wonder how many albums I'm in! :laughing:

Soarin is ok in the center, but still not as good as the first one. Plus, I just don't want to have to wait again after waiting in the queue. Yeah, first world problems.

I've always wanted to do the Scuba thing. DW, probably not so much. Do you have to be Scuba certified to do the tour?

Heaven only knows what he did in the American Adventure :rolleyes1

Ia that the one with Jefferson talking to Mark Twain? No propaganda there. Now, the Hall of Presidents ..... :scared1:

Morning comrades, from another Sunny but Chilly London.

So, moving on the Friendship Boat over to MGM.

Attractions based on Overall Coolness.
1. Tower of Terror. Fantastic theming. I do love the Twilight Zone Stuff but also can't wait to try the Guardians one in DL.
2. Slinky Dog Dash. Especially at night.
3. Toy Story Mania.
4. Smugglers Run. Even as a non SW fan flying the Falcon is pretty cool.
5. Muppets 3D. Coz, you know. Muppets. And all the signs on the doors as you walk in the theatre.

We really don't have any must do's in DHS. We tend to skip round and then leave to eat around the Boardwalk.

Have a good day chaps, and rest up Darcy..

It's called Disney Hollywood Studios now. DHS

Morning, Dads! What a night last night with all the blowing wind and rain, which ultimately turned into snow this morning on my drive into work. Love watching it snow. Yesterday was another busy day working in the warehouse. Because we were closed Thursday and Friday, and spent all day Wednesday crating and shipping, we were way behind on receiving. So, I spent all day in the warehouse receiving. Well, have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

Dude, those don't sound good...hope you feel better.

So...I gather from this you've hit all but one state? That's cool. I've driven through a lot when I moved from New Mexico to Boston and loved that trip...would love to take my time and visit more states.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

:rotfl2: That's my problem, too: little motivation. For me, since I lost my job earlier this year, I find myself in a unique position where I feel I can change careers...all because I lost my job. Though, if I hadn't, I wouldn't be rockin' the boat at my old job. And I can't do Keto. I have lost weight and have gained some of my energy levels back, but it's because of all the moving I do at work and physical labor. And I'll take it.

The last time I was in shape was 24 years ago. I worked at UPS 3rd shift 20 hours a week while I was in college, had great health insurance, and a great exercise plan.

I don't mind watching it... it's the shoveling after that I'm not a huge fan of...

I have a Disney pin board.

We're doing a cruise from Vancouver up to Seward (one way). Then taking another week to drive and see the mainland (Anchorage, Denali, etc.). I messed up with the cruise, though. We chose the cheapest one, and it doesn't go into Glacier Bay. Still kicking myself for that. So we might actually find another way there at the end of the 2nd week.

The update of Soarin' really downgraded it, in my opinion. Terrible CGI, curvy buildings and much less of a sense of actually flying. We started calling it Hoverin'.

My mom and dad took us all over the country when we were kids, and I wanted to do the same with mine--so many national parks and other sights are well worth the effort to see them. Keeping track of the states we visited made for a simple goal that everyone could follow. There are a few states I don't need to visit again, though. :rolleyes1

Hawaii is pretty amazing, though. Worth the trip.

I'm way behind on this!

Hoping for no repeats. Reminds me of that episode of a-fib I had a couple of years ago. No idea where that came from, but it hasn't come back so far (knock on wood).

View attachment 456285

And my parents went to the same hotel in Fort Lauderdale on the beach every year on vacation. Now, we do Disney often, but have tried different beach locations. I'm not hung up on the same hotel, but of course Disney is a big magnet. We've done the Vero Beach Resort and a friend's place in Miramar beach, but that's because of dvc points. The things you get from your parents.

‘Morning all…
Work has kept me a bit more busy cleaning up for a holiday in the midst of closing.
Such is life…

And may whatever snuck up on Darcy, but nothing more than a false alarm.
(And may that false alarm be less painful on the wallet then the one I got caught up in this year.)

Top 5’s eh….
Hummmmmmm….
Well, as of now (knowing that all the construction will likely be changing these)

Magic Kingdom:
1. Big Thunder
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto
(Yeah, that’s part of MK, and it gets you on the Monorail, so win, win)

Epcot:
1. The WS (all of it… several spots in particular are true “Stacy’s”, bet we just love it out there),
2. Joy of Tea (Tipsy Duck’s is another “Stacy”)
3. Lunch-around-the-world (especially if it can be done on snack-credits)

3.5. Mission Space –Orange
(the Missus physically can’t do this one but I’m tossing it in as extra as it’s one of the few times I’ll leave her by herself to single ride an attraction)

4. Sorrin’ (yeah, the update spoiled it a mite, but I still enjoy getting on this one)

Hollywood Studios:

0. Rock 'n Roller Coaster
(again, the Missus would really rather not do this one, and I‘ve been known to skip it for that reason. ain’t sure you can include something that you’d be good skipping, but it would otherwise be 1st)

1. Slinky Dog Dash
2. Smuggler’s Run (we’ll see what the new one does to that section of the park)
3. Toy Story Mania
4ish-5ish. Muppets/Star Tours/ Indi’
(we try to hit all of these every time, and I’ll miss ‘em if/when they leave)

The Tower is another one that the Missus can’t pull off and I won’t leave her sitting by herself just to ride it, so - while good - it can’t really make the list ‘cause I’ll skip it without a second thought.

And Rob makes up his own rules and adds on a resort to the theme park.

Real life update...
SpaceX is having a launch tomorrow at 12:51pm. According to weather predictions, it's a 90% for a go for launch. I'm planning on heading to KSC tomorrow and either watching from there or maybe going to Playalinda beach to watch. I've been told that's a good spot. The advantage to KSC would be if there's a delay, I just go wander around and view other things while I wait.
Nice!
Might be just a tad envious. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter