DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And, my hot Stacy must dos at Disney Hollywood Studios.

I guess the first qualifier here is that we haven't been to WDW since Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land opened. So, this list may be revised next July.

The #1 must do has be the RNRC. It's a fast coaster that goes upside down. Then, you add the music of Aerosmith. That was one of my favorite concerts. One trip, before all the single rider rumors were out there, my youngest dd wanted to keep riding it. So, we did it as a family, and then dd and I just rode single rider over and over again. We would walk off the ride and back around in the line again, with hardly any wait time. She eventually asked me to stop because she was getting sick.

Star Tours is a must do, especially when you get the Vader episode. Our group has never managed to be the rebel spy, but we will keep trying.

Funny story about Tower of Terror. My wife is terrified of heights, but one year, wantes to go on ToT with us. We had the inside seat where there is a small metal handle. She squeezed the handle so hard that she broke her engagement ring band. When she took it in to get it fixed, the jeweler asked her if she was in a car accident.

Fantasmic has to be one of the best live shows. We did the Mama Melrose dining FastPass before to get the good seats. In thinking about Fantasmic, it reminded me of the Star Wars Fireworks, which also reminded me of the Hallowishes fireworks at MK. So, I may need to revise my MK list to include Hallowishes or gravediggers at the MNSSHP parade.

Other mentionables include the Brown Derby. It may be the best restaurant inside a theme park. We saw the Wiggles inside the Indiana Jones theater, but that wouldn't be a must do. Toy Story Mania is fun, but I just don't like the strings on the guns. I really enjoyed the Backlot Express stunt show, but it's no longer in existence.

Top 5
(1) RNRC
(2) Star Tours
(3) Tower of Terror
(4) Fantasmic
(5) Star Wars Fireworks

We would walk off the ride and back around in the line again, with hardly any wait time. She eventually asked me to stop because she was getting sick.
:laughing:
"Wanna go again!"
"Hang on... <barf!>… Yes!"
Funny story about Tower of Terror. My wife is terrified of heights, but one year, wantes to go on ToT with us. We had the inside seat where there is a small metal handle. She squeezed the handle so hard that she broke her engagement ring band.
Whoa. So... you're saying she was slightly scared...
Other mentionables include the Brown Derby. It may be the best restaurant inside a theme park.
Really! Pretty high praise!

So, Disney +
I don't have it yet but will soon I think (before the holidays anyway)
What do you use for your log in? Same email and password as MDE? Or different?

And my parents went to the same hotel in Fort Lauderdale on the beach every year on vacation. Now, we do Disney often, but have tried different beach locations. I'm not hung up on the same hotel, but of course Disney is a big magnet. We've done the Vero Beach Resort and a friend's place in Miramar beach, but that's because of dvc points. The things you get from your parents.

Yeah, we all have a lot of learned behaviors! I like the variety of going somewhere different every year...but I can't fault anyone for going back to Disney.

And Rob makes up his own rules and adds on a resort to the theme park.

:rotfl2: There's one in every crowd.

Funny story about Tower of Terror. My wife is terrified of heights, but one year, wantes to go on ToT with us. We had the inside seat where there is a small metal handle. She squeezed the handle so hard that she broke her engagement ring band. When she took it in to get it fixed, the jeweler asked her if she was in a car accident.

Wow. And I thought I hated that ride.

So, Disney +

Well, my login name and password are...

HEY! What are you trying to pull here?

You went up to ND???

I'm sorry for your loss.
No, that would be in the “londontime exclusion zone”, I was trying to draw an imaginary square of the middle of the US, which would include ND. Sorry, should have been clearer.

It's called Disney Hollywood Studios now. DHS
No wonder I haven’t been there in years.

My funny ToT story involves a very attractive young lady. About 10 years ago DW and I did an adults-only trip and on one of our rides on ToT I was sitting between DW and this young lady. As soon as she boarded she said I'm sorry if I grab you hand on this ride. As soon as the car started to move she grabbed on to my thigh and never let go until the ride ended.

Had to go with a 2nd post. My 3 month keto blood checkup has cholesterol from 181 to 139 and A1C from 6.2 to 5.0. So, eating steak, eggs, bacon, butter lowered my cholesterol. I'm convinced. It's the sugar (carbs) in the processed food.

So, Disney +

I used the same email but different password. But, that was because Disney made it a snow day and it was really early in the AM when I bought it.

:rotfl2: There's one in every crowd.

Well, to be fair, Dan started it. And, we just followed the Brits like usual.

My funny ToT story involves a very attractive young lady. About 10 years ago DW and I did an adults-only trip and on one of our rides on ToT I was sitting between DW and this young lady. As soon as she boarded she said I'm sorry if I grab you hand on this ride. As soon as the car started to move she grabbed on to my thigh and never let go until the ride ended.

Wasn't it Southwest James who posted something similar on FB, except it wasn't TOT, and it wasn't his thigh, but his..... :scared1: ..... joystick! :lmao:

So, Disney +
Different. I use the same email... cause... it's my email... :rolleyes: But I use a different password.

I used the same email, but a different password... Now that passward is my MDE password... BTW I have the unlimited plan with Verizon so I got a free 1 year subscription with them so I used a different email and password for that one.

So, Disney +
I would recommend against using the same password as anywhere else. I would advise that for anybody using a computer. One of the easiest ways for someone to steal your online information or financial records is if they hack one of your accounts, they will automatically try the same password for everything else. Using a different password for each is just a good idea no matter who you are.

Morning all from a bright and temperate mother country. I work on the 15th Storey so there are some beautiful views across the capital today.

A few conference calls today and then a cheeky beer or 2 with the Big Cheeses as they are all in London, apart from that, there is not a ton going on this side of the pond.

Onto the Animal Kingdom Top 5

1. Flight of Passage
2. Kilimanjaro Safari (in the evening)
3. Expedition Everest
4. Dinosaur
5. Kali

Must Do's -

We used to love the train to Rafikis Station
Tree of Life light up
Tam Tam Drummers
Festivak of the Lion King or Nemo

Morning folks...

Just over an hour left on the shift and then sleeeeeeep...

AK
1. FoP
2. EE
3. KS
4. Dino
5. um... nothing? Can I go on EE again?

Must do's
Tree of Life Awakenings. Pure magic.
8 Spoons shrimp mac n cheese.

Mornin', Dads! Man, yesterday at work was the complete opposite of Monday. Monday we were getting caught up from the long holiday weekend which meant we were straight out crazy with little time to slow down. Now yesterday? Extremely slow. Hopefully today will bring more work to help make the day go by. Well, everyone, have a good day and we'll chat later.

Wow, your dad was hardcore! The curse of owning a business, I guess.

Yeah, he was pretty hardcore. It comes from when his dad passed when he was in college leaving the family business to my grandmother. The guy who was asked to run it after granddad pass was stealing from the business, so dad quit school and went home to run the business. As a result he didn't trust anyone to run the business in his absence.

Well, my login name and password are...

HEY! What are you trying to pull here?
Dam! Almost had one! I was hoping one of you guys would fall for that!

Different. I use the same email... cause... it's my email... :rolleyes: But I use a different password.
See, here's where I was getting confused, because I have been reading different things.
I asked the same question in the Disney + thread (because I obviously don't trust you guys) 456523

According to the reply there, if you use the same email for Disney + but a different password, it automatically changes your password for MDE and any other Disney account (Shop Disney, Movie Rewards, etc.)
Assuming that's the case, part of me likes the convenience, but also not sure about the security.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-launches-november-12th.3744694/post-61310474
I used the same email but different password. But, that was because Disney made it a snow day and it was really early in the AM when I bought it.
Hmm...see above comment. Have you tried logging in to MDE since?

You can use your "universal" disney credentials or change password for Disney+
As above.
Just curious what people's experiences are.

I used the same email, but a different password... Now that passward is my MDE password...
Yeah, that's what it seems will happen if I use the same.

I would recommend against using the same password as anywhere else. I would advise that for anybody using a computer. One of the easiest ways for someone to steal your online information or financial records is if they hack one of your accounts, they will automatically try the same password for everything else. Using a different password for each is just a good idea no matter who you are.
Good idea. As I mentioned, at first I liked the idea of one user/password for everything Disney, but then I thought about security.
I will probably choose a different email/password combo for Disney +

My 3 month keto blood checkup has cholesterol from 181 to 139 and A1C from 6.2 to 5.0. So, eating steak, eggs, bacon, butter lowered my cholesterol. I'm convinced. It's the sugar (carbs) in the processed food.
That's great news.
So far my cholesterol has been OK. I actually had my annual blood work done again yesterday so we'll see how I'm doing after that.
I could do with losing a few pounds, just not sure I can make the move to keto. I love bread and pasta too much.

We used to love the train to Rafikis Station
That's back running now, I think?
And they have the new Animation Station there.

Morning all,

survived yesterday's storm, ended up being a few inches of ice pellets and freezing rain for us. Beautiful morning here so far.

Trying to get caught up from the weekend but otherwise it should be a quiet day.

My top 5 from AK

1. EE
2. FOTLK
3. KS
4. Flight of Passage
5. Kali

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter