DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

"...looked around and said "F it" and went back inside and binge watched The Mandalorian. Fell in love with baby Yoda."
Definitely considered it.
Believe me, it was not easy to drag myself back in the office after working from home for a week...possibly in pajama pants...and shaving, what's that?

Dated one, once.
Once is better than never...…467364 :sad:

Much better! Man, I haven't baked bread in over a decade. Need to do that again.
If you have the time, it's definitely better. I haven't done it myself in a year or so. DW bakes a few loaves every couple months.

Afternoon boys from Lego towers. RIP Terry Jones from Monty Python. A true comedy legend.
making the other one King of the DDCC!
I thought you lot had a bit of a skirmish about Kings and stuff? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Feels like a day ends in "y".
See? Thats right. You're fine to work. Back at em there, sunshine

Hey Dan....
That's funny, I haven't seen that before.
Dated one, once.
They are a special breed.

OK.....thanks......I think..........oh.....and why are you checking out my @$$??
Don't worry... He does that to all the guys.
Definitely considered it.
Believe me, it was not easy to drag myself back in the office after working from home for a week...possibly in pajama pants...and shaving, what's that?
Ladies and gentlemen... Grizzly Adams.
Once is better than never...…
:sad:
Thank you for that succinct (I said succinct... not sucking it) definition of marriage.
If you have the time, it's definitely better. I haven't done it myself in a year or so. DW bakes a few loaves every couple months.
Should get back to it...
Thanks. Now what year is it?
Afternoon boys from Lego towers. RIP Terry Jones from Monty Python. A true comedy legend.
That's right... shame on us for not mentioning this sooner.
Two gone now... :sad2:
See? Thats right. You're fine to work. Back at em there, sunshine
Got 3 hours of sleep this morning. Ready to go.
They are a special breed.
Exceptionally rare after marriage.

Afternoon Dads!
BTW, Wild Africa Trek booked. That was $805, but I'm excited. Kilimanjaro Safari may be my favorite ride at Disney World, and I get a 3 hour tour. Decided to skip restaurant ADRs since we've done so many, so each of us picked 1. 1900 Park Fare breakfast, Flying Fish, Via Napoli, and Kona are the only ones booked. I can't stand TS in MK, we have Landry's card for AK, eat & drink around the world at Epcot, so that only leaves DHS.
Nice you'll have to let us know how that is. Bourbon invite is always there, raise a glass whenever
I'm free! I'm free!

Morning gents. Well, I left the house this morning for the first time in a week. Things are nearly back to normal. Schools/university/public transit still closed until Monday since the roads still are not wide enough to be safe for kids and large buses. But everyone is allowed to go back to work and open offices/stores.
Streets driving to work were OK, a bit narrow in some places (like a 4 lane street is really 3 lanes) and there's massive snow banks on the side, but it's manageable if you are careful.
My street just has the one cut still, the city is slowly getting around to widen streets with the big blowers (pic below if you aren't familiar with it, except the banks are way higher now than in that picture). It's taking a long time because normally with less snow the plows can just push it around. Now there is nowhere to move it, so it has to be removed and trucked to a dumping site.
Supermarkets are getting shelves re-stocked. DW couldn't get bread the other day so she just came home and made a few loaves. It's better than store bought anyway.
Kids are thrilled about missing school . Until I reminded them that since they have missed a week of instruction, there is a good chance extra time will be tacked on at the end of the year, cutting into their summer break. Nobody said life was fair.

View attachment 467339
Good to hear and sorry that you have to go back to the real world

And, Thursday is done. Finally received my travel voucher, and 2 months of processing. Now, my last one is a month old without payment. Looks like it's time for more load management tomorrow.

Heard an interesting bit from Clay Travis on Fox Sport radio on the Astros cheating. Basically, he said he doesn't get surprised at anyone cheating as it is so pervasive in professional sports. He cited Lance Armstrong, called out Lebron James, Roger Federer and any athlete over age 33 who can perform the same or better as when they were younger. He speculated that there isn't even a way to test or know all the PEDs out there being used.

When in July?

Last two weeks. Boardwalk.

Cool. Looking forward to hearing about that one.

And I'm looking forward to telling everyone. This will only be my 2nd Disney tour. Behind the Seeds was terrific and a lot cheaper.

I'm free! I'm free!

Morning gents. Well, I left the house this morning for the first time in a week. Things are nearly back to normal. Schools/university/public transit still closed until Monday since the roads still are not wide enough to be safe for kids and large buses. But everyone is allowed to go back to work and open offices/stores.
Streets driving to work were OK, a bit narrow in some places (like a 4 lane street is really 3 lanes) and there's massive snow banks on the side, but it's manageable if you are careful.
My street just has the one cut still, the city is slowly getting around to widen streets with the big blowers (pic below if you aren't familiar with it, except the banks are way higher now than in that picture). It's taking a long time because normally with less snow the plows can just push it around. Now there is nowhere to move it, so it has to be removed and trucked to a dumping site.
Supermarkets are getting shelves re-stocked. DW couldn't get bread the other day so she just came home and made a few loaves. It's better than store bought anyway.
Kids are thrilled about missing school . Until I reminded them that since they have missed a week of instruction, there is a good chance extra time will be tacked on at the end of the year, cutting into their summer break. Nobody said life was fair.

View attachment 467339

Glad to hear your survived. I enjoy baking bread, but haven't done so with Keto as I can't eat it.

OK.....thanks......I think..........oh.....and why are you checking out my @$$??

Well, if you stick it out there..... :scared::eek::scared1:

Nice you'll have to let us know how that is. Bourbon invite is always there, raise a glass whenever

We may make a trip to Opry Mills Mall for Spring Break. If so, I'll see if we can coordinate some bourbon time.

Morning, gents.
After working 23 eight hour shifts so far this year, a rare day off.
Glad DW forgot to turn off her alarm so I was able to rise at 5:30am and get an early start on enjoying it.

:sad2:

I've done 32 twelve hour shifts in the last 38 days.

Is this a game?

Are we getting prizes?

(Needless to say I feel your pain. Hope it gets better for you. In my case, it's what I signed up for. But after Tuesday, I get another guaranteed week off, so I have that to look forward to.)

Glad DW forgot to turn off her alarm so I was able to rise at 5:30am and get an early start on enjoying it.
Been there. Done that. May have yelled about it.....

Morning, it's Friday and I'm ready to head into a one day weekend.
I think you're doing it wrong.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a daytime date with DW at the orthopedic yesterday :rotfl:DW has some arthritis disk stuff in her neck that needs physical therapy and I've been having hip discomfort / pain for several months now. My xray was ok so its not skeletal / hip replacement but I need a contrast MRI next Friday as he thinks its a hip labrum tear or some other kind of tear. Not a good way to start out the year. Ready to get to the weekend for sure - cheers!
Heard an interesting bit from Clay Travis on Fox Sport radio on the Astros cheating. Basically, he said he doesn't get surprised at anyone cheating as it is so pervasive in professional sports. He cited Lance Armstrong, called out Lebron James, Roger Federer and any athlete over age 33 who can perform the same or better as when they were younger. He speculated that there isn't even a way to test or know all the PEDs out there being used.
Don't doubt it as advances in training, etc can only go so far.
Last two weeks. Boardwalk.
Arrive at Boardwalk Thursday July 30
We may make a trip to Opry Mills Mall for Spring Break. If so, I'll see if we can coordinate some bourbon time.
Sounds like a plan as long as I'm not at DaWorld for Sean's Spring Break in March
Bummer, 1st week Music.
Bummer Second to last week June Copper Creek - miss ya by a week
Morning, gents.
Enjoy some down time

Is this a game?

Are we getting prizes?
Early extinction.
(Needless to say I feel your pain. Hope it gets better for you. In my case, it's what I signed up for. But after Tuesday, I get another guaranteed week off, so I have that to look forward to.)
Nice!
Been there. Done that. May have yelled about it.....
I didn't. I've done it myself a couple times.
Enjoy some down time
Not working... ahhhhh...
And, let me tell ya, it ain't just Jeff's city council that has one hell of a "snowblower". She does a pretty good job herself.
clap.gif

Happy Friday. Home from the office for some load management. Found Iron Man on Disney+, so I'll take a break from the Australian Open for a bit.

Morning, gents.

Ugh.

Ugh.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a daytime date with DW at the orthopedic yesterday :rotfl:DW has some arthritis disk stuff in her neck that needs physical therapy and I've been having hip discomfort / pain for several months now. My xray was ok so its not skeletal / hip replacement but I need a contrast MRI next Friday as he thinks its a hip labrum tear or some other kind of tear. Not a good way to start out the year. Ready to get to the weekend for sure - cheers!

Don't doubt it as advances in training, etc can only go so far.

Arrive at Boardwalk Thursday July 30

Sounds like a plan as long as I'm not at DaWorld for Sean's Spring Break in March

Bummer Second to last week June Copper Creek - miss ya by a week

Enjoy some down time

Good luck with the medical procedures for both of you. Maybe you hit your deductible early for the rest of the year.

We leave July 31, so maybe we can meet up. Our Spring Break is last week of March/ first week of April.

Might be in the Poly week 1 August

I'm in New York in August as well, and the first week of December.

You will miss me by a day.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in the Nomad lounge after a few Tempting Tigresses gets to take Elsa home. And, let me tell ya, it ain't just Jeff's city council that has one hell of a "snowblower". She does a pretty good job herself.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Bravo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter