DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Has anyone been to Milwaukee?

I only drove through on the way to Green Bay. Too bad Barry (@FreezinRafiki) isn't still hanging around here. He lives in that area.

Im looking forward to moving .. but not this part, this part sucks

Packing and moving both suck. I can't decide which is worse.

We've had a bit of a touch on the vacation front, both the Dodgers and the Angels are playing at home when we are in LA, as are the Lakers and the Clippers (whom I've never seen), so it looks like a couple of sports nights may be on the menu, which is not too shabby.

Nice. Seems like whenever I travel the local teams are out of town. Not sure if that's coincidence, or...?

@#U@)#& Brexit!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm working night shifts the next 2 weeks and I am having a harder time adjusting to sleeping in the daytime than I did the last go around. Not sure why, nothing in particular has changed since the last time. I'm a few weeks older. Maybe that's what it is. Old age.

Hang in there, Jeff!

My oldest was just amazed how they kept walking food up and down the stadium stairs.

Why don't they do that at home?

Missed yapping in here this weekend but looks like it was slow around here. We are back to several inches of rain & more flooding this week. I know it's kinda boring but in the last 7 days went from highs in Mid 60's to rain / tornadoes / flooding to snow accumulation back to 60 yesterday and now major rain all week. Have a good week gents!
Hey guys, just popping in to say hello.
I've been a bit scarce lately.
I went back to work this past Wednesday for another 2 weeks. (No, I sadly did not win the lottery while I was off for a week)
Not much new to report on my end. Other than a few small chores around the house, I spent most of my week off doing pretty much nothing, which was something in itself.
I'm working night shifts the next 2 weeks and I am having a harder time adjusting to sleeping in the daytime than I did the last go around. Not sure why, nothing in particular has changed since the last time. I'm a few weeks older. Maybe that's what it is. Old age.
Hope all is OK around here. I had a quick scan over the 4 pages I missed.
Seems there was a bourbon emergency. How'd that happen?
All the best to those who were not feeling well, or feeling sleepy.
And best of luck to those who need it.
Worried about your "2 more weeks" reference in here. What are you doing after 2 more weeks? Hopefully good news in going back to days?
Well packing is going well! I took DS2 to visit my family almost all Saturday, then we came back on sunday for my dads birthday. In between we packed up most of our stuff, and I moved things to the garage to make it easier on my family who is helping me take most of the boxes and oddly shaped non-box things. Looking forward to more packing tonight and the rest of the week -_-

DW and I are almost done watching His Dark Materials and are moving on to The Witcher next so we are excited about that , too
All the best with the move. I know that can be a PITA but sounds like you guys are excited for the change.

And it's another Monday.

Rainy Monday AM and the rest of the week is looking pretty wet. Thankfully we are high enough to avoid the flooding but it could shut down the schools again. Folks closer to the Tennessee boder are dealing with historic flooding so it will be a rough week in Appalachia.

Same here. Cold and rainy is no good.

Packing and moving both suck. I can't decide which is

Why don't they do that at home?

Moving is definitely worse as it involves effort. I can sit, pack, and drink a beer. It's more difficult to carry a box while sitting and drinking a beer.

Missed yapping in here this weekend but looks like it was slow around here. We are back to several inches of rain & more flooding this week. I know it's kinda boring but in the last 7 days went from highs in Mid 60's to rain / tornadoes / flooding to snow accumulation back to 60 yesterday and now major rain all week. Have a good week gents!

Yes, the weather has everyone sick up here as well.

Afternoon, folks.
Anyone else watch the Oscars? A few highlights (Steve Martin & Chris Rock). Eminem. Etc...
Lots of low-lights. "I'd like to thank <pulls out encyclopedia sized notebook>…"

I hate packing more than moving. Packing always feels like your getting nowhere and there's not enough time.

Packing is when you discover that you've accumulated mountains of crap you don't need, but you can't convince anyone else to throw it out.

Moving is definitely worse as it involves effort. I can sit, pack, and drink a beer. It's more difficult to carry a box while sitting and drinking a beer.

You make a compelling case.

Anyone else watch the Oscars? A few highlights (Steve Martin & Chris Rock). Eminem. Etc...
Lots of low-lights. "I'd like to thank <pulls out encyclopedia sized notebook>…"

Nah. I figured out long ago that the movies that there is very little overlap between the movies that win Oscars and the movies I enjoy watching. So I didn't need to sit for 4 hours to find out that the one movie I saw on the list didn't win anything.

What are you doing after 2 more weeks? Hopefully good news in going back to days?
Back to day shift yes. Two weeks day shift, week off, two weeks night shift, week off, lather rinse repeat. Or until retirement which is no time soon.

Anyone else watch the Oscars?
Nope. I was working night shift for one. But honestly I knew none of the nominated movies and I don’t like the no host thing.

Morning All,

Had a bit of snow and rain yesterday, suppose to get some more today. No major amounts accumulating just makes driving a PITA. Not the flooding that some of you guys are dealing with though, hoping for all the best for you guys.

Have a great Tuesday!

Morning boys.

Nah. I figured out long ago that the movies that there is very little overlap between the movies that win Oscars and the movies I enjoy watching. So I didn't need to sit for 4 hours to find out that the one movie I saw on the list didn't win anything.
Haven’t seen many, but there’s a few I’d like to see. 1917 comes to mind. Ford vs Ferrari is high on my list. Jojo Rabbit looks interesting, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is another. Enjoyed Joker and The Irishman.
Nope. I was working night shift for one. But honestly I knew none of the nominated movies and I don’t like the no host thing.
Don’t care for the no host either but... no host is better than James Franco or Seth MacFarlane. And Letterman could’ve been good but bombed.
But I’d love to see Steve Martin come back. Or Billy Crystal.
But the best are gone. Hope and Carson.

Packing is when you discover that you've accumulated mountains of crap you don't need, but you can't convince anyone else to throw it out.
Yep, got a nice donation pile going already. We tend to get rid of even more during the unpacking phase, that's when you really find the crap you didn't need.

Well gang it's snowing nicely today, and i've got a great view out the window. I'm curled up at work with a blanket staying warm. New psych meds are still going good, packing is going good, and I have therapy to unwind tonight. Now for the crazy stuff:

Pretty much everyone at my job just got their role changed. Within the next couple months i'll have to transition and it's going to be a big shift in my responsibilities. I'm nervous but excited, especially since I'm hoping this is going to come with a nice $$ increase. We find that out this week. Wish me luck!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nothing significant or new around these parts. Looking forward to DS coming home this weekend as he normally comes home 1 out of 4 weeks but it's been 6 weeks so a bit over due from Dad's point of view.
Back to day shift yes. Two weeks day shift, week off, two weeks night shift, week off, lather rinse repeat. Or until retirement which is no time soon.
Man that seems tough. I can kinda relate as DD being a nurse never works anything close to regular. Hope you get a routine going as best you can for and the family.

Pretty much everyone at my job just got their role changed. Within the next couple months i'll have to transition and it's going to be a big shift in my responsibilities. I'm nervous but excited, especially since I'm hoping this is going to come with a nice $$ increase. We find that out this week. Wish me luck!

Good Luck!

So no pay raise -_- since everyone's jobs are being 'remapped' we won't see that, which is unfortunate. This month is going to be nuts for me. I'm moving this week, going to Disney at the end of the month, and coming back to a new job. Why can't life just be easy??
Sorry to hear that

If life were easy, everyone would do it.

Happy Tuesday. DW's car acting up today. On Star sent a message as well. So, I'm chauffeuring DW this week now, which is sure to be a pleasant experience.

Never cared for those awards shows telling me what they think is good.

Well, there's always the lottery. It's my New Year's Resolution- to win the lottery. That way, I get to keep it all year since there is no chance of winning.

Yep, got a nice donation pile going already. We tend to get rid of even more during the unpacking phase, that's when you really find the crap you didn't need.

And you save all the crap for years, thinking you need it one day. Only to eventually through all of it away.

So no pay raise -_- since everyone's jobs are being 'remapped' we won't see that, which is unfortunate. This month is going to be nuts for me. I'm moving this week, going to Disney at the end of the month, and coming back to a new job. Why can't life just be easy??

Pay raise? What's that? And everyone talks about how great the economy is, but if it means I don't make more money, and the prices of everything increases around me, then just how good is it?

Best wishes on the move and enjoy Disney. As Meatlof said..."2 out of 3 ain't bad"

Happy Tuesday. DW's car acting up today. On Star sent a message as well. So, I'm chauffeuring DW this week now, which is sure to be a pleasant experience.

Ouch. If you were an old geezer you could fake deafness on the trips. Maybe a week to be sick and just let her take the car.

Sorry about the raise thing but hey moving out of inlaws and a Disney trip ain't all that bad

Hey, Gents! How have things been? I see it's been slow this week. Let's see, what's been going on in my world....well, there's a guy at work who was recalled to active duty over a year ago who came back. Because work is legally obligated to give him his job back, or a job, they put him in my dept. Because he's back, and now in my dept., I don't think they're going to need me at the end of the month, so I may be out of job. Now, I don't know this for certain, but I'm getting a feeling. At least my boss at work is going to pay for my forklift training before I go so I'll have another skill set to present on my resume, he did say that to me, so...very cool of him. I've been applying to jobs left and right and can't get anyone to call me in for an interview....I've even pulled in a favor and had a friend, who works in an HR dept. of a Boston Hospital, to hand deliver my resume to someone in her dept., and I still haven't heard anything. Our insurance through the state got all screwed up, so I had to fix that, and while I paid my insurance on the due date, it registered as the next day, in other words: Late. As a result of being late, they said I let our insurance lapse so now we have no insurance for this month (I got it fixed for next month, and am fighting to get it reinstated for Feb.), and my wife's going into surgery next week! Great! And to top it off, while playing with my daughter last night and managed to hurt her. Daddy of the Year award for me. I'm going to lose it. At least the VA approved my claim for tinnitus and I'm getting reimbursed for that...didn't get my hearing loss claim approved, but I got something. Sorry to vent, gents, but I just had to get it out of my system. Maybe the Chippendales has a D group called the Chunkendales I can apply to. "Look out ladies! Here comes the Stud Muffin of Cape Cod" :rotfl2:🍻

Thanks. She had a top 3 in her final heat. It wasn't the last heat, so it's not good enough to get State Championship meet. Still, it's nice to know you showed on your last meet.

Sorry she didn't get to state, but at least she showed on her last meet! That's something.

Stay safe, and dry, my friend. It's been weird weather here in New England this year. Where we normally have temps in the 30's and below, we have temps in the 40's and almost 50's. Weird weather. Hate to see what summer brings.

Good luck with the transition and new responsibilities. Hope all works out for you.

Good luck with the chauffeur job.

Last edited:
Hey, Gents! How have things been? I see it's been slow this week. Let's see, what's been going on in my world....well, there's a guy at work who was recalled to active duty over a year ago who came back. Because work is legally obligated to give him his job back, or a job, they put him in my dept. Because he's back I don't think they're going to need me at the end of the month, so I may be out of job. Now, I don't know this for certain, but I'm getting a feeling. I've been applying jobs left and right and can't get anyone to call me in for an interview....I've even pulled in a favor and had a friend, who works in an HR dept. of a Boston Hospital, to hand deliver my resume to someone in her dept., and I still haven't heard anything. Our insurance through the state got all screwed up, so I had to fix that, and while I paid my insurance on the due date, it registered as the next day, in other words: Late. As a result of being late, they kicked us the insurance and my wife's going into surgery next week! And to top it off, while playing with my daughter last night and managed to hurt her. Daddy of the Year award for me. I'm going to lose it. At least the VA approved my claim for tinnitus and I'm getting reimbursed for that...didn't get my hearing loss claim approved, but I got something. Sorry to vent, gents, but I just had to get it out of my system. Maybe the Chippendales has a D group called the Chunkendales I can apply to. :rotfl2:🍻

praying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!