DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Beverley.......Beverley.....Beverley!!

Streets are being plowed by management in the lovely city but apparently the training didn't include how to turn on the salt/sand hopper. Everything has a nice smooth layer of ice/snow. If fact it is so nice it prevented me from stopping in time this morning to avoid hitting a car stopped in the other lane waiting to make a left turn. Could have been completely avoided if a woman hadn't decided to BACK out on to the street right in front of me.

Luckily I have accident forgiveness so it won't cause my rates to go up but it technically it's my fault, at least partly. The office who did the report did give the women a warning for failing to yield to oncoming traffic so he thought that and the plow drivers being on strike may get the insurance company to go after her to pay for the damages.

Happy valentine's everyone!!

You ok?

Happy Friday and don't forget it's VD.
No it's not. The Dr. checked and apparently I'm just getting old.
Just put on some pants. That's all we ask.
That's not required either, actually. There was a guy here who just retired about a month ago. He never once wore pants to work. Shorts and sandals every day... including when it was -35 out.
It sure sounds like it! Hope you get some rest!
Got some...
Streets are being plowed by management in the lovely city but apparently the training didn't include how to turn on the salt/sand hopper. Everything has a nice smooth layer of ice/snow. If fact it is so nice it prevented me from stopping in time this morning to avoid hitting a car stopped in the other lane waiting to make a left turn. Could have been completely avoided if a woman hadn't decided to BACK out on to the street right in front of me.
Oh, man. That sucks. Glad you're okay and nice about the accident forgiveness.
A snowmobile would be cool. I've not tried one of those but sure am willing.
Will say... They are fun. :)
Remember, don't answer the phone when they call you in.
Deal!

Afternoon, Gents! Another beautiful day in paradise! Well, we made it to Friday, and for some of us (I won't say all) will have a three day weekend. I'm going to spend it cleaning and preparing for my wife's surgery. She'll be laid up for a couple of weeks, so I want to make sure the house is as close to spotless as it can get.

Glad you are feeling better! It's been gray and rainy over Pittsburgh too, but that's standard for us. I'm starting to forget what the sun looks like

Thanks, man. I have a very high tolerance when it comes to stress, so it usually doesn't bother me, I'm also very good at hiding it when it does get to me, but there times when it boils over and I can't hide it. Lately it was getting to the boiling point. How many days do you get cloudy days?

Nah. We build for these temps. Pipes freezing is a rarity.

We don't build like that here, so we have to run the water when it gets too cold.

If you bother to read back a few 100 pages, but who would want to do that, you'll find that 007 sent me a pair of rhinestone encrusted budgie smugglers. Not only do I win, but everyone else loses, badly.

Rhinestone encrusted? Yeah, that certainly puts you at the top of the game. AirGoofy for the win!

I was having a good day up till just now.

:rotfl2:

Beverley.......Beverley.....Beverley!!

Luckily I have accident forgiveness so it won't cause my rates to go up but it technically it's my fault, at least partly. The office who did the report did give the women a warning for failing to yield to oncoming traffic so he thought that and the plow drivers being on strike may get the insurance company to go after her to pay for the damages.

Happy valentine's everyone!!

Sorry to hear about the accident, man. Glad you're ok. And they should have been spreading salt on the roads.

I'm going to spend it cleaning and preparing for my wife's surgery. She'll be laid up for a couple of weeks, so I want to make sure the house is as close to spotless as it can get.
That's very good of you.

:thumbsup2
I have a very high tolerance when it comes to stress, so it usually doesn't bother me, I'm also very good at hiding it when it does get to me, but there times when it boils over and I can't hide it. Lately it was getting to the boiling point.
This is me and this past week or so. Hope the pot's down to a simmer at least for you.

So is this the thread where I am supposed to join the circle and say:
"Hi.. my name is MarkLT1, and I'm a DisDad.." And then everyone else says "Hi MarkLT1",
and then I go on to confess things such as:
"I get way too much enjoyment out of kicking my kids butts on Buzz Lightyear, and force them to call me 'Galactic Hero' for the rest of the day at MK while I proudly wear my button."?

Sounds like DW needs to take care of you this weekend. Milk it for all its worth :rolleyes: :rotfl:

I have a board meeting tomorrow but it is a three day weekend so I might get 2 days of care. LOL

Sorry to hear about the accident, man. Glad you're ok. And they should have been spreading salt on the roads.

With the plow being operated by managers during the lockout I don't think their training included how to run the salt/sand hopper.

"Hi.. my name is MarkLT1, and I'm a DisDad.." And then everyone else says "Hi MarkLT1",
"I get way too much enjoyment out of kicking my kids butts on Buzz Lightyear, and force them to call me 'Galactic Hero' for the rest of the day at MK while I proudly wear my button."?

Sounds about right.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB MarkLT1! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #869!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Good Morning Guys, I am asking for a bit of prayer today for my oldest Granddaughter, Kelsey. She is stepping out of her comfort zone and auditioning for the Voice today. She’s got the talent, she just needs the confidence. Thank you.

Afternoon Dads! Enjoying the boy being home for a couple of days. Had him help me for about 30 minutes today around the house to get things done quick. Nice steak dinner out tonight and then he heads back tomorrow.
@Cinderella's Fella the best of luck to your granddaughter!

Hey, Gents! Another beautiful day here in paradise, cold, but beautiful. Not sure what the temp is right now, but it was 16 degrees this morning when we left the house for breakfast. Spent some time cleaning today, still not done, but we're getting there.

That's very good of you.

:thumbsup2

I try, I don't always succeed, but I try.

This is me and this past week or so. Hope the pot's down to a simmer at least for you.

Once I got the insurance taken care of the pot simmered down greatly.

Pretty much. Welcome to the club.

With the plow being operated by managers during the lockout I don't think their training included how to run the salt/sand hopper.

I guess that was too much information for the managers to handle.:rotfl2:

Good Morning Guys, I am asking for a bit of prayer today for my oldest Granddaughter, Kelsey. She is stepping out of her comfort zone and auditioning for the Voice today. She’s got the talent, she just needs the confidence. Thank you.

Will do! Hope she does well.

Happy Saturday. Enjoyed EPL Southhamtpon vs Burnley on TV this AM and played pickleball this afternoon. I'm done for the rest of the day. The sun is out, but it is still cold.

Sounds like DW needs to take care of you this weekend. Milk it for all its worth :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Make sure you walk with a limp. :lmao:

I'm fine, banged my knees but that's it.

See Mike's post. Walk with a limp.

Afternoon, Gents! Another beautiful day in paradise! Well, we made it to Friday, and for some of us (I won't say all) will have a three day weekend. I'm going to spend it cleaning and preparing for my wife's surgery. She'll be laid up for a couple of weeks, so I want to make sure the house is as close to spotless as it can get.

My DW had that surgery last year. It took her longer to recover than anticipated. Prayers for your wife and your family.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bourbon, beer, or bacon. You mail 869 portions to me and I mail them to all the guys. This is a fool proof plan - trust me

As for the Galactic Hero, who says you have to let your kids win? They need to earn in.

Saw that on FB earlier. Hope she was wearing DisDad memorabilia to her tv audition.

Hi MarkLT1!
That just means you fit in.
If they want to win... they have to earn it.
Well, I'd wish her good luck, but...
Spent some time cleaning today, still not done, but we're getting there.
Did that too today. Finally done.
Once I got the insurance taken care of the pot simmered down greatly.
I bet!
The sun is out, but it is still cold.
Hah! Not here. It warmed up 12 degrees today to 3F. Nice and sunny, too.
Thank you Guys, she went, she sang, but no call back.
Too bad. But... I imagine they have 1,000s of applicants and maybe... what? a couple dozen who make it on TV and of course less who even make it past that round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!