DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! I think I see a nap in my future. A day of not much for me and looking forward to it. Darcy hope the knees are doing ok and Randall sorry to hear about the results but hey she took a shot and that’s important. Have a good Sunday gents.

The weekend has begun!!

Friday's Costco date was postponed so we have that on tap for this morning and that's about it. This afternoon will be probably like Mike's - a nap, Daytona 500, football, basketball, a nap. Good times!

Have a great Sunday all.

Top O the Mornin Dads! I think I see a nap in my future. A day of not much for me and looking forward to it. Darcy hope the knees are doing ok and Randall sorry to hear about the results but hey she took a shot and that’s important. Have a good Sunday gents.

All good, thanks Mike.

Morning folks.

Been meaning to try a certain restaurant in DTD (or Disney Springs if you prefer... I don't) for years. And lo and behold, it came to Winnipeg! First Earl of Sandwich in Canada.
Had the Holiday Turkey sandwich.

Wow, was that good.

Daytona 500
Oh! Didn't know that was today (Don't really follow it. More of an Indycar fan), but will take a gander.
The DW and I made an offer on a 50 pt BWV contract.
It's enough points for a 3 or 4 day studio stay each fall during food & wine for 2 ppl.
So... how do you do that? Where are the contracts that you can bid on to be found?

Checking is, as to not lose my status on the boards.
It's enough points for a 3 or 4 day studio stay each fall during food & wine for 2 ppl.
We're pretty excited, even if the first time we use the points won't be until January 2022.

Congratulations and Good Luck, boB!

Happy Sunday. Worked this morning and Church tonite. Nothing else exciting.

Thank you Guys, she went, she sang, but no call back. 😢 But tomorrow the sun will shine... somewhere...

Good job to her for trying.

Don't overstretch from that nap and hurt yourself.

We're pretty excited, even if the first time we use the points won't be until January 2022.

Congrats again on this internet site.

Morning folks.

Been meaning to try a certain restaurant in DTD (or Disney Springs if you prefer... I don't) for years. And lo and behold, it came to Winnipeg! First Earl of Sandwich in Canada.
Had the Holiday Turkey sandwich.

Earl of Sandwich was good at WDW. Then, the size of their sandwich got smaller. Then, the amount of meat/ toppings was reduced. We stopped going there. Glad to hear the one is good up there.

Morning, Gents! Well, it's Monday and I have the day off. Weekend was spent cleaning, somewhat, well, kind of. I did actually, though not as much as I wanted. I'm going to spend most of today cleaning and organizing. I've been wanting to get to my office for some time now, and will hopefully get most of that done today.

My DW had that surgery last year. It took her longer to recover than anticipated. Prayers for your wife and your family.

Thanks for the prayers. I hope there's no problems with my DW's surgery, and certainly hope for a speedy recovery.

Thank you Guys, she went, she sang, but no call back. 😢 But tomorrow the sun will shine... somewhere...

Sorry to hear she didn't get a call back, but take it from someone who's done plenty of auditions: There will be other auditions and opportunities.

Did that too today. Finally done.

Still working on mine, but it will get done.

I, well, we, being my DW and I, feel a ton better. Having that weight lifted off our shoulders feels great!

Question, and I ask because I'm ignorant of the process, and anyone can answer this, but are you renting? How does that work? I've looked into it but know nothing else about it. The whole process scares me a bit. To rent points from someone who can just pull them back whenever they want makes me Leary of trying it.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a pretty good weekend doin the bday celebrating thing. Was good to see DS as I think this may have been the longest stretch of him not being home in some time. Came into the office with a nice bottle of Eagle Rare on the desk and some cards from the team this morning. Think I'm gonna blow out early and go enjoy one of our regulars, Bonefish Grill as we like to sit at the bar for a couple of cocktails and some food.

Under 20 days now for me and DS SW focused trip. Did any of you guys see that the shop Doc-Ondar's in GE had a 2.5 hour wait, to get into a store? Also have you guys seen the demolition and re-routing of paths at EPCOT Future World?
Happy Monday all.....Happy Birthday @budamacdvcr

Darcy - hope the knees are feeling alright.

Welcome to the new member!

Have a great week guys!
Thanks guys - appreciate it. I'll check in with my first beverage tonight :-)

Question, and I ask because I'm ignorant of the process, and anyone can answer this, but are you renting? How does that work? I've looked into it but know nothing else about it. The whole process scares me a bit. To rent points from someone who can just pull them back whenever they want makes me Leary of trying it.

We've been on the flip side of this transaction (my parents are DVC members, and they typically sell points to fund DCL cruises, as it is a much better bang-for-the-buck). We always do it through a service. The service handles contracts, guaranteeing the points, etc. While they take a pretty good chunk (we don't get as much as if we rented out the points on our own, and I'm sure the people buying the points are paying more than if we rented to them direct), they have a structure in place to make it safer for both parties. IMHO, unless you know and trust the person you're renting points from, I'd go with one of those services.

In other news, Mickey-butt (see my avatar) is one sick pupper today. He wants to lay by me on the couch, but as per Mrs. LT1's rules, he is not allowed.. But those GSP eyes.. Do I stay strong and enforce the rules? Or make sure he's off the couch before Mrs LT1 comes home? :confused:

Update 1: we are now in a stalemate where his back feet are on the floor, and his front feet/chest are laying on the couch.
Update 2: One of the two rear feet have slowly worked their way up on to the couch over the last hour.
Update 3: Fourth foot has now landed.. on the couch. His head is on my lap, he is snoring. I need to pee. No good can come of this.
Update 4: I have now resigned myself to this tragic fate. If anyone can please send help, it would be appreciated.
Final Update: This situation was resolved in a most unexpected way. Mickey-Butt let loose a (very impressive) room clearing gust of wind, waking himself up in the process. Upon sensing his transgression, he quickly hopped off of the couch, and ran into another room. Unfortunately, due to said crop dusting, I am no longer able to remain on the couch, and have had to move to the home office. Also, I used the bathroom. Feeling is just starting to return to my right leg from where his head was resting. There is a reason we call him "the heavy-head dog." The Monday afternoon crisis has been averted.

Last edited:
In our case, I was looking at The Timeshare Store (www.dvcresale.net) and found a contract on the site that worked for us.
Contacted them, and 4 hrs later made an offer.
Thanks. I’ll take a look.
Earl of Sandwich was good at WDW. Then, the size of their sandwich got smaller. Then, the amount of meat/ toppings was reduced. We stopped going there. Glad to hear the one is good up there.
I have nothing to compare to. Just know I enjoyed it.
Cool!
If they have any expansion plans I expect it will take quite a while to make it to the east coast
I only ate there once (in DTD) about 5 years ago, but I thought it was good.
I was very (pleasantly) surprised to hear they opened here.
Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a pretty good weekend doin the bday celebrating thing.
Happy birthday!
Did any of you guys see that the shop Doc-Ondar's in GE had a 2.5 hour wait, to get into a store?
:sad2:
Also have you guys seen the demolition and re-routing of paths at EPCOT Future World?
Yep. Hope it’s worth it.
Well guys the move is complete! We are still unpacking but it's amazing being back out on our own. Feeling good today
Good! :)
In other news, Mickey-butt (see my avatar) is one sick pupper today.
Sorry to hear. We had to take ours to emerg yesterday.
The rest of your tale (or tail) is... :lmao:

Survived another Monday. More usual burning stuff today.

We own DVC at Boardwalk. I have rented my points, but have never rented points from someone else. I rented points to Carl, one of the Disdads. We talked, messaged over Facebook, I booked it for him, and he sent me a check. Some people use an agency. Some people have contracts drawn up. Still, it is all about enforcement, which is not possible.

As a renter, you are at the mercy of the dvc owner. The owner has to book your reservation and send you confirmation # to load into your MDE. The owner can cancel your reservation at anytime. If you go thru an agency, some require deposits from one or both parties. If the owner cancels the reservation, then the renter gets their deposit back but has no reservation against the owner. If the renter backs out, the owner keeps their points. However, depending on banking window or within 30 days, the points may not be able to be used by the owner, so the could lose them. Sure, you could file a lawsuit, but it's small claims and where does the grieved party file the case or have the other served?

I would rent again to a Disdad, one I know it have met. I wouldn't go thru an agency. But, I rarely have points to rent, so it's only been an option one time.

I bought my dvc contract to stay at the Boardwalk at least once a year thru 2042. I've been able to try most of the other dvc resorts and make two trips a year sometimes.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a pretty good weekend doin the bday celebrating thing. Was good to see DS as I think this may have been the longest stretch of him not being home in some time. Came into the office with a nice bottle of Eagle Rare on the desk and some cards from the team this morning. Think I'm gonna blow out early and go enjoy one of our regulars, Bonefish Grill as we like to sit at the bar for a couple of cocktails and some food.

Under 20 days now for me and DS SW focused trip. Did any of you guys see that the shop Doc-Ondar's in GE had a 2.5 hour wait, to get into a store? Also have you guys seen the demolition and re-routing of paths at EPCOT Future World?

I'm hoping those wait times will decrease by July.

Well guys the move is complete! We are still unpacking but it's amazing being back out on our own. Feeling good today

Congratulations. I'm sure it feels good. Last year, I realized that I had lived longer with my wife than with my parents. It's still an accomplishment.

Sorry to hear. We had to take ours to emerg yesterday.

😕 Oof.. what happened? We live on a few acres, and yesterday, our two pups (Mickey-Butt, the GSP, and "Small Dog" the Brittany) found a dead raccoon carcass, and thought it would be great fun to roll in it, play with it, and have a tasty snack (of course I was in charge of bathing both dogs yesterday evening.. fun times!). The Brittany has a stomach of iron, and never gets sick. Our GSP on the other hand ended up with the runs pretty bad. He is already doing a lot better this evening. It'll be off to the vet in the next few weeks to get them checked for worms/parasites.. I can hear the vet's registers warming up for our credit card as I type this!

We rented three times before buying, but always from friends that we knew we could trust. There is a lot of trust involved, at least for person-to-person rentals. (I'm not really familiar with how brokered rentals work.) I know there have been a bunch of scams involving person-to-person rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!