DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hard one for me. I can go over and not do anything but people watch and that's okay, so mine's more a if I'm going over, the priority of things I want to do

Buzz Light Year
Watch kids experiencing it for the first time -- love the expressions and exclamations
WEDway
Watch kids experiencing it for the first time -- love the expressions and exclamations
Dole Whip
Brisket Poutine
Caramel Apple at Karmel Kuche

Also liked the chief's list...just taking it in and enjoying.

Breathe Deep
Smell
Smile
Laugh
Hug
Love
Not to self. Maintain social distancing from Randall... even if that's been lifted.

More information. Resorts are opening before the parks. Pools are already opening in Florida. New ticket sales have stopped, and current ticket holders and guests are to be contacted. It looks like you have to reserve your park time. Not sure what that means or which how that will work with APs or hopping.
Gotta "do" her, huh?
Nice. The Nike one si normally pretty good, whereas sometimes the phones can rely on steps.
I was hoping you'd say that. :)
Day 1 of the arcade build, it should be ready for spraying for the weekend.
Looking good, Dan

I just go with whatever won't offend anyone. You are of a certain skin colour and the correct term is African American? Okay. But what if you're not American?
I dunno, but up here, I just say "Canadian" for the most part and if pressed about skin colour (Who does that???) might say "dark skin".
EXACTLY my point. You may not be from Africa (nor your relatives). You may not be American. So, just because your skin is a darker shade, that does NOT mean that's the correct term and the whole PC thing is a bunch of rubbish (another for you Dan). I'm just American...no idiotic reference to where people THINK I might have originated from.

More discussion about possible school options in the fall for the kids and it must have been proposed by someone who wants it to fail. Only one child per seat on the bus and skip every other seat is how the discussion started and that isn't going to work. We have kids here that are on the bus for an hour before they get to school and have a full bus. The directives from on high are almost as senseless...my office is to be sanitized daily but I am the only one in it. Maybe don't send more people in to sanitize it and I will have less potential exposure to anything.

The gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room...:teacher:

we all must be of about the same vintage.

Last edited:
Top WDW list for today is .............. Top 5 Must Do's During a trip (can do a top 10 if you are eager)

Trader Sam's
The Monorail
Big Thunder
Dole Whip
Haunted Mansion
Trader Sam's
The TTA
Travel the WS (with a stop for Tipsy Ducks)
Jungle Cruse
Trader Sam's

Well, I think you have quite a bit of human value.
Well thanks.

I've been told otherwise more times then I can count.
That doesn't just go away.

See any wildlife?
Not even a fire ant...

I'll count that as a good thing.

You know... I gotta say, I'm really enjoying seeing the various answers to "must do's in Disney".
Just shows there's something for everyone. My must do isn't the same as yours which is different from his.

More discussion about possible school options in the fall for the kids and it must have been proposed by someone who wants it to fail. Only one child per seat on the bus and skip every other seat is how the discussion started and that isn't going to work. We have kids here that are on the bus for an hour before they get to school and have a full bus. The directives from on high are almost as senseless...my office is to be sanitized daily but I am the only one in it. Maybe don't send more people in to sanitize it and I will have less potential exposure to anything.
:sad2:
Not even a fire ant...

I'll count that as a good thing.
Better that than termites...

Morning boys from another sunny one.
Only 4 conference calls today, so combing through plans for the new stores and trying to get on top of stuff. You know, work. Rather than, you know. Talking about work.
We got the announcement that all shops will open in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure BoJo announced it to get his mate out of a sticky situation, where he had flouted lockdown rules. It's nice to have mates in high places.
That just leaves pubs and restaurants. And Gyms.

Springs just hit capacity with the Disney stores and restaurants opening today - pent up demand for the Mouse
Was it though, or was it just dum dums with Go Pros for their YouTube channels? This has made me laugh about these things. I totally get the walkthroughs and new rides, but "World of Disney is open after a few weeks of being shut" is something people want to watch? Perspex screens and Face masks?
As you may be aware, it was also announced today that Walt Disney World Resort submitted a proposal to government officials in Florida describing our approach for a phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort theme parks planned to begin on July 11
So if you're booked in W/c Jun 22 or Jul 4, can you get the same refund policy as now? As much as I really love the resorts, I'm not sure I'd be happy to drop all that coin on just staying on Property with no Parks.
(another for you Dan)
You speak better English than I do mate. Good effort there.
The East End versions are daft=Soppy (I use this term a lot) i.e Don't be Soppy, I'll get the beers in, you got the last one. Rubbish is generally swapped out for B0ll0x.

I'm just American...no idiotic reference to where people THINK I might have originated from.
I did a paper on this in College, about this and De Toqueville.
Ooo get me, quoting 19th Century French Philosophers.

Fear not, the b00bie jokes will recommence shortly.
I was hoping you'd say that. :)
There's an unwritten rule that you always take the faster time or the further distance ;)

Morning, Gents! Had a really good day yesterday. In fact, it was so good that when I got home I couldn't believe it was already Wednesday....so a plus knowing that I was that much closer to the weekend, I'll have to work, but the weekend nonetheless. Got to play around on the forklift again yesterday, becoming a regular occurrence for me. Really it's because it's the end of the month and we're shipping out a ton of stuff and as such, things need to be moved around, but I still have fun. Well, not much else to pass along. Have a good day, everyone!

TTFN

Good news is that Disney announced they are opening the parks before we will arrive. Bad news is that they haven't clarified if the resorts are opening. So, will we have a trip? Just so disappointed in how they are handling this.

:thumbsup2

Thanks. And I get it the "not knowing".

The cool part is that my supervisor totally understands me continuing to look for work.

Afternoon, gents.

So... Did another run today and... not sure whom to believe. My DDs fitbit, synched to her phone said we ran 3.5K. But I downloaded the Nike Run app and it was giving my updates as we ran and it said we ran 4K. Any thought on how we can figure out who's right? These are trails, so I can't use my car odometer to check.
Big plus is after the run. 1. I didn't feel like dying. 2. Knee, achilles and calves were fine, and left hip was only a bit sore.

That's good news that you don't hurt. As for the distance? I'd go with the longer of the two...sounds more impressive. :thumbsup2

Uh, oh. But... it's to be expected, I suppose.

Yeah, I've been extra cautious lately.

Makes me wonder how they're going to pay for all those extra buses if they're only going to have one kid per seat.

Morning All,

Going to be another hot one, temps should hit the 90s with the humidex taking it over 100. And that's why I ran this morning at 6:30, cooler but still some humidity to make it a bit sticky.

One of the regions in the northern part of the province took a step back in the recovery process yesterday. Three new related cases in less than a week, all related to an idiot doctor who traveled to Quebec, lied about it and didn't self-isolate for 14 days. So three so far and more expected. Luckily the rest of the province is able to stay in the recovery stage we moved to last week.

Enjoy your Thursday all.

Top 5 Must Do's During a trip (can do a top 10 if you are eager)

It's not an Official Disney Trip unless I...

1. Ride the monorail.
2. Visit all 4 parks.
3. Get on the new attractions I haven't seen yet since the last visit.
4. Have a Dole Whip Float.
5. Take a spin on the coasters (BTMRR, Space, Test Track, SDD, RnRC, EE)
6. Get frustrated with the MDE app/FP+ experience.
7. Take a boat ride to a resort.
8. Eat at 50's Prime Time Cafe and mess around with the servers.
9. Eat lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.
10. Ride on the TTA.

Big plus is after the run. 1. I didn't feel like dying. 2. Knee, achilles and calves were fine, and left hip was only a bit sore.

Hey, that's great! Hope you've turned the corner here.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see it. It was on "On demand" a while ago, but it's already gone. Poop.

Well, dang. Do you guys have Redbox in Canada? I can usually rent a Blu-ray for a buck or two from them.

New ticket sales have stopped, and current ticket holders and guests are to be contacted. It looks like you have to reserve your park time. Not sure what that means or which how that will work with APs or hopping.

They're still making this up as they go.

Day 1 of the arcade build, it should be ready for spraying for the weekend.

Nice work! Looks cool.

Not to self. Maintain social distancing from Randall... even if that's been lifted.

:rotfl2:

Shame about the launch today. Might be able to see it on Saturday, but... probably not.

We just can't have nice things this year.

I feel like a lot of these policies are being made by people who don't have kids, have never been around kids, and have never seen a kid.

We were just told yesterday that our schools could in fact have outdoor graduation ceremonies as long as there's no hugging. This was after two months of being told not to have large public gatherings. So all of the schools planned virtual graduations. There's no way they can stop on a dime and plan a large event in a week. So what was the point of that announcement?

You know... I gotta say, I'm really enjoying seeing the various answers to "must do's in Disney".
Just shows there's something for everyone. My must do isn't the same as yours which is different from his.

::yes::

Only 4 conference calls today, so combing through plans for the new stores and trying to get on top of stuff. You know, work. Rather than, you know. Talking about work.

There's a novel concept.

Was it though, or was it just dum dums with Go Pros for their YouTube channels? This has made me laugh about these things. I totally get the walkthroughs and new rides, but "World of Disney is open after a few weeks of being shut" is something people want to watch? Perspex screens and Face masks?

:confused3 I guess we're just too old to understand. I keep asking my kids if they get a medal once they've watched every video on YouTube.

The cool part is that my supervisor totally understands me continuing to look for work.

As well he should!

Morning, gents. Not much to report here.

Are you actually glad to be doing some actual work? I suspect you would be.
I'm pretty sure BoJo announced it to get his mate out of a sticky situation, where he had flouted lockdown rules.
Read about that. I guess the rules only apply to the common folk.
Fear not, the b00bie jokes will recommence shortly.
Yay!!!!

::yes::::yes::
There's an unwritten rule that you always take the faster time or the further distance ;)
Oh, not to worry... I did.
(But thanks for your comment about the two apps. Appreciated that.)
That's good news that you don't hurt. As for the distance? I'd go with the longer of the two...sounds more impressive. :thumbsup2
I did! I will!
Now I'm looking for a really inaccurate app that will tell me I ran 5K instead of 4.
Going to be another hot one, temps should hit the 90s with the humidex taking it over 100.
Whoa! I didn't know you got that hot with the ocean tempering things.

Then again... of course you do. When I lived in Churchill, MB it got up that high and that's on the ocean (sorta) and considerably farther north.
Three new related cases in less than a week, all related to an idiot doctor who traveled to Quebec, lied about it and didn't self-isolate for 14 days.
:mad: What a self-centered idiot. Hope he loses patients.
(And not from them dying because of his action.)
Hey, that's great! Hope you've turned the corner here.
Oh, man. I sure hope so. Was thinking of chucking the whole thing a week ago. I could hardly walk and was in quite a bit of pain.
Well, dang. Do you guys have Redbox in Canada? I can usually rent a Blu-ray for a buck or two from them.
We used to. I haven't seen one in years. I wouldn't know where to rent from now.
We just can't have nice things this year.
:laughing:

and...

:sad1:
We were just told yesterday that our schools could in fact have outdoor graduation ceremonies as long as there's no hugging. This was after two months of being told not to have large public gatherings. So all of the schools planned virtual graduations. There's no way they can stop on a dime and plan a large event in a week. So what was the point of that announcement?
So that they don't have to do it next year. "We told you, that you could have it last spring. It was your decision not to."

Whoa! I didn't know you got that hot with the ocean tempering things.

Then again... of course you do. When I lived in Churchill, MB it got up that high and that's on the ocean (sorta) and considerably farther north.

:mad: What a self-centered idiot. Hope he loses patients.
(And not from them dying because of his action.)

Along the Fundy coast there is no warning and is usually 20 to 30 degrees cooler in some areas.

There is talk that the doctor will be charged for violating the emergency act.

Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy Friday Eve! The Disney news was pretty good yesterday I guess though not sure how this park reservation system will work when you have FP and ADR already booked but we will see? Family isn't sure the trip scheduled for first week August is gonna be worth it with the restrictions, park reservations, masks in the August heat, etc so just gonna see how things unfold as we have still have time to make final decision. Stay safe and healthy gents.

Today's WDW top list............... a bit of change up as I'm running low on new stuff........
  1. 50's Prime Time or Brown Derby?
  2. BTMRR or SM (space mtn)?
  3. Dawa or Rose & Crown?
  4. EE or RNRC?
  5. HS or AK?
For the record, Must Do's
  1. Stay on Property
  2. Galaxy's Edge - All of it
  3. Dawa & FOTLK
  4. Enjoy the family time
  5. Resort only days (on longer trips)
  6. Mini Van MK park close
  7. Take it all in and escape the real world for a bit
  8. 2 or 3 nice sit down meals
  9. Pin shopping with DS
  10. The coasters - all of them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!