DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Clothes?! You think I'm going to store clothes on this expensive piece of equipment?! Pfft! Boxes, baby, this thing's going to have boxes on it. :rotfl2:
Sounds a lot like my treadmill. Besides collecting dust, I find it very useful as a repository for the Christmas tree box.

Dan, I heard on the news this morning that wild beaver have been released back into the Devon area, any plans for a road trip? ;)
Gotta love wild beaver.
I expect it's better than tame beaver.

I'm afraid our old friend Betty Swallocks is paying a visit today
Is she the wild beaver?

Stupid phone scammer called at 7:30, waking me up (day off) and that was it for sleep. They like to call early in the morning to get you when you're groggy and your defenses are down. Need to mute that stupid thing. But then I always forget to un-mute it and miss calls later.
Been there, done that. Not fun.
I have my cell phone muted while I sleep, especially during the day when I work night shift, but then I often forget to un-mute and end up missing calls. I have the land line phone I the bedroom on mute permanently, but if a call comes in I can still hear it ring downstairs.

Does Canada have a do not call list like the U.S.?
Yes, but I suspect it works just as poorly. I have been on it for years but still get calls.
It might weed out calls from legitimate charities/businesses, but those blood sucking scam artists could care less.

Nice looking gun. I've only shot a pistol once in my life and that's when I was about 4-5 years old. That one was a Luger. Didn't hit a thing.
I have never shot a gun, apart from a BB gun when I was a kid.
I've always been curious. Just never did it.

Have a great week, fellas. I'm off on our Plan B vacation to the Smoky Mountains. Catch you on the flip side, unless the zombie apocalypse happens first.
Enjoy the trip!
Send us a postcard.

Me and the boy now have a great little Friday night tradition over the last 2 months after lockdown where we go and pick up dinner from whatever takeaway we are having, but we go and have appetizers somewhere else first. I have a beer, he has a soda, and we chat about the week. I gotta be honest, I absolutely love it.
That's a really nice tradition to start.
Hopefully he still wants to spend time with you when he's older.
Having daughters, especially teenaged, that kind of one on one time is not really something I could ever get them to do.

I'm old. I've never not had one. But... I do wonder why we do still have one. I need to call my alarm company and see if they're using it as a monitoring line.
I wonder the same thing.
I know the alarm company uses the land line, but each person in the house has a cell phone now, so I wonder why we still have a land line. I don't think the alarm companies need a land line now, but would probably have to upgrade the hardware.

So what did I wind up doing instead of mowing the lawn? I got sucked into watching the Bourne movies on the SyFy Channel!
Sounds like a perfectly good trade off to me.
I am pretty sure I've done something like that before.
It's not often I get the house to myself. No way I am going to squander that opportunity by doing chores.

Question for those of you "who's into running". Do you smile when you run? Was out on the road today and saw a number of runners. Nobody was smiling...
As in other things in life Chief, we are just concentrating on hanging in there as long as we can and then as we finish, a massive smile breaks out.

I'm obviously talking about all you can eat restaurants.

Shirley Temple giggling. | Shirley temple, Funny pictures, Laugh

Morning boys.
Up too early, but... I suspect I’ll never get a decent sleep again. Unless I’m at Disney.

I'm double your size
Nope. You’re not.
Congrats on the new personal best.
Thanks!
Passed him along the highway outside of Saint John on my way to a high school track meet back in 1980.
You’re kidding!!!
Never had the chance. He didn’t make it this far as you know.
Shall we all do the virtual run on Sep 13? By all I mean anyone who's into running...
I like that idea.
So nice in fact, that it was a great day to mow the lawn
Did that. Or maybe it was the day before. It all blends.
its a shame it didn't get done.
:laughing:
got sucked into watching the Bourne movies on the SyFy Channel!
Good movies to get sucked into. ::yes::
Absolutely not! I'm watching the Bourne Ultimatum which just started, so that's what we're watching." So now I'm in my office online while my DD and DW watch The Magic School Bus.
:laughing: A true dad.
This reminded me of a story about a naked German who had to chase after a wild pig who stole a bag that had his computer in it. And don't ask how I got to a naked guy chasing a pig from "Gotta love wild beaver" because I honestly don't know. My mind is a mysterious place. I'd attach a link, but I don't want to get points for posting a story that shows a naked man running.
Don’t know that one?
have my cell phone muted while I sleep, especially during the day when I work night shift, but then I often forget to un-mute and end up missing calls.
Yep.
have the land line phone I the bedroom on mute permanently, but if a call comes in I can still hear it ring downstairs.
I should do that but then miss calls when watching a show.
I wonder the same thing.
I know the alarm company uses the land line, but each person in the house has a cell phone now, so I wonder why we still have a land line. I don't think the alarm companies need a land line now, but would probably have to upgrade the hardware.
That’s what I figure too.
They better hope the cougars don't find out.
Question for those of you "who's into running". Do you smile when you run? Was out on the road today and saw a number of runners. Nobody was smiling...
Well... do you smile while walking or watching the news or reading a book or driving your car?
I’ll smile and wave when I pass others out for a walk/run.
:lmao:

Well...
For those of you who had "Minor Earthquake in Southeastern US" on you 2020 Bingo Cards, you can go ahead and mark that square.

In other news...
We ended up deciding to cancel our "April trip that got moved to September" down to Da' World. Really wanted to go, but there are just too many issues to pull it off.

I need a drink.

For those of you who had "Minor Earthquake in Southeastern US" on you 2020 Bingo Cards, you can go ahead and mark that square.
I just need "4 horsemen" for a Bingo!

But... that's quite rare, isn't it? I don't remember hearing of one that way before.
In other news...
We ended up deciding to cancel our "April trip that got moved to September" down to Da' World. Really wanted to go, but there are just too many issues to pull it off.

I need a drink.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. You earned it.

Some might call it a smile.

Or it could be the look of someone in agony. 😆

Morning boys.
Up too early, but... I suspect I’ll never get a decent sleep again. Unless I’m at Disney.

I was awake at 5 am, so I feel your pain.

Did that. Or maybe it was the day before. It all blends.

Cut my lawn kind of short last time, so I've decided to hold off for another week.

Good movies to get sucked into. ::yes::

Aren't they, though?

:laughing: A true dad.

Yep, too bad I was overruled by mom.

Don’t know that one?

It's funny...there's even a picture of the naked guy running after the wild pig.

Happy Sunday morning. It's overcast here, so it may be a rainy day. Tennis already scheduled indoors this evening. After an exciting week of job interview and trip to WDW, we've settled back into Groundhog day. With college football season on the brink of being cancelled, I imagine more closures will follow, and we will have Groundhog day for the rest of the year, or at least thru November.

Hey, Gents! it's a beautiful Saturday here on Cape Cod. Temps were comfortable, and the humidity had broken, so it was nice today. So nice in fact, that it was a great day to mow the lawn....its a shame it didn't get done. The DD had a sleep over at Nana's last night, and stayed for most of the day, and the wife had a wedding gig this afternoon, observing all the proper social distancing, of course, and that meant I had the place to myself. So what did I wind up doing instead of mowing the lawn? I got sucked into watching the Bourne movies on the SyFy Channel! Well, that is until the family showed up and the DD wanted to watch The Magic School Bus. I told her, "Absolutely not! I'm watching the Bourne Ultimatum which just started, so that's what we're watching." So now I'm in my office online while my DD and DW watch The Magic School Bus. I got two of the two of the movies in at least. It was fun while it lasted. I guess I should get up and get something done...but you know, it is after 6pm, and dinner's about to be served, and then, well, you can't just jumped back into something right after eating...you gotta let it rest after all, and then it'll be bed time. So I guess whatever it was I was supposed to do today can wait until tomorrow. I mean, it's not like the wife's been bugging me about it...er whatever it is...for the past couple of months. So there you go. Welcome to my life. Just remember to keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times and don't feed the animals. 😆

I think he just might be giving us the
My DD's recently picked up tennis. Not sure if she'll stick to it, but she likes it so far.

Sounds like a good day, except for giving up the TV. DW and I bought matching recliners the last furniture upgrade, so we have our spots and a tv, and we defer the dad to the other. Tennis is a great sport, one she can play for life.

I have never shot a gun, apart from a BB gun when I was a kid.
I've always been curious. Just never did it.

I enjoy it. The problem is having a place to shoot. We go to my FIL's farm, and I hopefully can have my own place as well. While there was just five of us, we ended up spending 2 hours shooting (and eating), way more than I expected. My oldest daughter enjoyed it more so than my youngest.

Smile while running? I guess some are into that type of pain. :lmao:

As in other things in life Chief, we are just concentrating on hanging in there as long as we can and then as we finish, a massive smile breaks out.

Ahhhhhh, buffets. Oh how I miss thee. :sad2:

Well...

In other news...

I need a drink.

Sorry to hear the trip was cancelled. We had a great time despite the restrictions, but we didn't have the choice of getting out of it though. I'll have to figure out what the new vacation rules are at the new job, but thr earliest would be October or December 2021.

I just need "4 horsemen" for a Bingo!
I'll be rooting against that one if you don't mind.

But... that's quite rare, isn't it? I don't remember hearing of one that way before.
They are quite rare down this way, but there is a fault that runs through the area.

This one was a 5.1 which is not that big a deal. The last one that we actually felt was a 5.8 back in 2011. Again, no big shakes (pardon the pun).
The last real quake was a 7.3 in 1886. That made quite the mess of things and there are still buildings in Charleston with bracing to help stabilize the foundations from after that occurred. Oh, and the USGS believes that we are overdue for another sizable one, but you can't really predict such things.

Never went to bed until 3 a.m. Few of us DisDads were still chatting away on Zoom last night.

This one was a 5.1 which is not that big a deal. The last one that we actually felt was a 5.8 back in 2011. Again, no big shakes (pardon the pun).
The last real quake was a 7.3 in 1886. That made quite the mess of things and there are still buildings in Charleston with bracing to help stabilize the foundations from after that occurred. Oh, and the USGS believes that we are overdue for another sizable one, but you can't really predict such things.

So no real damage?

What??? He was FROM Winnipeg.
Yes, but he moved to BC when he was 8 and I was only 2. On his run, he never made it this far.
Well as long as it doesn't say of the apocalypse, you can get it. If it does, then I doubt you'll be thinking about bingo.
But... I wanna win!
::yes::
Yep, too bad I was overruled by mom.
That'll happen... a lot.
It's funny...there's even a picture of the naked guy running after the wild pig.
Huh. Maybe I'll have to look for it.
I'll be rooting against that one if you don't mind.
:rolleyes1
They are quite rare down this way, but there is a fault that runs through the area.
Did not know that. Huh.
This one was a 5.1 which is not that big a deal.
Maybe not to you!
We don't get any up here.
The last one that we actually felt was a 5.8 back in 2011. Again, no big shakes (pardon the pun).
The last real quake was a 7.3 in 1886. That made quite the mess of things and there are still buildings in Charleston with bracing to help stabilize the foundations from after that occurred.
That'd be interesting to see actually.
Listen her, wiseguy. I'm gonna send those riders down your way...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter