DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey guys. Last night and this morning wasn't feeling too well. Still think I am overcoming last week. Feeling a little better now. Bothers me I am practically useless cleaning up this week.
:scared1::rotfl: Cheers mate. I started to do up a quiz that bought the kids time on the Ipads, 2 minutes for a right answer. My missus just walked away shaking her head laughing. Apparently I have a lot to learn....

This could get interesting. I need to get some popcorn.

Got the house to myself. (well... me and the dogs.)

ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

About 30 seconds after I posted that, rugrat #1 came home. Ah well.

Didn't even have time to say enjoy. Oh well, maybe next time.

Cheeky. Quick. Like a getaway. Cheeky in Cockney is a short or swift action. Such as "fancy a cheeky pint?"

Thanks for the translation. Kind of like it.

There was a post asking thoughts on putting kids on shoulders in the middle of a crowd for the shows. There was some respectful, I thought, discussion and then a second post that seemed more in jest. Then he was gone.

They had a rapid influx of new members and it doesn't have a community feel as much as it did. Some of the guys think it is funny to poke the bear every once in a while to get a reaction. They think it is funny but I find it irritating. I thought the guy was out of line with the "I'll put my kids on my F***** shoulders...." "Well I was just kidding..." It is occasionally more like some of the nastier boards on the Dis. Sad actually.

Hello boys! Dan, you haven't called it yet? Got a nice surprise as DS decided this morning to come home for the weekend even though he is coming next weekend as well (specific appointments and such). 2 of his 4 courses are on line this semester so he has not classroom stuff on Fridays and Mondays. Got to admit put a bit of a boos into my step when I got the test. Have a good weekend gents and enjoy the family time.

Enjoy the weekend with the college kid. How is he doing anyway?

Morning boys from a relatively hangover free London. Did the ol' 2 x Paracetemol and a pint of water trick. Sold my Spurs ticket to one of my mates, so NFL only this weekend. CJ hope you're feeling better mate. I also need to work out how to multi post from my iPhone.....

Morning, all.
That's about all I can say about it. It's too early. Even the sun is sensible enough to be still sleeping.

Hey guys. Last night and this morning wasn't feeling too well. Still think I am overcoming last week. Feeling a little better now. Bothers me I am practically useless cleaning up this week.

Hope you're feeling better, cj.

Didn't even have time to say enjoy. Oh well, maybe next time.

How did you get yours to move out????
Please help!

Morning boys from a relatively hangover free London.

Impressive.

Morning Guys.

Cj hope you're feeling better today, if not go get checked out.

Dan, glad to hear you're better too. ;)

Last edited:
Please help!
Well, for one of my kids, it was relatively easy. I gave him about 6 months after graduating high school with him lying around doing nothing. I then said, it's been 6 months since you graduated...you need to make a decision. Go to college, get a job, get out. Pick one. Go to college and you can live here rent free. Get a job and start paying rent. Find somewhere else that will let you lay around and not contribute. He ended up moving out. Took him a bit, but he finally figured out he has to work to make it in life. He finally figured out he should have taken the college option. YEP!

Well, for one of my kids, it was relatively easy. I gave him about 6 months after graduating high school with him lying around doing nothing. I then said, it's been 6 months since you graduated...you need to make a decision. Go to college, get a job, get out. Pick one. Go to college and you can live here rent free. Get a job and start paying rent. Find somewhere else that will let you lay around and not contribute. He ended up moving out. Took him a bit, but he finally figured out he has to work to make it in life. He finally figured out he should have taken the college option. YEP!

That's actually pretty much what we've told DD20. Except she's in her third year of University (of five.)
My problem is that I told her she could stay rent free as long as she's in school..... But she's taking education and she figured out that once she graduates and gets a job, she'll be in a school for the rest of her life!

That's actually pretty much what we've told DD20. Except she's in her third year of University (of five.)
My problem is that I told her she could stay rent free as long as she's in school..... But she's taking education and she figured out that once she graduates and gets a job, she'll be in a school for the rest of her life!

Got you on a technicality.

Morning all. Tennis tournament time pushed back 2 hours. It doesn't appear to be a very well run tournament. Oh well.

It's ineligible, she told me it's a pre-existing condition. apparently.

Appealed to MCO. Well, then that same opinion now costs you $2000. :lmao:

Hey! I was drunk! (Please don't report me for posting drunk)

Maybe not this time. Maybe.

Morning boys from a relatively hangover free London. Did the ol' 2 x Paracetemol and a pint of water trick. Sold my Spurs ticket to one of my mates, so NFL only this weekend. CJ hope you're feeling better mate. I also need to work out how to multi post from my iPhone.....

Where's that true, loyal fan spirit.

Please help!

I've been trying just to make it really unpleasant now. :lmao:

All theory here, since my oldest is still only 15. We make it a happen to discuss the future, but not overwhelm with the requirement of making a decision. My parents told me the key to a successful future was hard work, good grades, college degree, government pension, and investing in Bank CDs. :scared1:

So, i try not to make those same mistakes. We did the Johnson O'Connor testing, discuss importance of relationships, learning, and I gave them the Dave Ramsey book Total Money Makeover. I would rather them be happy in their career than earning a useless degree for a soul sucking job.

I was talking with my youngest yesterday when i realized that i used to be paid by UPS for a physical workout for 15-20 hours a week and was in great shape. Now, i have a desk job i can't stand, pay $ to a gym & tennis club to try to find time to workout 8-10 hours a week, and am overweight.

Last edited:
Where's that true, loyal fan spirit.
I just couldn't face the beer.

I think my new favourite show is College Gameday Live, I just watched it & they are in Times Sq. That's going on the planner as a DVR regular.....

My oldest has discussed that as it relates to art. Yeah, being in school stinks. But, they get all those holidays and evenings off. I had a teacher say they had to work late grading papers and homework, so it's not that short on hours. I reminded her there is no study that shows children who do homework are more successful. Thus, if she didn't give homework, she wouldn't have to grade it. :lmao:

I just couldn't face the beer.

I think my new favourite show is College Gameday Live, I just watched it & they are in Times Sq. That's going on the planner as a DVR regular.....

I got Leicester City vs Liverpool today. Well, at least for an hour before tennis.

I got Leicester City vs Liverpool today. Well, at least for an hour before tennis.
That should be a good game. I'm watching Texas Tech against Houston. And I seem to be getting away with it. Shhhhhh........

I've been trying just to make it really unpleasant now. :lmao:

:laughing:

I was talking with my youngest yesterday when i realized that i used to be paid by UPS for a physical workout for 15-20 hours a week and was in great shape. Now, i have a desk job i can't stand, pay $ to a gym & tennis club to try to find time to workout 8-10 hours a week, and am overweight.

My happiest time was when I was mowing lawns at less than minimum wage for a relative (then again, no taxes. Cash.)
Was outdoors, got exercise... yeah... I hear you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter