DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning guys. Today's agenda is about making about 15 phone calls each of which I think will get progressively worse. I hate the phone.

Sick. Can't breathe. Coughing. Carp.

Take a hit of bourbon. Some people say add honey to it but why waste good bourbon? Get better soon.

Makeup at the water park. Sounds like my oldest daughter - missing that common sense sometimes. Got mad at me about taking away her cell phone and yelled "I hope i go missing because the kidnappers will give me a phone". Like a good parent, i bring that up quite often.

I still laugh over the makeup to go to a water park. She denies it of course. Laughing over incidents like that and your daughter's kidnapper story are one of the few reasons why we procreate.

We had Trattoria for breakfast and it was good. Need to try it for dinner. They have had quite a few restaurants in that location in not so many years - Spoodles, Kouzzina, and now Trattoria.

Agree, they used to have a good breakfast but now it is a character meal. Off the list now. I really like Trattoria and hope this one sticks.

Did the fakesgiving order for Sunday, we have a few people coming round. Dinner on Saturday night, so could get a bit messy. Will have the college football on to give it a bit of "atmosphere". We have Turkey, Stuffing, Pigs in Blankets, Yams with Marshmallow, Green Bean/Mushroom casserole, Roast Pots (we're Brits), Pecan Pie and Indoor Smores. And about 3 Gallon of wine. And Port. And Bourbon. And Cigars for the boys.

My measly little pork chop for dinner tonight pales in comparison to that feast. Roast Pots? I assume that is some braised sort of meat thing. Enjoy.

Carry on. And remember. No-one expects the Spanish inquisition.

Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear surprise and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! (Have to admit, I had to look it up to get the complete quote)

Hope everyone has a good day and get better Norm.

Sorry to hear that Norm. Hope you get feeling better soon and it's not that crud that's been going around.

Dues are higher, but only a 50 point contract wouldn't be bad. I've tried that earlier time stuff, and it sometimes works.
That's why I said sometimes we're on time.

Makeup at the water park. Sounds like my oldest daughter - missing that common sense sometimes. Got mad at me about taking away her cell phone and yelled "I hope i go missing because the kidnappers will give me a phone". Like a good parent, i bring that up quite often.
Mine did something similar...what if I get kidnapped, I can't call you. My response: Really? You don't think the kidnappers will let you keep your phone and call me as much as you want?

Would kill myself (or have a massive stroke) if I had to wait for three females. I also use the time adjustment trick with limited success.
I had 4 for a period of time. Amazing I have any hair left.

When the kid was in middle school I took her and a friend to Disney. One morning we were going to one of the water parks and they spent forever to get ready. Hair perfect and makeup applied we still made it to rope drop. Five minutes later we went down a slide and the hair was a wreck and the mascara was running down their faces. Had a good laugh.
:rotfl2: Makeup at a water park. :lmao: Must stop, hurting sides. :lmao: :rotfl:

Morning all.

Last day in the office this week, on the road for a basketball tournament tomorrow. I hope the coach let's me start. ;)

Weather is mixed here today but still no snow!!

For those of you not on FB, Mark posted a picture of his daughter up and walking around. She is recovering nicely.

I got a lot of stuff done so we can start to get ready for Thanksgiving. The Pirate and I even had time to enjoy an early dinner.

I saw the picture and the before and after x-ray, they were amazing.

I'm guessing you were the only one eating real food at the dinner.

Feel better Norm, remember booze makes everything better.

Morning boys, from a meh kind of weather London.

Did the fakesgiving order for Sunday, we have a few people coming round. Dinner on Saturday night, so could get a bit messy. Will have the college football on to give it a bit of "atmosphere". We have Turkey, Stuffing, Pigs in Blankets, Yams with Marshmallow, Green Bean/Mushroom casserole, Roast Pots (we're Brits), Pecan Pie and Indoor Smores. And about 3 Gallon of wine. And Port. And Bourbon. And Cigars for the boys.

So would you be celebrating sending all the trouble makers to the colony?

Morning guys. Today's agenda is about making about 15 phone calls each of which I think will get progressively worse. I hate the phone.

You could always try smoke signals.

So would you be celebrating sending all the trouble makers to the colony?
:rotfl:I'm pretty sure that's Australia Day.....(what happened to that guy?)
July 4 is when we celebrate another year of compound interest on Unpaid Tax.
Thanksgiving is where we give thanks that a group of English went on a voyage to create footlongs and Bourbon, two of western civilisations greatest achievements. Obviously the footlong has to come with everything.
July 1 is obviously the one that gets us most ;). To throw a perfectly good way of manufacturing bacon back at us is bordering on unforgivable. I blame the French lot in the bottom corner.

Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear surprise and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! (Have to admit, I had to look it up to get the complete quote)
:rotfl:bring me the soft cushions!
Bourbon, hot lemon, honey. Works a charm. Maybe not right now, coz its probably about 11AM over your way. Feel better mate.
Did Il Mulino once and while good, like Trattoria better.
I really want to go to Il Mulino, but I can never seem to get round to it. Never been in the Swolphin....

:rotfl:I'm pretty sure that's Australia Day.....(what happened to that guy?)
July 4 is when we celebrate another year of compound interest on Unpaid Tax.
Thanksgiving is where we give thanks that a group of English went on a voyage to create footlongs and Bourbon, two of western civilisations greatest achievements. Obviously the footlong has to come with everything.
July 1 is obviously the one that gets us most ;). To throw a perfectly good way of manufacturing bacon back at us is bordering on unforgivable. I blame the French lot in the bottom corner.
Call me ignorant...wouldn't be the first time. July 1st and bacon?????

I really want to go to Il Mulino, but I can never seem to get round to it. Never been in the Swolphin....
I have an ADR for Il Mulino in February. My wife is Italian and is an amazing cook, so most Italian places leave me feeling meh. Speaking of which...counting the days to Christmas and lasagna. I'll let you know after we get back how Il Mulino rates on my very discriminating scale.

I have an ADR for Il Mulino in February. My wife is Italian and is an amazing cook, so most Italian places leave me feeling meh. Speaking of which...counting the days to Christmas and lasagna. I'll let you know after we get back how Il Mulino rates on my very discriminating scale
Yep, be definitely interested to hear about it, as well as Ravello from CJ. I've always shyed away from Italian at WDW, apart from the newbie rookie no research mistake last minute walk in of Tony's. I still bear the scars.

Last edited:
We don't call it Canadian bacon and we never gave it that name.
Do Canadians call it bacon?

Like American football?

I mean we don't call it American football, we just call it football. We also call soccer soccer whereas the rest of the world calls that either football or futball.

Last edited:
That brings up a whole lot of British words that mean something totally different in America...

British boot = trunk
British bonnet = hood
British garden = yard
British f*g = cigarette
British bum = butt
British cracker = confetti party favor
British bugger = messed up (or someone who messes with bugs?)
British rubbish = garbage
British checker = Playing piece in a game using the same board as chess
British chips = french fries

These are some of the ones I can remember...I know there are a lot more. I had learned a bunch when I was supposed to be stationed at Alconbury, but alas, that didn't happen. :sad:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter