DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Same road and closed school stuff around here as Norm has. 3 weeks from this coming Sunday me and Mrs head to DaWorld for some Disney Institute learnings and some me & DW time enjoying first us only visit including being there on my birthday - skipped today through Saturday just to get to the 3 weeks as I can't beleive the amount of stupid been dealing with at work for only being 3 weeks into the year.
How to say good morning in Kentucky, depending on the circumstance.
"Mornin, where's my bourbon."
"Mornin, where's my underwear, cousin".
"Mornin, anybody have any shoes? Pass me a Mountain Dew".
:rotfl2: You could add Tennessee to these just substitute the bourbon with whiskey
I immediately thought of you. The rest of the bunch, well......
Hey, hey, hey now?

...KY schools are still closed, but the roads are starting to be a more drivable, just not for school buses on county roads. I think most of our county has paved roads, but there still might be a few out there. Either way, it is still too freaking cold, and I still can't convince DW to move to Florida....

Still closed here in the mountains. Tomorrow is questionable because the side roads are still a mess and very little melting going on. It could be worse though. The county south of us has been out since December 15th because of Christmas break, snow, cold and busted water pipes. Some communities haven't had water for 3 weeks and they have requested National Guard Help. No idea if the Governor will call out the troops though. I'm less and less impressed with our Governor as time goes on. Significant cuts in his proposed budget that will impact eastern KY and higher education. I am OK but I don't know if this ride will last until I can afford to retire. My goal right now is to get DD out of high school but we have 53 months to go. DW would be fine with moving to Florida but unless she has some secret stash of money set aside we can't do it.

Damn you, sir!

I made you laugh and cry in the same post. Just like the lyrics in the song. I actually do enjoy the ride though.

This will get rid of it.
]

Not even sure what to think of that.

:rotfl2: You could add Tennessee to these just substitute the bourbon with whiskey

Hey, hey, hey now?

I was saying you are a distinguished member of this group in a good way. Nothing like all these Canadians we have on here. Just don't tell them I said that. :lmao:

Still closed here in the mountains. Tomorrow is questionable because the side roads are still a mess and very little melting going on. It could be worse though. The county south of us has been out since December 15th because of Christmas break, snow, cold and busted water pipes. Some communities haven't had water for 3 weeks and they have requested National Guard Help. No idea if the Governor will call out the troops though. I'm less and less impressed with our Governor as time goes on. Significant cuts in his proposed budget that will impact eastern KY and higher education. I am OK but I don't know if this ride will last until I can afford to retire. My goal right now is to get DD out of high school but we have 53 months to go. DW would be fine with moving to Florida but unless she has some secret stash of money set aside we can't do it.

DW says the same thing - i need to win the lottery, get a job, etc before she will consider leaving. I say we would be fine and would eventually find something.

As for that speech, i think it's just more posturing to get support to end the retirement systems. I'll won't get rid of books for starving, blind, orphans if you vote out having to pay people the money we stole from their paycheck and invested poorly. Some of those programs are Federally funded, and only a small amount of state funds are appropriated for the job position that administers that federal money.

Politicians of both parties just continue to rob taxpayers, and people are too busy fighting each other to end it.

I made you laugh and cry in the same post. Just like the lyrics in the song. I actually do enjoy the ride though.
Well done on the laugh and cry thing and I'm with you, I enjoy the ride too.
I was saying you are a distinguished member of this group in a good way. Nothing like all these Canadians we have on here. Just don't tell them I said that. :lmao:
Not sure about that distinguished thing but o.k. and I won't say a word to the Canadians.
DW says the same thing - i need to win the lottery, get a job, etc before she will consider leaving. I say we would be fine and would eventually find something.
With ya on that lottery gig but so that we don't have to work any longer.

Move to strike from the club!

That's OK, we forgive you.

It's what we do.

Well done on the laugh and cry thing and I'm with you, I enjoy the ride too.

Another one!!

Move to strike two from the club!

Thats very spooky you chose that. That used to be the boy's favourite song. And the Curly haired Ninja's was IASW. You can imagine the car journeys.

:hug:

Another one!!

Move to strike two from the club!

4g36_f-maxage-0.gif

...As for that speech, i think it's just more posturing to get support to end the retirement systems. I'll won't get rid of books for starving, blind, orphans if you vote out having to pay people the money we stole from their paycheck and invested poorly. Some of those programs are Federally funded, and only a small amount of state funds are appropriated for the job position that administers that federal money.

Politicians of both parties just continue to rob taxpayers, and people are too busy fighting each other to end it.

I agree. I feel sorry for the people who are in the underfunded pension, but it is an unsustainable system. I think they need to get a cut off date and say if you have x years in by this date you get to keep it, others are being moved to a 401K. That is what the Ivory Tower did and it sucked.

I agree with you on IASW. My family isn't big on it but my DD usually consents to rid it with me. The only time I find it unbearable is if the MIL is along. She can't sing at all but figures volume makes up for what she lacks in skill.

:hug:

You can't strike me. I invoke the "I was here first" rule.

Well, this has escalated quickly.

::yes:: The Canadian Army is mobilizing. We need those jail cells and court house from Veteran's stadium.

From an American? Did you defect? You're mother was a hamster. I fart in your general direction.

I agree. I feel sorry for the people who are in the underfunded pension, but it is an unsustainable system. I think they need to get a cut off date and say if you have x years in by this date you get to keep it, others are being moved to a 401K. That is what the Ivory Tower did and it sucked.

I agree with you on IASW. My family isn't big on it but my DD usually consents to rid it with me. The only time I find it unbearable is if the MIL is along. She can't sing at all but figures volume makes up for what she lacks in skill.

Well, the pension system is like Social Security - a ponzi scheme that never ends?

I disagree with you on it not being sustainable though. If from the very beginning, the fund had been deposited in a S&P Index fund, it would have had 8+% growth with low fees since the inception of the system. Once a significant number of years had passed, the cash reserves could have been fortified then to sustain the down turns of the market. Instead, those funds were either put in risky hedge fund, allocated through nepotism, or just spent on programs instead of raising taxes to cover said programs. (Or, just not spend the money in the first place.). Now that system has been so poorly mismanaged over 40 years, there is no way to make up for the missing invested money without a new revenue stream to do so.

You can't strike me. I invoke the "I was here first" rule.

From an American? Did you defect? You're mother was a hamster. I fart in your general direction.
You're mother -- You are mother was a hamster???
Why does not liking IASW have anything to do with being American?
-- Puzzled in Atlanta

I like the fact I'm getting hugs and everyone else is getting kicked out.......
Excuse me? Barkeep? Large bucket of popcorn please.

I really don't think this is the spirit of international co-operation that Kids ride in Disney likes to promote...now...what its called....
It's called "The ride that pkondz puts his earphones in and listens to ACDC"

That actually makes that ride pretty cool. All those headbanging dolls, rockin' along.

Just trust me on this one. It really works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter