DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Glad you said that...saved me from asking "What were you thinking?".
I'm glad preemptive strikes work here... for some reason they don't work with my DW... she'd still ask me. :rotfl2:

Yes sir, still have numbers and still have dues (payable to me, despite what Norm will try to tell you).

Dang... I should have known that address he gave me was suspicious....

Hey, Dads! Been straight out busy. Just wanted to stop and say hey.

:wave:

Psst.....it's just over there on the left, just under your avatar. ;)

:scratchin Well look at that!

It's the only place they're issued.
We've even had a few of the F/B folks drop by just to have Randall issue them one.
:rolleyes:

And Randall has been a fine job at that! :thumbsup2

Why am I excited about a cartoon all of a sudden???
Hey don't feel bad. I have been watching the old Disney afternoon cartoons. Working thru TailSpin, Rescue Rangers is queued up.
Why is the rum always gone?
Norm
have a question. How is everyone watching it?
I have an Xbox one that we use for all our streaming stuff.
Remember that new room smell?
They "fixed" so we don't have to have a new room every couple months. Blame Pete.

Now that we have Disney+ and my DW has seen how much is actually on there we are going to drop Netflix. It has been great to introduce my youngest DD to a ton of movies we love but don't own.

Wow... I had forgotten what this room smells like. Do you guys ever open a window around here?? :rotfl: Remember that new room smell? Those were the good ol' days :dancer::dancer:

All the news about Disney this week had me think of you guys. It's been a long since I've checked in here. Good to see familiar faces still carrying on tradition. Just saw Norm's reference to CJ and took a moment to remember him. I've wondered how the Pirate Princess has been doing since then. It was always refreshing to hear proud updates from him from time to time.

Life in Virginia Beach has been pretty crazy these days. I'm still trying to come to terms with DD spreading her freedom wings and taking adulthood by the horns. Has her own car and job and doing great in school. My wife and I have been blessed in that DD hasn't brought any stray boys home yet. :rotfl2:Though I'm sure we're not too far away from that day.

Looking to catch up on the thread here and see how everyone's doing. I'm not on FB much anymore, this is more my speed these days.:thumbsup2
:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Emma's Dad! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #115!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Emma's Dad! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #115!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​
Woohooooo!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks, Randall! :jester::thumbsup2 How've you been, old pal?

I have a question. How is everyone watching it?
I'm not tech savy by any means, but I do understand that I can sign up for Disney + and watch on my computer or phone/tablet through an app.
How about watching it on a TV? I know there are devices like Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, Apple TV that all can connect to your TV and I believe you download the app on that device...correct? If I am going out to get one of these devices, is there any one better than the other?
I downloaded it yesterday on the desktop and can watch it there. Then downloaded the app on my phone and can watch it there too. Nice also that you can download stuff when you're on wifi to watch when you're not. I have a firestick and it was really easy to download it to that as well so I now can watch on laptop, desktop, phone or TV.
Wow... I had forgotten what this room smells like. Do you guys ever open a window around here?? :rotfl:
No. It keeps the riff raff out. Well, we thought it did.
Nice seeing you again! :)
Greaaaat!
So you're funding the expedition, then?

Let me know when the cash has been transferred into my accounts.
I don't do that high tech stuff unless it involves being a couch potato (see above).
But the cheque's in the mail, so go ahead and pay for it with your credit card. I gotcha covered.
There's always room for a good Python meme.
::yes::
Hey, Dads! Been straight out busy. Just wanted to stop and say hey.
:wave:

CJ always talked about trying our local bourbon bar/ restaurant. Last time I was there, they had 100+ bourbons. Knob Creek hasn't been one of my favorites, but when in Disney .....
Not normally a Knob Creek man myslef but the Disney select is a single barrel and much better than their regular.
'Morning all...

A seasionaly appropriate bit of Throwback Thursday (from 2015)

View attachment 452522
Here here! Tortolla or any of the Caribbean islands on a DCL sailing sounds great right now!
I haven't signed up yet. I most likely will at some point.
I'm not tech savy by any means, but I do understand that I can sign up for Disney + and watch on my computer or phone/tablet through an app.
How about watching it on a TV? I know there are devices like Roku, Firestick, Chromecast, Apple TV that all can connect to your TV and I believe you download the app on that device...correct? If I am going out to get one of these devices, is there any one better than the other?
Not sure what are best but my IT techy guy is big on Roku and I have that for outdoor TV viewing as it is the only one that the Xfinity streaming app works through so I can watch all my sports. Inside the domain I have AppleTV for the convenience of syncing with our Iphones & Ipads.
Wow... I had forgotten what this room smells like. Do you guys ever open a window around here?? :rotfl: Remember that new room smell? Those were the good ol' days :dancer::dancer:

All the news about Disney this week had me think of you guys. It's been a long since I've checked in here. Good to see familiar faces still carrying on tradition. Just saw Norm's reference to CJ and took a moment to remember him. I've wondered how the Pirate Princess has been doing since then. It was always refreshing to hear proud updates from him from time to time.

Life in Virginia Beach has been pretty crazy these days. I'm still trying to come to terms with DD spreading her freedom wings and taking adulthood by the horns. Has her own car and job and doing great in school. My wife and I have been blessed in that DD hasn't brought any stray boys home yet. :rotfl2:Though I'm sure we're not too far away from that day.

Looking to catch up on the thread here and see how everyone's doing. I'm not on FB much anymore, this is more my speed these days.:thumbsup2
Great to see you around these parts again - welcome back & cheers!
I seriously had to go to page one to remember my number :rotfl2::rotfl2: Do they still issue numbers here??

Life does not suck!
May need to elaborate there Chief as not sure hes been here since DW became your new boss

And here's a funny story. Drove 4.5 hours for a night stay and meeting tomorrow. I drove around the dark side of the mountains and there is still snow. When I get to the hotel and get my room, the door won't open, so the lady gets the rubber mallet, walks to the door, gives it a wack, and now I'm in. I think I hear banjos driving in, so after a quick beer run, I'm hiding inside.

I messaged Shawn, but not sure how close he is.

What??????

Why am I excited about a cartoon all of a sudden???

The OS - original spandex.

Neither extreme is enjoyable. But I've honestly always been of the view that in severe cold, you can put more clothes on. In severe heat, there's not much you can do.
Either way, the most comfortable thing is to sit in a climate controlled house and check if the rum is gone or not.

I haven't signed up yet. I most likely will at some point.

But, too cold is bad in a zombie attack. I'll take the heat.

We have Spectrum Internet, and a $15 a month tv package that includes 10 cable channels (ESPN, ESPN2, NBC Sports, FX Sports, TNT, TBS, and the others DW picked. Then, we did the bundle Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu at $13 a month. We have an Amazon Fire TV and Firestick for the other, and have all those network apps downloaded. Of course we have Amazon Prime since you get free shipping. And, you can watch all those on your phone, tablet, computer, etc. $38 a month for lots of tv.

Ok, here is what I've got. Short story long, I ordered the 3 year subscript though my D23 membership, let's call that my yahoo account. Then Verizon offered the first year free if you have their unlimited plan (I do) and other things to get it. So, I signed up for that too, let's call that my gmail account. There is 8 of us on my Verizon account, so I asked everyone to use my gmail account on their phones and then my yahoo account on their other devices. You can only stream 4 at a time, so we are covered. Gmail is on my iphone with an app . Yahoo on my laptops via website. I do not have an app for the TV so I went out on Tuesday to Walmart and bought a Chromecast for $35US (some places will have then at $25US on Black Friday). Plugged it into my Surround Sound receiver in a unused HDMI port and downloaded the Google Home app on the phone and set it up, only took a few minutes. Chromecast allows me to cast any videos from my phone, little cast symbol comes up on the screen so you know you can cast. On the laptops, I use the Chrome browser that can cast the whole screen or just the video. I can cast from one tab and surf the web with another. Also, once I start the cast I can shut down the app or Chrome and it will continue to stream. FYI, you can use other streaming services than just Disney, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, DC Universe ect. Let me know if you have any questions. 😉

Too much time of your hands CBO. Go back to work. :lmao:

::wave: Don. Good to see you by this way, and glad to hear Emma is doing well. My oldest is 17 and in that sputtering to launch phase. She has the job, but doesn't want to put in a lot of effort at home. I'm hoping Prince Charming will marry her and she can move out. :scared1: :lmao:

I think I hear banjos driving in, so after a quick beer run, I'm hiding inside.
Presume you came prepared...

Image result for naked gun chastity belt
We have an Amazon Fire TV and Firestick for the other, and have all those network apps downloaded.
So question... if you need to watch a network TV show later, can you? How long do they keep them? I watch Survivor but other than that... not much else. But if I'm gone for a couple weeks, will it still be available?

have Spectrum Internet, and a $15 a month tv package that includes 10 cable channels (ESPN, ESPN2, NBC Sports, FX Sports, TNT, TBS, and the others DW picked. Then, we did the bundle Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu at $13 a month. We
We have the same spectrum package. I mostly use it so I can catch live sports when I'm actually at home.

Evening fellas. Made it home safe from Aulani. Since I won’t be back to work until Monday, it’s a bit of whiskey and then a bit of whatever else is left.

Disney+ was fantastic on the plane. Downloaded a bunch of stuff for the boy and the Mrs, plus some stuff for me, and it made the 5 hours go by real quick. Happy to say that I’m really enjoying Disney+ and the Disney shareholder in me enjoys it more.

an even weirder Jeff Goldblum

Isn’t that redundant?

Now that we have Disney+ and my DW has seen how much is actually on there we are going to drop Netflix.

Had the same thought myself. I really want to get a new TV for Christmas and seeing that Netflix charges extra for UHD, it makes me just want to cancel Netflix now.

Now I’m just debating which Avenger I would be. As a kid it would be definitely Iron Man. As for now, if Cap came with Agent Carter, then done deal.

Left to my own devices, I might go with Hulk. No one would recline their seat in economy if I was behind them. And 16 items in the 15 item express lane at the grocery store would be a thing of the past. Plus, I could kind of eat what I want because that amount of rage must burn an insane amount of calories.

Hey, Dads! So an update on my job situation: I've had an informal interview yesterday right after lunch, and I was led to believe that they aren't going to consider anyone else until they hear from me that I still want the job. When I mentioned this to the wife after work, she asked me if I said yes, and I said, "Not yet, don't want to seem too desperate or eager" She didn't like that answer, but that's how I've always done it...make them want me more. Don't know the time frame on getting the job, but I was under the impression that if/when I say "Yes, I'm still interested." it'll happen quickly...unless they decide to play games and hold off. I was told that they wanted to add another person to the department (on top of adding me) next February, so I would think this could happen in the next two weeks. Keep everyone posted.

And here's a funny story. Drove 4.5 hours for a night stay and meeting tomorrow. I drove around the dark side of the mountains and there is still snow. When I get to the hotel and get my room, the door won't open, so the lady gets the rubber mallet, walks to the door, gives it a wack, and now I'm in. I think I hear banjos driving in, so after a quick beer run, I'm hiding inside.

Interesting way to get into a hotel room. :teeth:

Hey, Dads! So an update on my job situation: I've had an informal interview yesterday right after lunch, and I was led to believe that they aren't going to consider anyone else until they hear from me that I still want the job. When I mentioned this to the wife after work, she asked me if I said yes, and I said, "Not yet, don't want to seem too desperate or eager" She didn't like that answer, but that's how I've always done it...make them want me more. Don't know the time frame on getting the job, but I was under the impression that if/when I say "Yes, I'm still interested." it'll happen quickly...unless they decide to play games and hold off. I was told that they wanted to add another person to the department (on top of adding me) next February, so I would think this could happen in the next two weeks. Keep everyone posted.
Good luck mate. Make sure you squeeze a few extra bucks out of them while you're there, this is your leverage time.

Good luck mate. Make sure you squeeze a few extra bucks out of them while you're there, this is your leverage time.

Thanks, man, appreciate it. Oh, I'm trying to squeeze what I can out of them. What's funny is when I asked about pay, my boss asked me what I wanted. When I told him he actually laughed. So I had to amend what I wanted. I also asked if I could count the two months I've already worked here as a temp, you know, time served, and he said, "Nope, they won't do that." Oh well, I tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter