DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Local Pickleball Tournament Champion. My picture with my trophy and tournament chairman.

Congratulations! It's a major award!

Did all your opponents look like him? 😁

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Not sure if any of y'all are interested in seeing the spacex launch from last week.

http://www.soliday.org/share/disdads/spacex_launch_20191205.mov

Very cool.

And... I really don't see what's stopping me. I could fairly easily check the launch schedule and get down there in time for one...

Or you could just completely luck into one...:rolleyes1

I just can't see myself getting another paid service. I already have Prime, Netflix and Disney+... in addition to basic cable.

That's what I have, too. Thinking about ditching Netflix until Stranger Things comes back.

Have a great Monday!

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Starting my new job today.
:jumping1:

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

We also did the 3 year bundle of Disney+, which has been really worth it so far just for the Imagineering documentary and The Mandalorian.

I've really enjoyed both of those as well. Plus, we showed the little guy Home Alone last night, since he needs to learn that people suffering catastrophic injuries is funny.

If he doesn't tell you it's time to get a new GM and coaching staff plus find a QB that can win when it matters he's got his head stuck in the sand. It's is getting really hard to keep cheering for them.

I doubt the GM will ever fire himself.

It's even worse for him, he grew up in Boston and has to cheer on a NY team tonight :rotfl2:

I do agree though, the Jerry Show is getting a bit tiresome.

I'm convinced the Eagles' season has been a brilliant ploy to try and get Jerry to keep Jason Garrett around.

It's a rainy PA day so the coffee is helping tremendously

Where are you in PA? I'm in Delaware. Same rain, unfortunately.

Actually... Buche de Noel literally translates as Christmas Log, but... we much prefer to refer to it as "The Christmas B*tch".
Wel'p...
Now I'll never be able to see one of those without calling it by you naming standard.

Thanks for that :laughing:

4. Raglan Road. I liked the show, but was underwhelmed with the food.
Interesting.
We didn't see the show but loved the food.

Different time; different taste; different experience.

Come on mate, fess up, that's what makes it fun.
Aw-ite...

Dis-Dining Disappointments (that will likely cause a few DisDads to give a bit of grief over):

‘Ohana - all the meat skewers were overcooked and dried out. Worse ,everything tasted heavy-handed of 5-spice (and I mean everything). If everything tastes the same (and not an overly appealing type of sameness), what's the point. (and... I hate pealing shrimp).

Boathouse - Slow service, underwhelming cuisine. Maybe I'm spoiled by the availability of excellent seafood where I live, but this wasn't worth its money (and certainly not worth a signature credit) The bar, however, was a pleasant surprise.

Mama Melrose’s - Slow service, bland food, all around bad experience. Just... no.

Boma - Inconsistent... We did it once and loved it. Went back and took guests to show the place off, and it barely even mediocre (what the heck?)

Via Napoli - Nothing wrong with it per-say, but I can get good pizza at home (and even the Blaze Pizza on property offers as good or better)

Teppan Edo - This was actually quite good, but... Similar to some of the ones above, I have access to good versions of the same thing both near home and along the SC coast (which I frequent), so it's just not worth spending my limited Dis time & bucks there if I can get the same experience elsewhere.

There are others where the food is Meh, but mostly we all know this about those spots but do them anyway as experiences (say like Chef Micky or BOG). But that's a conscious choice...

Local Pickleball Tournament Champion. My picture with my trophy and tournament chairman.
Excellent!
Nice work there and may you continue the progress.

Not sure if any of y'all are interested in seeing the spacex launch from last week.

http://www.soliday.org/share/disdads/spacex_launch_20191205.mov
Thanks.
I'll download that when I get home and give it a watchin'

Some day, I'd sure like to see one for myself.

And... I really don't see what's stopping me. I could fairly easily check the launch schedule and get down there in time for one...
That's a good thought.
There's a possibility that we might be down in the area in late April so I checked the schedules but to no avail. The Expedition 63 Launch is scheduled for some time in April, but it will be out of Baikonur, so being in central Fla won't offer much of an advantage on that one.

Great!
May this one be the job you wanted to find in Florida.

It's a miserable, rainy Monday. I'm ready for the week to be over. I applied for a promotion, and have to drive up tomorrow for an interview. It's an automatic rejection, so maybe I'll work "stamp my form" and "rehabilitated" into the interview questions.

I just can't see myself getting another paid service. I already have Prime, Netflix and Disney+... in addition to basic cable.
Which I won't cancel yet because I want to see Survivor and watch some sports and a couple other network shows...

Congrats! Impressive.

I cancelled Netflix and did the Disney +, ESPN +, and Hulu bundle. It was the same price.

I have Hulu, Disney + and DC Universe. Oldest DD has Netflix, youngest DD has Prime. We all share... :happytv:

Is the CBO a criminal? We are respectable like all the big corporations now.

Congratulations. Remember, keep looking to find me a good job.

The pickles on the trophy are a nice touch.
Well done mate. I agree the 49ers Saints was a great game to watch. Always nice to see Robbie stick one between the posts, it's not like the Bears have an issue at that position...... :rolleyes1

Not sure why the play pass the kicker. Sure, I get salary cap issues. But, a good, consistent kicker can get you a lot of easy points and a bad kicker can lose you a Superbowl.

Congrats Norm! Looking good and enjoy those Marty Moose glasses :)

Thanks. I hope it arrives. We've had some porch burglars in the neighborhood this season. Thankfully, not on our street.

I've got some good theater on in the office this afternoon; these impeachment hearings are funny to watch.

I've listened to some if it. I guess it depends on where you are politically, but what I heard just droned on forever and never seemed to get anywhere.

Congratulations! It's a major award!

It didn't have a deed to a Bowling alley inside though.

View attachment 457403

3.5 hours of pickleball, and I played hard. Only lost two matches for 9 points all day. But, I've been hobbling, limping, grunting, and hurting around the house. You think I would learn by now.
Congrats! Sounds like a hard-earned award there :thumbsup2

I have Hulu, Disney + and DC Universe. Oldest DD has Netflix, youngest DD has Prime. We all share... :happytv:
Not bad!
We all share too... except I pay for everything. :laughing:

Wait... why am I laughing...
Hope you all had a great weekend. I got to take on my first box lacrosse game on Saturday night. The NLL now has a team in Halifax Nova Scotia and they took on an expansion team from New York. I tell you there is a lot going on in these games and the action never stops. It was very fun to watch.
Sounds like fun. :)
So??? How did it go?
Is Hulu not included then? I thought they said it would be..
Hulu isn't available in Canada yet. So... nope!
Or you could just completely luck into one...:rolleyes1
Shush, you.
That's what I have, too. Thinking about ditching Netflix until Stranger Things comes back.
I'm keeping it... for now... but...
I'm not watching it much if at all... we'll see...
Wel'p...
Now I'll never be able to see one of those without calling it by you naming standard.

Thanks for that :laughing:
You're welcome. Call on me anytime to ruin various parts of Christmas.
Interesting.
We didn't see the show but loved the food.

Different time; different taste; different experience.
I'd go back and try again. Happily, in fact.

Morning, gents...

I hate mornings, gents. Just today and then two more shifts tomorrow morning and tomorrow night and I'm free for three (days). Woot!

So you will be sending me your sign in information? ;)
You didn't get it in the mail? Weird. Keep waiting. Probably just caught up in all the Christmas packages and stuff.

It's a miserable, rainy Monday. I'm ready for the week to be over. I applied for a promotion, and have to drive up tomorrow for an interview. It's an automatic rejection, so maybe I'll work "stamp my form" and "rehabilitated" into the interview questions.
I'm puzzled Norm. You said it's an automatic rejection....by you or by them? If by you, why did you apply? If by them, they wouldn't be asking for an interview, would they?

So you will be sending me your sign in information?
Me too

Nothing much to report about new job...yesterday was orientation and badge and paperwork. Today will mostly be training sessions that are mandatory, so doubt I'll be doing much actual work today either.

Morning boys from a soggy London. Gittin' straight for 2020 today, trying to get all the duckies in a row.

Let me know if WW3 starts
you're not gonna believe this, but.....
I'm convinced the Eagles' season has been a brilliant ploy to try and get Jerry to keep Jason Garrett around.
That's one way of looking at it, I guess. Kinda like viewing a dumpster fire as a good outside cooking opportunity.
Not sure why the play pass the kicker. Sure, I get salary cap issues. But, a good, consistent kicker can get you a lot of easy points and a bad kicker can lose you a Superbowl.
I couldn't agree more my friend. A decent kicker can add 8-12 points a game.

Have a great day chaps. Quack quack.

We're having a heat wave....woohoo. Another warm one and lots of rain. Of course by the morning everything will be a skating rink as the mercury heads back below the freezing mark. Good times!!

Nothing much to report about new job...yesterday was orientation and badge and paperwork. Today will mostly be training sessions that are mandatory, so doubt I'll be doing much actual work today either.

Cattle rustling? That doesn't sound like much.
Through the Vatican?
Kinkeeeey.........sign here.....

At Starbucks again today. My MILs house is so dark, I need to get out for some noise and light and social interaction. Plus the car needs some maintenance, so I just drove out and parked by the dealership

I just had a great random conversation with an older fellow about moving to Florida. Seems I can't escape thinking about it ^_^ We talked about renting versus buying a place down there. I know we want to buy a house because we plan to live there permanently, but it's nice to get a renter's perspective

30 minutes early for my interview. There's a young, cute blond with less than 5 years experience interviewing now. Clearly, my 24 years experience can't compete with that.

Tonight is senior night for City/County swim meet. The 4 local High Schools compete, which is a big deal. But, it's even a bigger deal that my oldest is a senior. Despite her behavior, I won't miss this one.

Congrats! Sounds like a hard-earned award there :thumbsup2

Thanks.

I'm puzzled Norm. You said it's an automatic rejection....by you or by them? If by you, why did you apply? If by them, they wouldn't be asking for an interview, would they?

By them. I'm too old, white, Male, Catholic, and heterosexual to be promoted in this University setting. Still, since I hit one protected class (age), I get to enjoy making the squirm in the interview. For example, when they ask my greatest weakness, and answer that I struggle that merit, hardwork, and quality doesn't get you promoted.

At Starbucks again today. My MILs house is so dark, I need to get out for some noise and light and social interaction. Plus the car needs some maintenance, so I just drove out and parked by the dealership

Hey, when you're at your MIL's house, ajy reason is good enough to leave, even Starbucks coffee.

I just had a great random conversation with an older fellow about moving to Florida. Seems I can't escape thinking about it ^_^ We talked about renting versus buying a place down there. I know we want to buy a house because we plan to live there permanently, but it's nice to get a renter's perspective

Renting vs buying also involves time. If you plan on living somewhere 20+ years, then buying is the easy way to go. However, the risk is that 20 years. Just remember, when you move, you must find me a place along with a job. Easy enough.

I think I'm the odd man out here, but I actually enjoy some good Starbucks, especially the pour overs. When you grow up with Dunkin and McDonalds it's a welcome change! Anyway Goof hope the interview goes well, don't give up hope before you've even gotten in!

Today will mostly be training sessions that are mandatory, so doubt I'll be doing much actual work today either.

I'll have to make you an honorary state worker.

That's one way of looking at it, I guess. Kinda like viewing a dumpster fire as a good outside cooking opportunity.

Break out the hot dogs!

For example, when they ask my greatest weakness, and answer that I struggle that merit, hardwork, and quality doesn't get you promoted.

Ouch. Bet you get a lot of awkward silence with that one.

I think I'm the odd man out here, but I actually enjoy some good Starbucks, especially the pour overs. When you grow up with Dunkin and McDonalds it's a welcome change! Anyway Goof hope the interview goes well, don't give up hope before you've even gotten in!

Over-priced mediocre coffee, even McDonalds is better around here.

Keep us posted.
you're not gonna believe this, but.....
Whelp! I'm heading for the fallout shelter.

Um... where exactly is that, anyways?
We're having a heat wave....woohoo. Another warm one and lots of rain.
Is it alright if I kinda hate you right now?
We've warmed up to -24C/-11F...
This is a desperate man, folks...
I get to enjoy making the squirm in the interview. For example, when they ask my greatest weakness, and answer that I struggle that merit, hardwork, and quality doesn't get you promoted.
Holy crap! Please tell me you'll do this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter