DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Just got back from Star Wars...
Don't know what all the fuss is about... meaning people not liking it for plot holes or whatever. My sister and I both loved it.
So in your face, people who didn't! :laughing:

On the good news side, booked airfare for our July trip. And don't you know it, i had to add an extra day on at WDW.
Disney math...
Yes, a 529 plan here is a tax deferred account with no taxes for funds withdrawn for educational purposes. So, if she does the technical school thing, we just pay them the money. It's also transferrable to a sibling.
Okay, got it. Here we have RESPs. Registered Education Savings Plan.
You put money in an RESP and the government kicks in an extra 20%. (plus whatever interest it accrues over time).
Not too many gigs where you get a guaranteed rate of return of 20%.
If your kid doesn't go to school, you get your principal and interest back. Otherwise, the kid gets it.
Howdy! I am popping in for my semi-annual appearance on the boards - kind of like a semi-annual Groundhog Day. :teeth:
But... that's not until Feb 2nd.

Welcome back. :)

Morning, Gents! Blustery day yesterday, and last night. I had the pleasure of working in the warehouse yesterday, when the wind really gets blowing, the large door at receiving, makes a farting sound, as it vibrates. To say I had a chuckle over this is an understatement.

Still haven't heard from the court yet, but I did get a call from another potential employer wanting me to come in for an interview, which will be on Tuesday of next week, so we'll see how that goes.

Well, off to work. Have a great day, everyone.

Let me put it this way...

If I'm in Germany in Epcot, I'll say "I had German food. Bratwurst and Sauerkraut and Schnitzel..."

But if I'm in Germany (the country)… I'll just say I had food. Which is Bratwurst and Sauerkraut and Schnitzel... but probably more Torte.

I had the pleasure of visiting Germany several years ago when my brother lived there for work...man was it beautiful. By that point I had forgotten most of my German, but I did learn how to say the most important thing you can in Germany: "Eins (fill in amount here) bier bitte!" Or, one beer please!

I thought so. :teeth:

Hopefully you'll hear something... eventually?

crossed!

I would hope to hear something soon. Now, I'm not banking on this, but I know the registrar of probate for my county, and she knows the clerk of courts for the court I applied to. I'm hoping that the clerk called my friend, who I did put down as a reference, and she then talked me up. But...we'll see. I would think that I should hear something today...after all, it has been a week since they had the interviews.

Morning, gents.
Start of a long day. 16 hours at work, then I'll have to go home to shovel, looks like. Supposed to get 10-15cm (4-6") tonight and another 5cm (2") by tomorrow. So... shoveling after work.
But I console myself knowing I won't have it as bad as @Terra Nova guy … I heard they're getting 70cm (28")!! Yikes!

the large door at receiving, makes a farting sound, as it vibrates. To say I had a chuckle over this is an understatement.
:laughing:
Ya gotta find amusement where you can.
Still haven't heard from the court yet, but I did get a call from another potential employer wanting me to come in for an interview, which will be on Tuesday of next week, so we'll see how that goes.
Nice! Keep your options open.
I had the pleasure of visiting Germany several years ago when my brother lived there for work...man was it beautiful. By that point I had forgotten most of my German, but I did learn how to say the most important thing you can in Germany: "Eins (fill in amount here) bier bitte!" Or, one beer please!
Pretty much all you need. :laughing:
I don't drink beer, myself... but I can point to the cake in the display case and hold up one finger.

I would hope to hear something soon. Now, I'm not banking on this, but I know the registrar of probate for my county, and she knows the clerk of courts for the court I applied to. I'm hoping that the clerk called my friend, who I did put down as a reference, and she then talked me up. But...we'll see. I would think that I should hear something today...after all, it has been a week since they had the interviews.
Good to have connections. That's gotta help!

Morning, gents.
Start of a long day. 16 hours at work, then I'll have to go home to shovel, looks like. Supposed to get 10-15cm (4-6") tonight and another 5cm (2") by tomorrow. So... shoveling after work.
But I console myself knowing I won't have it as bad as @Terra Nova guy … I heard they're getting 70cm (28")!! Yikes!

Right?! You have to have fun at work.

The best part of this one is, I applied for it yesterday and I'm already scheduled for an interview. I wish all of them were like this.

I don't drink beer, myself... but I can point to the cake in the display case and hold up one finger.

:thumbsup2

Let's just hope the connections work.

Morning all.

Beautiful sunny morning here and it is only -30 with the windchill (-22 for you southerners). It's suppose to stay this way for a couple of days and then warm up to snow on Sunday. Still nothing like Jeff is going through over on the Rock! Here is what the webcam looking out over the harbour looked like at 11:30 am local time.

Stay safe @Terra Nova guy and have a great day to the rest of you.

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 hours of driving today to and from our manufacturing / distribution facility south of the mother ship, just north of the TN / Bama border. Winter, for Nashville, is here starting with a ton of rain tomorrow and then some low temps in the teens on Sunday. Enjoy the weekend.
Morning, gents.
To all the Canadian contingent stay warm and safe - especially to you Jeff. And close the door please you're letting the penguins loose.

Brrrrr….Mother Nature you can be one cruel witch sometimes...

@declansdad @pkondz @budamacdvcr Thanks for the thoughts guys. I have been on this earth for 46 years. I have never seen anything this bad. This is a blizzard to beat them all. Since they have been keeping weather records in the 1850's or so, the record for 1 day snowfall here in St. John's is 68.2 cm in 1999. I remember that one. This one will be even worse with 70-80cm! That's 2 1/2 feet for my southern friends!
I honestly don't know how we are cleaning up from this. The city has declared a state of emergency, everybody is required to go home. Everything is closed except the hospital, fire dept, police. Even snow plows are off the road - it's too dangerous. My office is closed so I am working from home as long as the power stays on.
Here is the wonderful view out my front door right now. It is supposed to get even worse later tonight and go on for another 24 hours. I am at least grateful I am safe at home with my family.
Positive (and maybe warm) thoughts are welcome.

IMG_1725[1].JPG

Right?! You have to have fun at work.
Otherwise it's a job!

Wait...
The best part of this one is, I applied for it yesterday and I'm already scheduled for an interview. I wish all of them were like this.
Given a choice, which would you pick?
Beautiful sunny morning here and it is only -30 with the windchill
Brrr...
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday we had windchills of -50C/-58F... today we're up to -11C/12F
Although it's warmer, we're gonna get snow. I don't have to shovel cold.

Here is what the webcam looking out over the harbour looked like at 11:30 am local time.
Yikes...
I have been on this earth for 46 years. I have never seen anything this bad.
Heard that on the news. That there are some meteorologists out there that have never seen anything that bad (If they've worked under 20 years.)
Sounds like it might be even worse...
I honestly don't know how we are cleaning up from this. The city has declared a state of emergency, everybody is required to go home.
Heard it was shut down.
Here is the wonderful view out my front door right now.
All I see is a snowshoer's paradise. :rolleyes:
I am at least grateful I am safe at home with my family.
Better to be home and safe for sure!

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Seeing as Jeff is clearly got naff all else to do, and the Will Smith Aladdin is now on free download, we'll go back to the old school, and tee it up nicely for him. Last one standing in La Cava for frozen Margaritas gets to take Jasmine home. And let me tell ya, if she asks you if you want to visit the cave of wonder, say YES. It's AWESOME. But a little bit dusty.

Have a great weekend fellas. Look after yourself over there @Terra Nova guy

London out.

Otherwise it's a job!

Wait...

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Given a choice, which would you pick?

Tough one, but I'd say the court job. It'll be with the state so I can get into the pension system.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Seeing as Jeff is clearly got naff all else to do, and the Will Smith Aladdin is now on free download, we'll go back to the old school, and tee it up nicely for him. Last one standing in La Cava for frozen Margaritas gets to take Jasmine home. And let me tell ya, if she asks you if you want to visit the cave of wonder, say YES. It's AWESOME. But a little bit dusty.

London out.

I still have a couple of more hours to go, but I'll get there. The plus about working on Monday is, both my boss and lead are going to be gone, so I'll be able to chill and work at my own pace.

A Canadian who doesn't drink beer, sounds un-Americain to me.

An un-American Canadian? :rotfl2:

Or coffee. I'll get the pitchforks.

*Quickly hides my "I don't drink coffee" card* You didn't see that. *looking nervously around*

I have been on this earth for 46 years. I have never seen anything this bad. This is a blizzard to beat them all. Since they have been keeping weather records in the 1850's or so, the record for 1 day snowfall here in St. John's is 68.2 cm in 1999. I remember that one. This one will be even worse with 70-80cm! That's 2 1/2 feet for my southern friends!
I honestly don't know how we are cleaning up from this. The city has declared a state of emergency, everybody is required to go home. Everything is closed except the hospital, fire dept, police. Even snow plows are off the road - it's too dangerous. My office is closed so I am working from home as long as the power stays on.
Here is the wonderful view out my front door right now. It is supposed to get even worse later tonight and go on for another 24 hours. I am at least grateful I am safe at home with my family.

Wow! Funny thing - we set a record high temperature just a few days ago. It was 80F. Today is in the lower 40s F and foggy/rainy. This big cold front is blasting much of the US this weekend.

We'll be suffering tomorrow, too. We may get up to 1 cm of snow.

Good luck! Hope one of these works out for you.

There's a harbor there?

This one will be even worse with 70-80cm! That's 2 1/2 feet for my southern friends!

Hang in there, Jeff! You don't get to sit through a Storm of the Century very often. Maybe once in 50 years. :rolleyes1

Well it's official, I applied to an apartment today. Finally going to be moving out of MILs house and back out on our own again!

Congratulations!

*Quickly hides my "I don't drink coffee" card* You didn't see that. *looking nervously around*

I didn't drink coffee for 30 years. Then my son was born.

Probably doesn't like poutine or maple syrop either and doesn't curl.

Or fancy a cheeky bunk up with Neve Campbell.

I bet he was even rude to someone once.

Happy Friday. A few hours at work, tennis, and then home for some load management. Watching Thor Dark World & Ragnorok on Disney+

Howdy! I am popping in for my semi-annual appearance on the boards - kind of like a semi-annual Groundhog Day. :teeth:

The APs will expire exactly one year from the date of first activation. It sounds like it should be a great vacation! Where are you staying?
DW and I are upgrading our park tickets we are getting for DD's Summit trip in May to APs, since we will be heading back to The World in late June. It was a no-brainer, considering the DVC discount for Gold APs.

Good to see you John. Thanks for the info as its our first APs. I was hoping to get a 2nd July trip the following year. I know we could go in June, but summer is busy tennis tournament time.

Just got back from Star Wars...
Don't know what all the fuss is about... meaning people not liking it for plot holes or whatever. My sister and I both loved it.
So in your face, people who didn't! :laughing:

Okay, got it. Here we have RESPs. Registered Education Savings Plan.
You put money in an RESP and the government kicks in an extra 20%. (plus whatever interest it accrues over time).
Not too many gigs where you get a guaranteed rate of return of 20%.
If your kid doesn't go to school, you get your principal and interest back. Otherwise, the kid gets it.

Haven't seen new Star Wars. I was just too disappointed in the last one. I'll wait for it to be on Disney+.

Morning, Gents! Blustery day yesterday, and last night. I had the pleasure of working in the warehouse yesterday, when the wind really gets blowing, the large door at receiving, makes a farting sound, as it vibrates. To say I had a chuckle over this is an understatement.

Well, off to work. Have a great day, everyone.

I thought so. :teeth:

Fart jokes are always funny.

Morning, gents.

That's a lot of snow. We may get that in one year. May.

Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 hours of driving today to and from our manufacturing / distribution facility south of the mother ship, just north of the TN / Bama border. Winter, for Nashville, is here starting with a ton of rain tomorrow and then some low temps in the teens on Sunday. Enjoy the weekend.

To all the Canadian contingent stay warm and safe - especially to you Jeff. And close the door please you're letting the penguins loose.

Too bad it wasn't 3 hours north. Would have been nice to get together for lunch. Safe travels.

Brrrrr….Mother Nature you can be one cruel witch sometimes...

@declansdad @pkondz @budamacdvcr Thanks for the thoughts guys. I have been on this earth for 46 years. I have never seen anything this bad. This is a blizzard to beat them all. Since they have been keeping weather records in the 1850's or so, the record for 1 day snowfall here in St. John's is 68.2 cm in 1999. I remember that one. This one will be even worse with 70-80cm! That's 2 1/2 feet for my southern friends!

View attachment 465770

Funny about the differences in our countries. State of Emergency here means the local government can get Federal money. Still have to go to work.

Well it's official, I applied to an apartment today. Finally going to be moving out of MILs house and back out on our own again!

Good luck.

London out.

The Cave of Wonders looked really expansive to me. No way I could handle that.

Wow! Funny thing - we set a record high temperature just a few days ago. It was 80F. Today is in the lower 40s F and foggy/rainy. This big cold front is blasting much of the US this weekend.

That's a big change in one day.

We'll be suffering tomorrow, too. We may get up to 1 cm of snow.

I'm impressed you know how much 1 cm is.

There's a harbor there?

This is what it is suppose to look like from that camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter