DDP and Mobile Ordering Snacks - Soup at CHH snack credit?

catccc

Earning My Ears
We'll be at WDW in about a week. I'm checking out mobile ordering at Columbia Harbour House and I see that some sides (green beans, couscous, etc.) say "qualifies as a snack" in grey font under the menu item. I do NOT see this same note under the soups, the clam chowder and the veggie chili. All ears' menu that was updated 3/18 says they still qualify as snacks. Any idea if they still do, and if it is possible to order them on the mobile app as snacks? I was planning on using snacks to boost my family's real meal food intake buy getting soups at places like CHH and BOG. I hope I still can!

I used a snack credit for the chow back in December, sorry if my info is not as accurate and up to date!

We'll be at WDW in about a week. I'm checking out mobile ordering at Columbia Harbour House and I see that some sides (green beans, couscous, etc.) say "qualifies as a snack" in grey font under the menu item. I do NOT see this same note under the soups, the clam chowder and the veggie chili. All ears' menu that was updated 3/18 says they still qualify as snacks. Any idea if they still do, and if it is possible to order them on the mobile app as snacks? I was planning on using snacks to boost my family's real meal food intake buy getting soups at places like CHH and BOG. I hope I still can!

Can you tell me what your experience was? I noticed the exact same thing and came here to search for answer. If they are still a snack credit, could you use mobile ordering with your ddp for those items? Thanks!

You know what?! I never tried it! I used mobile ordering once the entire trip, for a dole whip at MK. (It was fine, but I ordered while I was in line and the time savings were minimal.)

I really wish I paid attention to the menu at CHH to see if the snack symbol was next to the soup when I was there, but alas I didn't order it. But at BOG, I was able to use a snack credit for soup no problem! And the additional snack on the meal plan (v. when I went in 2016) resulted in a massive amount of extra food, IMO. Probably only if you use your credits wisely, though. My family of 4 tore through world showcase with wild abandon, eating through 18 snack credits in one afternoon. It was so fun to say yes to everything. It was all delicious and I was beyond stuffed!!

If you are going soon, please come back and post your experience here for others!

Thanks so much for the reply!

My family of 4 tore through world showcase with wild abandon, eating through 18 snack credits in one afternoon. It was so fun to say yes to everything. It was all delicious and I was beyond stuffed!!
That is why I love the dining plan!! We haven't had it on our last couple of trips, I'm super excited to have it this trip again.

If you are going soon, please come back and post your experience here for others!
We're going in July so I still have a bit to wait, but if I do try this I will definitely post.

FYI: During lunch, I could not use a snack credit for the French Onion soup at BOG during my recent vacation (March, 2018). Hope you can at Columbia Harbour House. Have a great vacation.

FYI: During lunch, I could not use a snack credit for the French Onion soup at BOG during my recent vacation (March, 2018). Hope you can at Columbia Harbour House. Have a great vacation.

BoG pre-order is a completely different system than all the other QS mobile order.

With that being said, did you pre-order your lunch and were not able to use a snack credit or were you trying to do so at the kiosk? Yours is the first I've seen that they may have taken the soup off the snack eligible item list.

BoG pre-order is a completely different system than all the other QS mobile order.

With that being said, did you pre-order your lunch and were not able to use a snack credit or were you trying to do so at the kiosk? Yours is the first I've seen that they may have taken the soup off the snack eligible item list.

I ordered lunch at the kiosk, not the pre-order system. The cast member stated that the soup was not snack eligible, so I had to pay for the soup as a room charge.

Had chowder in may at chh. Tried to mobile order, but the system tried to charge me a quick service meal for the soup. Ordered at the counter instead and got it for a snack credit.

Has anyone been able to get the French onion soup at bog for a snack credit recently? If so did you preorder on the website or just order at the kiosk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!