DDP and Split Stay

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
How does DDP and a split stay work? We are using DVC and staying at BLT, but we are under two reservations since I am using my points for one and my DM is using her points for the other. We want to DDP for the whole time. Do we have to use all of our entitlements by the end of the first stay or can they carry over like on a normal reservation?

they do not carry over, but you will have until midnight of check out day for your first reservation to use them. Pay close attention to make sure they deduct the right credits the day you will technically have both plans active.

How does DDP and a split stay work? We are using DVC and staying at BLT, but we are under two reservations since I am using my points for one and my DM is using her points for the other. We want to DDP for the whole time. Do we have to use all of our entitlements by the end of the first stay or can they carry over like on a normal reservation?

You will have to use all your credits from the first stay before the credits for the second stay will kick in, so be sure you don't have 2 TS restaurants that don't have enough credits on that transition day. You can use credits for one person from first stay and credits for other person from second stay, but you'll need two checks to do that.

You have two separate room reservations, so you have two separate dining plans. On your transition day, one plan will be on its final day before expiration while the other is just starting. Remember that you can't combine credits between the two plans (to use them for a 2 credit restaurant, for example) and make sure credits are being pulled from the correct plan on the transition day.

I hope its ok to jump on this thread and ask a question just to make sure that I am understanding things.
So I have a three part trip first at Dolphin which of course has no DDP, then VGF which I have DDP for and then Poly DDP. I will have one Table service left over from my VGF stay when I check into PolyV, I had hoped to use my left over TS at lunch that day (since they don't expire until 11:59 pm), will this be possible and how do I explain this to server and how do they have to handle it to ensure it isn't taken from my new credits?

I hope its ok to jump on this thread and ask a question just to make sure that I am understanding things.
So I have a three part trip first at Dolphin which of course has no DDP, then VGF which I have DDP for and then Poly DDP. I will have one Table service left over from my VGF stay when I check into PolyV, I had hoped to use my left over TS at lunch that day (since they don't expire until 11:59 pm), will this be possible and how do I explain this to server and how do they have to handle it to ensure it isn't taken from my new credits?
All credits (including snacks) from the VGF stay must be used before any credits from the PVB stay can be accessed. So, this should just work and there’s no reason to discuss anything with your server.

I will have one Table service left over from my VGF stay when I check into PolyV, I had hoped to use my left over TS at lunch that day (since they don't expire until 11:59 pm),

What supersnoop says is correct, so it SHOULD be seamless. If, for some reason, it is not, just go to guest services at the Poly and they will fix it all for you.

Jumping in with a different question, do you need to get two different sets of refillable cups when you do a split stay? Or would the cups from the first stay still work at the second stay?

Jumping in with a different question, do you need to get two different sets of refillable cups when you do a split stay? Or would the cups from the first stay still work at the second stay?
I was wondering this as well. I would assume we get a second set of cups.

You're entitled to another set of cups but unless you're staying more than 14 days in all you don't absolutely need to redeem the second set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!