DDP question

hebomom

Earning My Ears
I know there has been mentioned that they pool your credits together and don't differentiate between meals. Thus, if we know that we'll have to pay for some meals, could we pay cash for some kids meals and use the meal credits for adult meals at a later time?

I believe tha credits are credits, so there is no way to tell if they were used for kid's meals or adult's.

Disney currently doesn't account for the credits separately. Like many other aspects of the program, this is subject to change without notice.

What you're hearing over the telephone is the way the program is being sold. It's what you're actually being promised. The way the program is administered is more lenient than the actual terms and conditions of the program.

To clear it up: You're buying separate adult and child credits, so your safest approach is to decide whether to buy the dining plan based on that assumption. However, it is very likely that when you visit, the dining plan will still operate as it does today, where the information system will not keep adult and child credits separate.

I've already purchased the plan for our trip in Sept., I was just wondering if my best bet would be to pay for the 3.99 kids meals and keep the credits for adult meals.

At least as long as they don't change the information systems, you'll have to follow your own conscience with regard to that.

FWIW, if I bought adult and child credits, I'd use them for adult and child meals.

For me too, it is a matter of conscience. If I bought childs credits, I would not feel it was right to use them for adult meals. I also feel I would be teaching my children to be devious at best and dishonest at worst, and I do not want to do that.

hebomom said:
I've already purchased the plan for our trip in Sept., I was just wondering if my best bet would be to pay for the 3.99 kids meals and keep the credits for adult meals.

Are you a DVC member?

I believe that the dining plan is FREE in September for people purchasing packages with $ . It is not free to DVC......so, if I had paid for the dining plan, I'd call my TA to see if I could re-book with the free plan.

There is no such thing as child's credits. You don't buy individual credits. Everyone in the room has to pay 37.99/day to be on the plan. Like with room charges and themepark tickets, they give families a break and charge only $10.99/day for guests between the ages of 3-9. However, the way the plan is currently sold, documented and administered is that all credits are pooled, and anyone in your party can use any available credits up until midnight of the day you check out. This is the way disney has planned it, implemented it, and has kept it.

Enjoy!

We've used the DP twice (once paid for, once free) Both times the credits where all pooled. The first time we actually ended up using "adult" credits for a few kids meals as my mom and I shared a few TS meals. I don't bother tracking "adult" vs "child". Also, we have left the world both times with unused snack credits even after treating strangers to ice creams. And we've filled up several bags on our last day for airplane food, etc. to use up our last CS credits.

The first time we used the plan it was brand new (Jan. 05) and there was some confusion using it. What's CS breakfast? inc. dessert?, etc. I learned after we returned that we were allowed dessert with CS-didn't realize it and didn't get it. Last time we used it there was less confusion (Sept. 05) however, we even had different experiences at the same restaurant. At Kona we ordered the filet two different times. The second time we ordered it our server asked if we wanted to add the scallops-it's included in the DP. Of course we did. Our server for the first meal never mentioned it. So, if you wonder what's inc. don't hesitate to ask. Scallops at Kona, smoothies at Park Faire, etc. Remember, the higher the bill, the more tip the server receives. They get 18% of the total bill (as if you were paying it) therefore the higher the bill, the higher their income. JMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter