DDP with Family of 3 DD is 2

mcgrawfan

Peace Love Mickey Mouse
I am finally leaning towards doing the DDP. Can anyone who has just been a family of 3 with a child around 2 who has done the DDP give me any tips? I am wondering if it is possible to split meals with her and not have to purchase a lot of kids meals. I have thought about bringing applesauce cups and fruit cups with us and then giving her some of our main dishes. What have others done?? TIA

We just got back. My 2 kids spilt meals often, or my youngest spilt with me. One times we did buy her a meal and just paid cash (actually room charge) for it.

Places that are all you can eat, under 2 are free!

I think it works out better when you have 2 young kids, and have the kids spilt a meal then 2 adults and once kid, but it really depends on what your child like to eat. For my DD has food allergies and as her mommy (nursing) I have to follow the same diet, so food off my plate is safe for her.

Good luck. :thumbsup2

We have done the dining plan twice with a 2 year old - once right after he turned 2 and once right before he turned 3.
At counter service we always got the two adult meals and shared with him.
At the buffets he was free and got his own plate.
At 'Ohana and Whispering Canyon, he ate from our food - they brought him his own plate at 'Ohana and I had to ask for one at Whispering Canyon.
At many/most table services places he shared with us - Captain Jacks, le Cellier, Prime Time, Rose and Crown. At a few places, we ordered things I didn't think he would eat, so I ordered him a kids meal - for instance I got blackended catfish at Coral Reef, so I ordered something else for him.
Hope that helps.

Last year with my son, then 2yo, we paid OOP for his counter service meals, usually $3.99. For our table service meals we ate at Ohana's, Chef Mickey's, Donald's, Whispering Canyon, and Shutters (here, Shutters that is, he was simply exhausted, slept through the entire dinner and ate OOP from the food court back at the resort). We had absolutely no problems with him eating at any of those restaurants, with no charge, at WCC, DH and DD had the skillet, which he shared with them. If you do the dining plan, just make sure you tell them upfront that he is "2", as they may deducted credits for him too (we had that happen at Ohana, but they did correct that error).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter