• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

De-lurking!

vpalmer

DIS Veteran
Hi, my name is Veronica and I am in the process of planning our first DW trip with our DD who will be 2 1/2. I have gained so much knowledge from the DIS Boards already and look forward to using the Boards and all of your wonderful advice in my planning.

Thanks!

Veronica

I think we have made most of the big decisions although I have yet to make any reservations. I am waiting to hear some real world experience on using the MYW dining plan first! We are going December 3-10 and staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

Just wanted to say welcome to the boards.You will certainly get lots of great info here,I do!We're planning for next trip for November,and I can't wait!
Have fun,December will be here before you know it!
Kirsten in snowy Nova Scotia (NO SCHOOL AGAIN,2nd time this week!) :cool1: :earboy2:

Welcome Veronica!

So glad you decided to post. You will absolutely love Wilderness Lodge, especially at that time of year. We're planning on going down in September this year but we generally go in December.

We made our first family pilgrimage to the house of mouse December 4th-13th of '04.

I can tell you we had an absolutley fabulous time. Great time of year to visit. X-mas is in the air and lines are non-existant! Our kids are 9,8 & 5. They loved it. So did we!

We loved it so much we are now DVC members.... we will be visiting the mouse every year!

One of the best tips I got (from here) was to take hats & gloves for the kids (and adults too). We bought Mickey winter hats & matching gloves at wal-mart for less than $6 each. They were wonderful. Only needed them for a couple of nights, but we were able to continue enjoying the parks when many others were leaving.

Have fun!

Veronica

Welcome to the Disboard :wave:

We went this past year to the MVMCP and stayed at the WL the first week in Dec. There is not much I can say but have fun and enjoy the decor.

Have a Disney Day
John :jumping4:

Welcome Veronica :wave:

Don't be afraid to ask anything even if it sounds stupid for I am sure the are others who once wondered the same thing and the kind people here took the time to answer it. Most of all have fun. Glad you finally decided to de-lerk I have found this board to be extremely helpful and there are so many caring people on this board. Most of all I am learning it can also be alot of fun to share our love for Disney.
:flower1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :flower1:

Welcome - these boards have been wonderful with advice on how to get Cindy ressies and Illuminations cruise ressies - as well as many other things- I couldn't have done it without the advice I got from the boards- the folks here continue to feed my disney addiction every day - sometimes twice a day -lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter