Deal too good to pass up, or will see it again?

erinanne

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I've been toying with the idea of a Disney vacation for end of winter/early spring next year but wasn't 100% committed. I ending up finding a deal through the Disney Visa card in mid February that seemed pretty good so I snagged it. But, we were just invited to do a spring break trip with my parents and brother and his wife in March and am thinking it might be too much- Disney in Feb and Spring Break in March.

My question is- how good of deal did I find? I'm not too versed in what typical prices are as I've never stayed in the park before. We visited over 2 years ago but stayed off-site. I booked 6 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a standard room, with a 6 day park pass and the Disney Table Service Dining Plan for just over $2900. This is only for my son and I, so one adult, one child. If it's a not-going-to-see again deal, then I will plan to do both. But if it's likely I can wait another year or two and still find a similar deal I may rethink and reschedule.

I appreciate any feedback! I figure people on here pay closer attention to the prices and would have better insight :)

That looks like a savings of about 2k, or 40% off the rack rate for the package you purchased. I don't remember ever seeing anything that good from my Disney Visa card! That being said, it doesn't matter how much you can save if it isn't the right timing for your trip. You will get other good offers if you'd rather travel next winter, or next year. I didn't run numbers on the Deluxe resorts, but booking the same trip at a Moderate (Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs) with the free-dining promo for this Nov or Dec would have cost about $2100, including the cost to upgrade the dining plan. If you are really looking to save money, then paying for dining out of pocket could probably save you more with room only discounts at the Deluxe's. Yes, you got a really good deal, but I don't think it is the only good deal you'll ever find. Of course with the rate at which Disney is raising prices, everything could easily start at a 30% higher cost in a couple years, so who knows!

If you decide to do both trips, you'll probably want to upgrade your tickets during the first trip to Annual Passes. Many people would consider trips that close together 'too much' Disney, but I know my family would love it. We typically plan 4-6 separate WDW trips in the years we purchase AP's, which means a lot travelling all the way from Texas!

I too have seen the Disney Visa Cardholder room rate discounts.
I booked mid February at ASMu but did see the AKL and would have loved to snag it but my friend is looking to go as cost efficiently as possible.
It's 35% savings. It is not unheard of for a deluxe to get that type of savings but it seems like with that particular offer there's much better availability offered making it a better deal in my opinion.
For the time frame I was looking at it was basically making a standard at AKL around the same price as you'd see a moderate going for at rack rate.
If I were you I'd keep it.
And heck I don't think two disney trips in a short period of time is "too much" but that's just me lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter