Dec 2020 Sapphire vs Royal Pacific (w/Unlimited Express) ?

Brewerfan101

Earning My Ears
So, we're thinking about Splitting a stay (I know, I know there's a thread about Splits), around Dec 2 - 10 between US/IOA and WDW.

Does it make sense to stay at Royal Pacific, which will include the Unlimited Express of course, or go a cheaper route by staying at Sapphire Falls and "playing it by ear" as to whether we'll need to purchase Express Pass based on Crowds once we are there? Does one Hotel offer significantly better amenities?

I'm thinking Dec 2 check in, Dec 5 check out, and a 3 Day, 2 Park to Park Ticket. At what time do the Tickets begin and expire on Check-In/Check-out Days?

Also, we haven't been to US for nearly 20 years (and that was for just a day, hopping over from WDW), and I read some comments that US is more relaxing than WDW, in what way?

I'm hoping WDW will be a bit more relaxing, take in some "Headliners" (Mtns) at MK, and Hollywood Studios (By next Dec there could be quite a Few), but try to just enjoy some of the ambiance of the Holidays, including Candlelight Processional. And do the intense stuff at US/IOA.

Thanks

Since you have not been to the darkside in the last 20 years, go for RP and stay at the premier hotel

Even if park crowds are low, still worth it

I've stayed at RPR twice and loved it both times. I love how close it is to the parks and city walk. The theme of the resort is nicely done as well.

Have you checked to see if RP is available on those dates you wanted?

I do know they are fully booked on some dates we are there this year....we arrive Nov 29th till Dec 10th.

I would recommend doing Universal at the end of the vacation, as it is much more relaxing than Disney. Disney was always about planning, pre-planning, and pre-pre-planning. What rides we would do, which parks has the lowest crowds each day, and where we want to eat. If you end up at RP with express pass, the only planning you would do is necessary because you don't have much experience at Universal. You can just show up and go to either park (the Hogwarts train makes it easy to switch), have very small waits at most rides (because of EP from RP), and no reservations needed at dinnertime in CityWalk.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it might be cheaper to get annual passes than 3-day park-to-park tickets. According to the Universal site, both actually cost the same ($305). However, the annual passes open up special APH rates at the hotels. So you could actually save money and come back for a 2nd or 3rd trip within the next 12 months :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter