December 1st, 2017 - 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Repo Cruise from San Juan to Miami

The disboards FE list is slowly growing. I'll cut it off at 1 month prior to the cruise, and as time gets a little closer I'll give everyone the link for it. If you'd like the link earlier, just send me a PM.
I'd like to join the FE list as well. Thanks for coordinating it. I will PM as soon as it becomes an option as I just joined.

I'd like to join the FE list as well. Thanks for coordinating it. I will PM as soon as it becomes an option as I just joined.

Sounds good! Welcome to disboards and welcome to the cruise! :welcome: Is this your first cruise and/or disney cruise? Please feel free to ask away, and hopefully as the cruise gets closer we'll get some more discussion going on the boards!

Sounds good! Welcome to disboards and welcome to the cruise! :welcome: Is this your first cruise and/or disney cruise? Please feel free to ask away, and hopefully as the cruise gets closer we'll get some more discussion going on the boards!
We have cruised close to 20 times but this is the first on disney. So excited! We have 5 adults and 1 toddler...and we are planning on one adult taking each night in with him. Do you know how we can find out what the other shows are besides Rapunzel? Also, is the only way to PM to comment 10 time or is there something I'm missing?

Welcome to disney cruising then. We absolutely love it! We went on 13 Disney cruises before our daughter was born. We've cruised another line with family, but we prefer disney over that line. We're totally willing to trying out some other cruise lines though.

We'll be cruising with our 2 year old (she turns 2 just before the cruise). Last year we cruised over her 1st birthday and it was wonderful. The wait staff did a wonderful job with her at dinner each night--even cutting up her food so we didn't have to, and they kept her entertained if she started getting cranky (we had late dining last year). We ended up using the nursery each night (after the first two nights) for the show, as she was more interested in walking around than sitting to watch the show. They were wonderful with her in the nursery (even when she got cranky). It would be awesome if one of you will stay in each night so the rest of you can go enjoy the after 9pm entertainment.

I know three of the shows will be: Tangled (Rapunzel), Disney Dreams (awesome show), and Twice Charmed (a twist on the Cinderella story). There will most likely be a show called Remember the Magic on the final night of the cruise. There will be various variety acts for the nights without a DCL broadway style show. The performers usually do an adults only show that's not PG in the night clubs later after 9.

There will be a pirate deck party with fireworks, a sail away party (adventures away), and various holiday activities throughout the cruise.

You do need to have 10 posts before you can send a PM.

Hello everyone, we'll be joining you on this cruise. We originally sailed DCL (Magic Eastern) in 2003 for our 10th anniversary when my kids were 4 and 8 and it was truly magical. This will be our first "no-kids" cruise since our honeymoon, we'll be sailing for our 25th anniversary. DH's 6th and my 7th DCL. My "4 year old" turned 19 today. :crazy2:

Not sure where we are going at this point or what itinerary changes we may have but we're just looking forward to being on the Magic again.

Hello everyone, we'll be joining you on this cruise. We originally sailed DCL (Magic Eastern) in 2003 for our 10th anniversary when my kids were 4 and 8 and it was truly magical. This will be our first "no-kids" cruise since our honeymoon, we'll be sailing for our 25th anniversary. DH's 6th and my 7th DCL. My "4 year old" turned 19 today. :crazy2:

Not sure where we are going at this point or what itinerary changes we may have but we're just looking forward to being on the Magic again.

:welcome: To the cruise! We're glad you've joined us. We cruised kid free for a few years before our daughter came along, and we loved it! We're just going with the flow on this one too. Wherever the ship sails, we'll sail!

HI ALL. I'm getting a little nervous about this cruise. Is anyone else really struggling with cancelling this trip? If we weren't leaving from San Juan it would be fine with me because I don't really care where we go, but I am nervous about flying in the day before the cruise. Has anyone checked with their hotels to see if everything is ok ? Has anyone tried to switch or cancel this cruise with Disney? I have travel insurance so I am hoping this will cover any last minute changes by Disney, most notably the departing port! I really feel for the people in San Juan but if we can't get into the airport and stay the night before what are we going to do? Sorry for the dumping, I just would like to know if anyone is feeling this anxiety??? We are group of 8 and they all are relying on me to make the decision!

HI ALL. I'm getting a little nervous about this cruise. Is anyone else really struggling with cancelling this trip? If we weren't leaving from San Juan it would be fine with me because I don't really care where we go, but I am nervous about flying in the day before the cruise. Has anyone checked with their hotels to see if everything is ok ? Has anyone tried to switch or cancel this cruise with Disney? I have travel insurance so I am hoping this will cover any last minute changes by Disney, most notably the departing port! I really feel for the people in San Juan but if we can't get into the airport and stay the night before what are we going to do? Sorry for the dumping, I just would like to know if anyone is feeling this anxiety??? We are group of 8 and they all are relying on me to make the decision!

I feel you. I was contemplating hopping onto another cruise. The recovery is slow and there is still widespread devastation. We called our hotel and they said they were going to try to be up and running by 1 October but I know there is still scarce food and water and power and people are fleeing the island. I have no idea what the status of commercial flights out of the airport is. Are the roads cleared? Will there be fuel for transportation and enough people to drive taxis, etc? What about restaurants? There is a lot up in the air and it really doesn't look promising for the people of PR. If Disney does make an embarkation change, I hope they give us enough time to handle the logistical issues of reworking travel to the port. Who knows? This is an incredibly unique scenario given the number and strength of these storms. I'm anxious right with you.

I'm more nervous than my husband is, but that's me being a mommy and a woman. :tongue: Just found out (via our hotel's website) that they are now no longer accepting new or existing reservations through Dec 15th. I guess we'll have to find a new hotel. I'm patiently waiting for DCL to make a decision about whether or not to go out of SJ. I'm prepared to change flights and hotel to Miami if that's where they move to. The cruise before ours (NY to SJ) is scheduled to only make one stop (Tortola), which I highly doubt it will do. I'm wondering if DCL will change the one stop and then change the arrival port to Miami or PC. We shall see!

I am also on the "wait and see" side at this point. We have not booked our one-night stay in San Juan but it looks like my choice hotel (Sheraton Old San Juan) is not taking any bookings or is all booked up. Personally I would not mind at all if we left from Miami and added a day at Castaway Cay instead of Tortola. Any thoughts?

Also it looks like they changed the December 2 Fantasy itinerary to an Western. My guess is we will know very soon if they change our itinerary.

I noticed they changed the Dec 2nd Fantasy. I think we have to wait for them to figure out the cruise prior to ours (NY-SJ). It's a repositioning cruise and it's required that they go to a "distant" foreign port, and the Bahamas do not count. There's another thread discussing it and explaining it all. I wonder if there is some sort of waiver that DCL can get allowing them to go from NY to Miami. Our hotel in SJ is no longer accepting new or existing reservations through Dec 15th, so we changed hotels. We plan on going with the ship--as long as it goes.

What is the "distant" foreign port in this equation: Tortola or San Juan? And what hotel did you reserve? I wanted to book the Sheraton Old San Juan but it is unavailable on November 30.

I just got this response from our Marriott hotel in San Juan. This is the Courtyard Marriott Miramar. We get in after five on the 30th so we just wanted a Marriott we could use the least points. Looks to be ok for now. Now I just have to wait for Disney and the airport. Maybe there is hope!!

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care. I have been forwarded your e-mail. Thankfully the hotel did not receive much damage. We are currently opened with limited service as we are running on a generator that provides electricity to our hotel. Guest rooms and common areas have electricity and wifi as well. Only one of our 2 restaurants is currently open which is Ariel Restaurant. The second restaurant Comedor is closed until further notice as they don't have a generator yet. Walking distance there are more restaurants that have been opening as time passes by; as well as the supermarket, local pharmacy and bank.

I hope this has answered your questions. We are looking forward to having you during your upcoming visit to Puerto Rico. If there is anything else I can further assist you with, please do not hesitate on contacting us at the hotel.

At your service,

I just got this response from our Marriott hotel in San Juan. This is the Courtyard Marriott Miramar. We get in after five on the 30th so we just wanted a Marriott we could use the least points. Looks to be ok for now. Now I just have to wait for Disney and the airport. Maybe there is hope!!

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care. I have been forwarded your e-mail. Thankfully the hotel did not receive much damage. We are currently opened with limited service as we are running on a generator that provides electricity to our hotel. Guest rooms and common areas have electricity and wifi as well. Only one of our 2 restaurants is currently open which is Ariel Restaurant. The second restaurant Comedor is closed until further notice as they don't have a generator yet. Walking distance there are more restaurants that have been opening as time passes by; as well as the supermarket, local pharmacy and bank.

I hope this has answered your questions. We are looking forward to having you during your upcoming visit to Puerto Rico. If there is anything else I can further assist you with, please do not hesitate on contacting us at the hotel.

At your service,
Thanks for posting this. We had reservations at Hyatt place San Juan and they are now closed until January 1. Hoping we get clarity soon on the cruise soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!