December 2017! Finding Elusive FPs

CanuckGirl78

Mouseketeer
The thread allow DIS'ers to post FPs they are planning to cancel to help those looking, find hard-to-get FPs (eg, FOP, SDMT, FEA, etc.). It’s also an opportunity to celebrate when you’ve that elusive FP!

At times, DIS'ers may be able to wait to cancel and offer to coordinate a time to release the FP. When posting a cancel, please indicate if it is cancelled or you are willing to coordinate via conversation, formerly PM. ALL coordination must be handled via Conversation/PM. Please post that you have cancelled or when you plan to.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread: Disney is not immediately releasing Canceled FoP FPs back into the Availability pool.

Some TAs are advising to check for FoP FPs at midnight or before the FP booking window opens at 7:00a if you couldn’t find any during your initial booking attempts.

Disney is releasing ‘day of’ FoP FPs. Because the open FP slots are random, the FPs are likely from the Canceled lot from Guests.

Whatever Disney is doing regarding availability of Canceled FoP FPs is intermittent. The only confirmed info is the availability of FoP FPs that are released ‘day of’ for that specific day.

The guaranteed way to transfer unwanted FoP FPs is to link MDEs and use Change Party to transfer the FPs. This is not advocated unless both parties involved know how to not mess up someone else’s plans.

10:10am fop is showing as available on 12/14...doesn't work for me as I'm looking for evening but thought I'd post since that's the first time in over a week anything has showed up at all on days I've been checking.

Thanks for doing this. I'm looking for 12/18 FOP for 3. Any time of course.

So based on the delayed release of some cancelled Fps, how complicated is it to link MDEs (with strangers?!)? Makes me nervous, but mostly because I'm a Disney newbie and awfully green behind my [Mickey] ears.

I posted this in another thread: Disney is not immediately releasing Canceled FoP FPs back into the Availability pool.

Some TAs are advising to check for FoP FPs at midnight or before the FP booking window opens at 7:00a if you couldn’t find any during your initial booking attempts.

Disney is releasing ‘day of’ FoP FPs. Because the open FP slots are random, the FPs are likely from the Canceled lot from Guests.

Whatever Disney is doing regarding availability of Canceled FoP FPs is intermittent. The only confirmed info is the availability of FoP FPs that are released ‘day of’ for that specific day.

The guaranteed way to transfer unwanted FoP FPs is to link MDEs and use Change Party to transfer the FPs. This is not advocated unless both parties involved know how to not mess up someone else’s plans.

I think that this varies. Prior to having my 7 days of FP booked I played around with it a lot (especially FOP). I did see availability for FOP pop up randomly prior to day of and I also saw my own dropped FP's show up immediately. I wouldn't go wagering money on being able to do a swap or drop for someone but I also wouldn't say they aren't going back into circulation immediately either.

Thanks for doing this. I'm looking for 12/18 FOP for 3. Any time of course.

So based on the delayed release of some cancelled Fps, how complicated is it to link MDEs (with strangers?!)? Makes me nervous, but mostly because I'm a Disney newbie and awfully green behind my [Mickey] ears.
don't link with strangers unless you're desperate..Disney IT is the worst,a few years back our linking had so many issues, it took HOURS on the phone to sort through it all...I still have an issue with my Dsis and her acct from that(she can current;y view and modify all my plans) that I never even gave permission for,and can't seem to alter it. Fortunately I trust her. My point is the technology for doing this is pretty dicey.

I think that this varies. Prior to having my 7 days of FP booked I played around with it a lot (especially FOP). I did see availability for FOP pop up randomly prior to day of and I also saw my own dropped FP's show up immediately. I wouldn't go wagering money on being able to do a swap or drop for someone but I also wouldn't say they aren't going back into circulation immediately either.
Did you see them popping up immediately prior to the ‘day of’ FP drops? The drops have been occurring for a couple of months now.

I did see the day of drops and on the day of they do show up more often. I watched the day before a lot because I find that the day before (evening before to be more exact) there is a lot of movement of people dropping FP's as they change their plans. The one specific one I am thinking about happened since the day of drops. It was only 1 time that popped up (not day of) and I grabbed it. No other times were available after I took it. A short while later I dropped it and within 30 seconds that specific time (and only that time) showed as available again. I only stopped watching within the past couple of weeks because I had to make my Dec. FP's.

I did see the day of drops and on the day of they do show up more often. I watched the day before a lot because I find that the day before (evening before to be more exact) there is a lot of movement of people dropping FP's as they change their plans. The one specific one I am thinking about happened since the day of drops. It was only 1 time that popped up (not day of) and I grabbed it. No other times were available after I took it. A short while later I dropped it and within 30 seconds that specific time (and only that time) showed as available again. I only stopped watching within the past couple of weeks because I had to make my Dec. FP's.
Thanks! It’s also dependent upon the time slot of the dropped FP.

Day of FPs are showing up for early afternoon and beyond.

And this thread isn’t running as a true Canceled thread but may be helpful to some. :)

lol that's because all of us are looking for fp...hopefully some people that actually have some to drop will join. :rotfl2:
Lol, also because I am not a moderator and i don't think I have the ability to delete folks' posts!! It really was just meant as a chance to give folks who were looking for a FP an opportunity to see if anyone was going to cancel their FP, so they could look out for it on MDE. I updated the "guidelines" to reflect the fact that no deleting of posts will occur :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!