December 2018 car rental thread

Ritaroo

Earning My Ears
Hello....like many, I'm a huuuuge pre-planner and have had our car booked for a good couple of months already. Somehow I managed to get a VERY good prices (in comparison to what I'm seeing now) via Priceline/Budget. Our thing is that we're only going to be in the Orlando area for 2 days before heading to Miami for a cruise, so renting when we arrive at the airport at 5:30 am (wonder if there are lines at that hour??) ... driving over to our hotel near WDW and heading to the park. We will be dropping the car off in Miami, which seems to drive the cost up unfortunately. Anyone else have that experience and any advice?
Thanks!
Rita

Been checking since last Feb. when I got a rsvp from Budget for full size, using a groupon added code, for $226 the code is gone a couple of days after I used it. Waiting for next round of codes that will be good and will be posted after June 30th.
BUT I continually almost daily check and was surprised to fin that beginning this week jumped app $100 across almost all car rental sites.

Watching for New Years week. EGADS over $500 without taxes, wanting a S U V or van; whichever is cheaper.

Just found a code on mouse savers which takes $50 off from the previous rates I’ve found. You are supposed to be a mousesaver subscriber. You can join for free at
mousesavers.com

Code 2002500

Still not a good deal, but better than before.

Just found a code on mouse savers which takes $50 off from the previous rates I’ve found. You are supposed to be a mousesaver subscriber. You can join for free at
mousesavers.com

Code 2002500

Still not a good deal, but better than before.

It’s helpful if you both indicate what rental car company & affiliation requirement (if any) when sharing codes numbers

TIA

mousesavers.com

Code 2002500

Still not a good deal, but better than before.[/QUOTE

Sorry. Hertz

Sorry. Hertz

Thank you. Doesn’t beat the code I typically use thru USSA (you have to be a member/sign up) & they toss in a free driver.

Still, too high for me to book a placeholder. Starting to think i’m Going to get stuck paying nearly $230 for a week that starts 7/1. Never have i paid that much for a week in MCO, crazy.

FYI, I monitor all my ongoing best reservations “free” via autoslash. They have consistentlly come thru with a few lower options. normally, thru priceline but you can attempt to replicate them yourself to use your reward info to make picking up vehicle easier.

If u want to use Hertz, check out AAA rates for your club.

Also, search around for a free Gold status offer, one usually floating about.

With the ridiculous rates + Disney parking fees we will probably use a car service from MCO and use buses or the Minnie Vans and come out ahead.

My rate for 12/12-19th out of Sanford for a full size dropped yesterday by $6.00. I am at 250.00 and hoping it will continue to come down. I had a full size rented out of Sanford 7/4-7/11 and had it down to 204.10 and that was booked 2 months prior to leaving.

just rebooked through Costco for Dec 11-19 Alamo at Dolphin (staying at Boardwalk) for full size a savings of $40 now $238. Been $279 for months Pays to keep rechecking

Is anyone else starting to see good deals for December?

The best deal I have found was on 8/8/18 which was Dollar day (or something like that). It was 20% off and it is still more than I want to pay but I booked it for now. I was an avid Alamo user in the past but my last couple of trips Dollar has beat them significantly. I have had nothing but good experiences using them and I will continue to use them if they have the best rate. Still expecting to see price drops the closer we get, fingers crossed.

The best deal I have found was on 8/8/18 which was Dollar day (or something like that). It was 20% off and it is still more than I want to pay but I booked it for now. I was an avid Alamo user in the past but my last couple of trips Dollar has beat them significantly. I have had nothing but good experiences using them and I will continue to use them if they have the best rate. Still expecting to see price drops the closer we get, fingers crossed.
Thanks, my trip dates 12/22 - 1/1 were excluded from that 8/8/18 Dollar day special, so I'm still looking for a good deal. Glad you found something that at least might work for you.

Thank you for starting this thread.....my dates are 12-10 through 12-17. Usually end up with the best rate through Dollar, but am willing to use any agency.
Good luck everyone!

I'm open to any type of car. So far, the best rates I see for my trip dates 12/22 - 1/1 (I know that's a very popular time) are around $440. If anyone sees a better deal for this time period, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Just rebooked my Alamo full size SUV. Rate went from $610 to $585 for 12/8 to 12/16. Used the $25 coupon and Costco code. Fingers crossed that I can get it even lower. Need the SUV to accommodate 4 adults and 2 ECVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!