December 2018 car rental thread

This didn't specifically help me, but I received an email from Alamo with the coupon code AD2844JZJ that is good into January. It is for $10 off $100, $15/$125, $25/$175, $75/$600.

Might be worth plugging in to see if it helps...its definitely a public code.

With one week to go, rebooked Hertz fullsize with AAA discount - Dec 14-17 base $60.72/total $91.53.

Remember, Hertz discounts tend to kick in quite late -- my last couple trips its been 7-10 days out. I doubt this one will go down more, but you never know...

Alamo holding steady so far, about $20 over the Hertz rate.

EDIT: Second drop today: Hertz fullsize with AAA, no coupon - December 14-17 base $58.08, Total $88.42

Last edited:
With one week to go, rebooked Hertz fullsize with AAA discount - Dec 14-17 base $60.72/total $91.53.

Remember, Hertz discounts tend to kick in quite late -- my last couple trips its been 7-10 days out. I doubt this one will go down more, but you never know...

EDIT: Second drop today: Hertz fullsize with AAA, no coupon - December 14-17 base $58.08, Total $88.42

What is the AAA discount code? Do i need to call them to get it?

This didn't specifically help me, but I received an email from Alamo with the coupon code AD2844JZJ that is good into January. It is for $10 off $100, $15/$125, $25/$175, $75/$600.

Might be worth plugging in to see if it helps...its definitely a public code.

Interesting...I tried and it said coupon ID not found. Wonder if it is expired now?

Had two more drops at Hertz over the weekend: now down to $50.76 base/$79.70 total for a fullsize December 14-17, AAA discount. (Also was able to use 600 Hertz points for a $30 discount, so it'll be $49.70). Rate has since started going back up a bit, so I think that may be it. Can't seem to get Alamo down from $110 or so, so that one will get cancelled.

I leave tomorrow. My reservation is with Alamo. When I’ve tried to check for a lower price the past few days I get a message Alamo cars are sold out for my dates.

reservation for standard SUV for 12/29 to 01/05 went from $560 to $247
Booked directly on costco web site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter