December 2018 Discount Watch

My head hurts from thinking about all the scenarios for us :rolleyes1 Which week would be better the first or second week of December? My options are Nov 30- December 9th or December 7th -15th. I have been working with the meal prices and free dining isn't going to matter much with a discount I have on our package already soooo that means we could go the first week of December and I could add my extra park day in...

Suggestions anyone??:worship:

rumors on the FD thread are that it will drop ~ 4/23, December dates are predicted to be 7-23.

I am with ya'll. Waiting to see if rates drop for December. Did receive a mail offer through August.

My head hurts from thinking about all the scenarios for us :rolleyes1 Which week would be better the first or second week of December? My options are Nov 30- December 9th or December 7th -15th. I have been working with the meal prices and free dining isn't going to matter much with a discount I have on our package already soooo that means we could go the first week of December and I could add my extra park day in...

Suggestions anyone??:worship:

1st week of Dec. generally has slightly lower crowds but also shorter park hours but not by much.

What discount are you able to get that beats free dining? We're 4 in our party and the 20-25% off values or moderates isn't enough of a discount.

1st week of Dec. generally has slightly lower crowds but also shorter park hours but not by much.

What discount are you able to get that beats free dining? We're 4 in our party and the 20-25% off values or moderates isn't enough of a discount.

We ended up booking the week earlier, just looking at flights now. There are only two in our party so I think we will spend around the same as we would paying full rack rate with free dining. I can't post the agency I went through on the site but I believe they deal with conference rates on hotels. We decided to go with no dining plan and just pay out of pocket for meals.

rumors on the FD thread are that it will drop ~ 4/23, December dates are predicted to be 7-23.
If a room only discount happens during 12/7-12/23, and we plan on arriving a couple days before, would we still be eligible for the discount? I know with the dining discount, it's based on the arrival day. Thanks for the advice.

If a room only discount happens during 12/7-12/23, and we plan on arriving a couple days before, would we still be eligible for the discount? I know with the dining discount, it's based on the arrival day. Thanks for the advice.

RO discounts only apply to each day of your stay. For instance is there is RO for 12/7-12/23 if you arrive before 12/7 the days before 12/7 will not be eligible for the discount.

last year the RO discounts for later in the Fall did not drop until July, so December might not be covered by the RO discount which is likely to drop very soon.

RO discounts only apply to each day of your stay. For instance is there is RO for 12/7-12/23 if you arrive before 12/7 the days before 12/7 will not be eligible for the discount.

last year the RO discounts for later in the Fall did not drop until July, so December might not be covered by the RO discount which is likely to drop very soon.
Thank you

Hopefully you all have good luck with FD tomorrow. I’ll be patiently waiting/hoping for a Room Only PIN code in the meantime...:bored:

Got my preferred pool view room at Pop I already had reserved -was able to flip it over to FD! Took some patience with the website but got it!!!

Contemporary was excluded from FD this go 'round so I'm hoping for a decent RO discount in December! Consensus says that will come out in July? Are those hard to snag, like the FD?

Contemporary was excluded from FD this go 'round so I'm hoping for a decent RO discount in December! Consensus says that will come out in July? Are those hard to snag, like the FD?

It’s certainly in demand but not like this FD thread I saw (though most demand comes from value and moderate resorts). The bigger issue last year for RO was both the discount and availability were low for most room categories. You also may get lucky with a Pin Code next month :goodvibes

It’s certainly in demand but not like this FD thread I saw (though most demand comes from value and moderate resorts). The bigger issue last year for RO was both the discount and availability were low for most room categories. You also may get lucky with a Pin Code next month :goodvibes

How is the PIN code delivered?

How is the PIN code delivered?

You would likely get an email from Disney Destinations with a unique offer code. Sometimes it does come in the regular mail as well (postcard). Once people start reporting they are out you can even call and see if one is attached to your name (sometimes people have had codes but they were never delivered).

And just to add, last year it came out late May I believe. Prior years it was out this week in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!