December 2019 car rental

Booked a one day Minivan from National at the CCC for $112, Autoslash found it for me from Alamo at the CCC for $68.

Booked a compact for $229 and an intermediate SUV for $265 with Alamo through Costco website for 12/28-1/5. Was amazed at how low the prices were there, especially considering it was for 8 days and one-way (MCO to TPA).

Booked a compact for $229 and an intermediate SUV for $265 with Alamo through Costco website for 12/28-1/5. Was amazed at how low the prices were there, especially considering it was for 8 days and one-way (MCO to TPA).
Maybe the rate is low because they need to move vehicles from MCO to TPA.

Could be. But that's still 5 months away.
Yes, I meant that they might have a general need to move vehicles in that direction. On the other hand, if the rate would be the same going from TPA to MCO, then there must be some other reason why the rate was low.

Autoslash was great. Going down between Christmas and New Years, rates were 300-400 for December 28- January 2, autoslash got me a standard car thru National for 201. Fantastic price. Thank you EACarlson.

Rebooked with Autoslash/National for 12/25 - 1/4. Price had dropped from $527 to $350 for a mid-size.

I saved $25ish rebooking though Autoslash/Alamo over Costco 12/5 - 12/9 intermediate SUV $202 to $175.

Those booking through Autoslash- is it a Priceline deal? I was told you couldn’t bypass counter with third party reservation? Any experience?

Those booking through Autoslash- is it a Priceline deal? I was told you couldn’t bypass counter with third party reservation? Any experience?

I have no first hand experience.....yet. BUT AutoSlash has this on their page. Mine is pay later so I would think ok.

Alamo Online Check In

Online check in at Alamo Rent a Car is available at over 40 airports in the United States. You start by entering your name, confirmation number and driver's license information. As part of the check-in process, you'll also need to confirm your insurance options, agree to the Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions and enter a valid credit card. No charge is made on your card until you return your vehicle. Here are the requirements:

• Reservation must be at a rental location that offers "Skip the Counter."
  • Reservation must not exceed 30 days.
  • Reservation must made at least 24 hours in advance.
  • Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. mobility devices, etc.).
  • Reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a third party. When you book through AutoSlash be sure to reserve the "Pay Later" rate if you want to check in online.
  • You must use a major credit card, not a debit card.
  • The name on the reservation must match the name on the credit card.
  • Additional local deposit requirements may apply.

1) Some but not all of Autoslash's deals are through Priceline. If you're a Costco member, Autoslash will also check Costco rates for you. Etc. for certain other memberships.
2) I don't know about bypassing the counter. Never tried. I don't mind standing in line there unless the wait is crazy long, which it generally has not been for me in Orlando.

Prices for Christmas weeks are nuts. I used carrentalsavers.com and got a midsize SUV for $265 using a senior discount. Dates are 12/21-12/27. It's more than I've ever paid for a car for a week, but I'm pretty psyched about it, seeing as compacts are renting for $500 a week!

Prices for Christmas weeks are nuts. I used carrentalsavers.com and got a midsize SUV for $265 using a senior discount. Dates are 12/21-12/27. It's more than I've ever paid for a car for a week, but I'm pretty psyched about it, seeing as compacts are renting for $500 a week!
[/QUOT
Not going Christmas week but prices were lower today with Alamo for my dec7-14 trip. got a standard SUV for 216. that includes a few extra hrs on the last day

I'm watching for 12/28 to 1/4. Best I have found on carrentalsavers is around $560 with Alamo - but I can't figure out what code they are using so I can duplicate it direct with Alamo.

I'm watching for 12/28 to 1/4. Best I have found on carrentalsavers is around $560 with Alamo - but I can't figure out what code they are using so I can duplicate it direct with Alamo.
the codes that have worked best for me this trip is AD3868JST plus the Costco code

Price dropped again for me today. Got a Intermediate SUV for $183 now. Hope it keeps going down. This one is through Costco Travel and is with Budget.

Price dropped again for me today. Got a Intermediate SUV for $183 now. Hope it keeps going down. This one is through Costco Travel and is with Budget.

I noticed there hasn't been a lot of movement for early December since I booked 6 months ago. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!