December 2019 Disney DIY Exercise Challenge

Apparently he has gotten a lot of comments and compliments. I think the funniest story is how, at the Swan, and he and the front-desk clerk were talking Star Wars stuff. She said how much she liked the show and the character, so he had to go up to his room, get the shirt, and bring it down for her to see! (She loved it.)

@Elizabeth Smith-wow, that's impressive!

Lol! He could open an Etsy store! It sounds like he is having a great time. Wish you could be there, too.

Congrats to me (Twilight Sparkle) for reaching George Orange!

My family and I attended a members' party at a local museum this week, and there was a local gingerbread house contest on display. There were two Disney creations I had to take pics of to share with you guys for Wild Card Weekend. Here's the first one:

The details might be hard to see from my photo, but it's inspired by It's a Small World. I thought it was adorable and such a cute idea.

As for the second photo, you'll have to check back tomorrow. I promise it's worth it!

. :thumbsup2 Is that your daughter in the tie dye pic? Whoever it is, love those ringlets.
Yep that is my daughter. Picture is 10 years old. I miss her ringlets, she has gotten a hair straightening for the last 3 years. SHe is also the daughter that I might have mentioned had hand surgery in August and then in October hurt her knee. She popped her knee cap and then it popped back into place. Today was her first soccer game since she got her. Now her knee isn't feeling great again.

12/6 a 40 minute HITT workout

122 minutes total

We have another color change to report. ljcrochet has reached George Orange!!! Way to go! :simba:

As promised, here is the pic of the other Disney gingerbread creation I saw this past week. @sophy1996 , I think your DH might like this one:

I was definitely not the only person taking pics of this one!

ETA: I just realized that the photo doesn't zoom in very well even when you click on it, so you can't really see the Ewoks in the back and you might not notice that Luke and Leia are in the front left. Han and Chewy are front far right (Chewy is behind Han). Vader is a little to the side of Han. R2, C3PO, and Yoda are in front of Jaba. A bunch of the other gingerbread men are storm troopers. I think I'm as bad at taking photos as I am at DIY projects!

Last edited:
piglet1979, maybe your daughter will be interested in some of the projects we look into this month. My DD is also much more artistic than I am. We also find art to be a very good outlet for providing periods of peace and calm for her. She is able to focus solely on her current project when she is creating and not worry so much about life.

We didn't get much shopping done this weekend. We did stop at AC Moore for her to pick up a bunch of wood ornaments to paint for family members. Everything is like 50% off right now because they are closing. This is DD's favorite store. She is not happy about this. She spent a good portion of the afternoon painting these.

40 minutes since my last post = 195/500

Here's a Disney project I made some time ago (and possibly posted on the arts & crafts board):

I had found a Mickey watch with a broken band really cheap at a flea market, and made a desk clock out of it instead. - The base is just one of those acrylic frames, I made the insert with a combination of the computer and some paper punches, and I attached the watch face with Velcro so the battery could be changed.

130 minutes - walking, replacing straw in chicken coop, horses, weights (realized I've been neglecting that - need to try to remember to do this more often!)

725/1860

40 minutes since my last post = 195/500

Here's a Disney project I made some time ago (and possibly posted on the arts & crafts board):

View attachment 457807

I had found a Mickey watch with a broken band really cheap at a flea market, and made a desk clock out of it instead. - The base is just one of those acrylic frames, I made the insert with a combination of the computer and some paper punches, and I attached the watch face with Velcro so the battery could be changed.

That's so creative! And what a great way to repurpose something broken. Love it!

No new color changes, but our TEAM is only 82.5 minutes away from one.

So I mentioned that DD and I tend to make school bread for Christmas morning, but this recipe I just found might be a new contender. This is for cheshire cat tails from the Cheshire Cafe in the Magic Kingdom. DD and I LOVE to buy - and eat, of course - these at Magic Kingdom, but we've never made them at home. This makes it look super easy, though, so we will have to give them a try:

Have any of you ever had this treat?

Last edited:
Yay!!! I got a workout in yesterday and things are going much better this week. Now to get Christmas shopping done. I am no where close.

Dec. 6 -- 0
Dec. 7 -- 22
Dec 8 -- Going with 15. I forgot to charge my fitbit
Dec. 9 -- 47

Total -- 112/930

We have lots of color changes today! Yay! Piglet1979 has reached Bert Blue and Elizabeth Smith and our TEAM have reached George Orange! Congrats all around!!!! :stitch::tigger::stitch::tigger::stitch::tigger::stitch:

It's probably safe to say that most - possibly all - of us are always dreaming of that next trip to a Disney park. Well, I have for you today a fun project that will maybe spark a little joy while saving up for that next trip. Our family always saves our change for travel, and it's always fun to see how much it adds up over time. If you do the same, why not make this cute little jar for storing all of that trip $:

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disney-savings-jar-next-trip/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!