December Cruise - Too cold to swim?

Kreid001

Earning My Ears
For those just back from a December cruise... Was it too cold to swim in the pools or on the beach? I've booked the Wonder for 12/28/03 and was just curious.

Thanks!

We swam at all the stops. Castaway Key's water was chilly, by swimable. We couldn't keep the kids out of the pool on the ship, but the water temperature was 85 degrees.

It was tropical weather at every stop except Port Canaveral, where it was in the low 60's.

We have been on two december cruises and are up for another next year. The water has always been fine to us. Keep in mind though we are from MA and swim at cape cod where the water does not hit 70 degrees even in August!

We got lucky on our cruise. We had really nice weather. The pools are heated so that's not a problem. At Castaway, the water was a little too cool for me. But it was fine for DH who went snorkeling.

I concur with the above posters (especially AnnMorin since we were on the same cruise):)
The water was fine at Castaway Cay...a bit chilly, but then we are from Colorado and think anything above 40 degrees is tropical! LOL
We didn't use the pools, so don't know, but we did swim at Cozumel and it was very nice. Water was warm enough and the weather was perfect.

Lisa

Hi Lisa! Why don't you go ahead and book the 12/13/03 with us? Mike will be old enough to be in Ryan's group this time and we could request our dinner table together :) It was great meeting you!

Hi Ann!
I am sooo tempted, but right now I am waiting out this move and getting our new house built etc. What stateroom did you all get?
It was great meeting you too, and this time I want to be able to sing Happy Birthday to ya! I owe ya a drink too!:)

I will probably book about April if our house gets done.

Lisa

I can't physically book until a week from today as DVC is 11 months to the date but got the go ahead from Jay, the money is set aside so now it's just a waiting game. When your house is done, book for our week and we can link our reservations. 12/13/03 Eastern now don't forget it :) see my other thread about going over to Anguilla you all could join us!

Sounds good! I haven't done the Eastern on Disney and I sooo want too! Ryan of course is all for it too!:)
I would be booking with Dreams so I am sure Cathy or Michelle can link our ressies. Maybe this time, they (Disney) can put us at the table we request, with you guys. (see my other post on table-alone)

Lisa

Michelle and Alex are on this one too.. but I better pm you as we are now way off topic. :)

Michelle and Alex are on this too? Well that settles it!:)
You're right we are a bit off topic. We'll start a new thread for 12/13 cruisers!:)

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter