December Weekend Crowds

smooreo

Mouseketeer
We have about 3 weeks until our WDW/US trip. We'll be arriving at HRH on December 8th after 5 days at WDW. Friday night I figure will be dinner, maybe at The Kitchen, followed by a swim and a relaxing evening.

What can we realistically expect for crowds on Saturday and Sunday? I was originally thinking that Saturday am could be Volcano Bay if warm enough (and really, we're Canadian, so it will probably be warm enough!), and just cruising around, maybe checking out either HP area. I've been reading the 3 day touring plans and not sure if hitting Diagon Alley on a Saturday evening is the best idea, iykwim.

Sunday and Monday will be park days.

I can't find info on which park will be open early, so I don't know what to do first. DS is a huge HP fan though. All days are listed as slow on the crowd calendar.

Thanks - this is our first trip. Now that WDW is planned, I feel very much behind on US!

Crowds in December are usually slow until 12/26 so you should be good.

We have about 3 weeks until our WDW/US trip. We'll be arriving at HRH on December 8th after 5 days at WDW. Friday night I figure will be dinner, maybe at The Kitchen, followed by a swim and a relaxing evening.

What can we realistically expect for crowds on Saturday and Sunday? I was originally thinking that Saturday am could be Volcano Bay if warm enough (and really, we're Canadian, so it will probably be warm enough!), and just cruising around, maybe checking out either HP area. I've been reading the 3 day touring plans and not sure if hitting Diagon Alley on a Saturday evening is the best idea, iykwim.

Sunday and Monday will be park days.

I can't find info on which park will be open early, so I don't know what to do first. DS is a huge HP fan though. All days are listed as slow on the crowd calendar.

Thanks - this is our first trip. Now that WDW is planned, I feel very much behind on US!

First half of December is some of the lowest crowds of the year. It's a great time to go.

We were there Dec. 1st-12th in 2015 and crowds were very pleasant.

We'll be there Dec. 10th-19th this year.

Weekends could be slightly busier than weekdays, but nothing to worry about. Especially since you are staying onsite and have Express Pass.

The new Christmas events (potter) and the Mannheim Concerts will probably make it busier than in the past on the weekends leading up, but still manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter