Deck 7 aft overlook

KenP

Mouseketeer
Are there stairs direct from Dec 5 aft starboard to deck 7 aft? (I know there are stairs next to the elevators, but I seem to remember additional public stairs further aft.

No...the only way to access Aft Deck 7 is to walk all the way down the interior hallway to the access door at the very end.

MJ

Yes, there is an additional set of "secret" stairs all the way aft that go from deck 5 to deck 9 (if you go all the way up, you will be in Beach Blanket/Topsiders). They actually go farther down, but they lead to Animators so that is closed off except for the safety drill. I have photos of them on my website at www.castawayclub.com
They are another reason that I like stateroom 5650...easy access from the buffet when we grab a quick breakfast or lunch and want to eat it out on our own verandah.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

There are stairs further aft, but they aren't public. At least I don't think they are. I've only seen them opened during the lifeboat muster. I've you're in one of the deck 7 aft cabins, your muster station is in Animator's Palate. They open the stairways for the drill. This is how I usually get back to my room after the drill, as the main aft stairs and elevator are crowded.

But as mmouse said, during "normal business hours," I think you have to take the aft stairs (near the elevators) to deck 7 and then walk back. It's not too far.

Kinda silly, but... Barb, I just poked around your site quite a bit, and I couldn't find the pictures of the "secret" stairs, and now I'm quite curious. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

April

Hubby puts the photos and I never know where they are, so I poked around the site. Lo and behold, we have the photos but he did not post them! But we have the next best thing..look at:
http://www.disneycruiser.info/5650.htm
One of the photos shows the hallway to the staircase. If you walk to the end, where you see the railing, you will find it. I'll make him post the actual photos when we get back from our cruise this weekend, but at least you can see the general area.
Of course, I shouldn't be publicizing the staircase...I love the solitude of 5650 but you have to pass it to get there so I don't want to increase traffic too much! :jester:
Barb

Thanks Barb for the info. Somehow I knew you would know! Don't worry, I'll walk softly near your room :-)

Sailed 7 times on DCL and I still learn something new!!! Thanks Barb for setting me straight!!!

Is it that way on the Magic as well??

MJ

I know what you mean...even after 30 cruises, we still typically learn something new each time too! That's one reason that it never gets boring. :D
Yep, the staircase is the same on the Magic. We were in 5650 on our last Western, and we made good use of it bringing down breakfast goodies to enjoy on the verandah.
I think they might use it to transport the kids to Animators for some activity (maybe the "draw Mickey" class?) too. I love watching "kid transport" and listening in on the creative ways that the counselors keep them in line. Usually I see them on the regular aft staircase, but once hubby informed me that they'd gone right past our stateroom and down the secret stairs. I don't remember where I was (probably the spa), but I was very jealous that he'd witnessed all the fun right on our home turf and I missed it! Listen in when you see the wee ones in transit and I guarantee that it will put a grin on your face.
Barb

There are stairs further aft, but they aren't public. At least I don't think they are.
We were in cabin 7638 in November and it was a 15 second run up those stairs to breakfast every morning at Beach Blanket ! I have a picture of these stairs on deck 7 but don't know how to post it here. But they were open to the public the entire cruise....it was so convenient for guests staying all the way aft. Otherwise, it would have been a long , run-a-round way to have to get to deck 9 using the aft elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter