Declining new magicbands

eliseisawkward

DIS Veteran
I couldn’t find this anywhere, but is there a way to decline new magicbands for a reservation? We want to use our old ones and do not want new ones. I can’t find any option to turn them down online, but maybe I’m not looking in the right place?

You can still use your old MBs. I would get the new ones and keep them as backups. You can have multiple MBs active at one time. I currently have 7 active for each of us traveling. I take 2 extra, just in case.

You can still use your old MBs. I would get the new ones and keep them as backups. You can have multiple MBs active at one time. I currently have 7 active for each of us traveling. I take 2 extra, just in case.
I know you can have multiple active, we just don’t have the desire to have that many. We are 4 adults who likely won’t be back for a couple years after this trip so getting extra bands seems silly.

Doesn’t really matter, since we will just select new ones since declining doesn’t seem to work.

No success here!

A few minutes ago, I added DD to our Priceline Express deal (defaults to 2 adults) but now we're considering using DME to get to ASMo and planning to do one day at MK (since we're passing through Orlando :D) so I wanted to get DD on MDE. DH and I received our magic bands weeks ago. After adding DD to the reservation, I'm being prompted to (re)choose bands for DH and now one for DD (oddly not me, which is absolutely fine...lol).

For fun, I tried to decline bands to see what happens upon arrival, but that option is not even available where it usually is.
So, I'm guessing a couple of gray bands are in our near future.... :confused3

We just tell the person at check in that we don’t need the default grey bands and they understand. I assume they just keep a ton of greys at the resorts and aren’t sending them specifically for each person checking in who didn’t choose a band... but with Disney you never know.

My biggest Disney pet peeve at the moment. I don’t want any more MagicBands and I don’t want grey ones at check in. PLEASE Disney.

If anyone has been successful at declining them and also not having grey ones at check-in, I’d love to hear about it.
We declined MagicBands for our upcoming trip - arrival Dec 4th. I am curious to see if they ship them anyway. We are less than 3 weeks away from our arrival, so we should know soon whether we get unwanted bands or not. I'll be sure to let you know what happens. :)

I've been getting new ones with all our stays. I'm using the upgrade program to get decorative ones I like, when I can. So far, I've been able to get a band I like with regular checking. If there's ever a trip where I can't, then I will decline and see what happens. We do not need any more solid color bands.

We just tell the person at check in that we don’t need the default grey bands and they understand. I assume they just keep a ton of greys at the resorts and aren’t sending them specifically for each person checking in who didn’t choose a band... but with Disney you never know.
If they are there waiting in a box for you, they'll have your name on them.
But yes, they do have non-named, generic if you will, grey bands to give out. Some color ones too, based on what I've observed.
You can still decline them. They can recycle them in some manner. No idea if that means they shred them and re-purpose the plastic or if they remove the pucks and reuse bands. I'm guessing shred but just my guess.

We declined MagicBands for our upcoming trip - arrival Dec 4th. I am curious to see if they ship them anyway. We are less than 3 weeks away from our arrival, so we should know soon whether we get unwanted bands or not. I'll be sure to let you know what happens. :)
I was told you can't decline MB's anymore! I'm arriving on Dec 6th, I received an email saying I can start online check-in and can decline magic bands if I'd like to via MDE, but there was no option. When I talked to a CM asking for clarification they told me that they did away with that feature. I politely suggested they should then update the email so they don't spread false information! But clearly no one seems to know what is true and false now
🤷‍♂️

If you don't want them, don't pick them up. After 24 hours at the front desk, they ship them back to have another name put on them. They aren't activated to you until you are standing at the front desk. Just don't go to the desk. Just say 'I don't want mine activated'. There's no law you have too.

I was told you can't decline MB's anymore! I'm arriving on Dec 6th, I received an email saying I can start online check-in and can decline magic bands if I'd like to via MDE, but there was no option. When I talked to a CM asking for clarification they told me that they did away with that feature. I politely suggested they should then update the email so they don't spread false information! But clearly no one seems to know what is true and false now
🤷‍♂️
It is very unfortunate that the Disney CM's often tell people the incorrect information. They used to let you decline MagicBands in the section where you can customize and order MagicBands, but that option is no longer there. It is only in online check in now.

It is very unfortunate that the Disney CM's often tell people the incorrect information. They used to let you decline MagicBands in the section where you can customize and order MagicBands, but that option is no longer there. It is only in online check in now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter