Delay in RunDisney Anaheim Return (if at all) or returns faster?

Same I’d say IF it came back in 2019 it would just be DL half or a November race but tbh I think they may wait till at least 2020 if only to assess Galexys Edges influence on crowds ( same reason why I think this year will be the last wine and dine in Florida or that it will go on a mini hiatus)

2019 would be tough for logistics and planning. 2020 would still be more likely if they come back but I do hope this news means a greater likelyhood of them coming out.

I have to be honest I hope they do not come back. I did all the runs twice minus Tinkerbell and all it does is run you through the ghettos of Anaheim. You can do that for free folks. I can understand doing it once or twice for the experience but it is a huge waste of money and I do not run for medals if you do and you are one of the folks that ware them around all day well I will be kind and say this is perfect for you. Ill never forget running by the huge homeless encampment under the bridge and all I could think is I wasted $400 on this and those folks have NOTHING!!!!. There are amazing runs on Catalina Island and several other great runs for a fraction of the price with much better scenery. Much more fun running a full marathon on the island and seeing wild foxes and Buffalo then with a bunch of people mostly walking some who were actually smoking during the run and are only there to sell the medals etc on eBay then dealing with the horrible expo filled with eBay sellers. I truly hope Anaheim never allows it back and as for the post that Disney is losing money I seriously doubt it Bob Iger "The Buyer" would never allow it just look at admission fees. Just an FYI I was an Premium AP for 20 years and I love Walt Disney not a theme park I used to enjoy DL but did not go since the 60th Ill leave you with this last time I talked to Bob Gurr he said he would never go again then told me the last day I was there was the last day he was there. I may go agin as I do miss DL not star wars or marvel but what Walt did but I will never waste another dime on their races when there are so many better ones to enjoy with out carbon monoxide infestation.

I have to be honest I hope they do not come back. I did all the runs twice minus Tinkerbell and all it does is run you through the ghettos of Anaheim. You can do that for free folks. I can understand doing it once or twice for the experience but it is a huge waste of money and I do not run for medals if you do and you are one of the folks that ware them around all day well I will be kind and say this is perfect for you. Ill never forget running by the huge homeless encampment under the bridge and all I could think is I wasted $400 on this and those folks have NOTHING!!!!. There are amazing runs on Catalina Island and several other great runs for a fraction of the price with much better scenery. Much more fun running a full marathon on the island and seeing wild foxes and Buffalo then with a bunch of people mostly walking some who were actually smoking during the run and are only there to sell the medals etc on eBay then dealing with the horrible expo filled with eBay sellers. I truly hope Anaheim never allows it back and as for the post that Disney is losing money I seriously doubt it Bob Iger "The Buyer" would never allow it just look at admission fees. Just an FYI I was an Premium AP for 20 years and I love Walt Disney not a theme park I used to enjoy DL but did not go since the 60th Ill leave you with this last time I talked to Bob Gurr he said he would never go again then told me the last day I was there was the last day he was there. I may go agin as I do miss DL not star wars or marvel but what Walt did but I will never waste another dime on their races when there are so many better ones to enjoy with out carbon monoxide infestation.
Uh....

runDisney isn’t the only race that runs through Anaheim. Anaheim also isn’t the only place that has homeless people that also has races.

I suggest never running a WDW race that runs by the sewage treatment plant then.

I highly doubt Bob Gurr said that.

I'm confused. Are you forced to run these events when they have them? :confused:

I actually really enjoyed running through Anaheim. I mean, the part in the parks is better obviously, but I recall running through some nice neighborhoods as well as just some big city street areas. And there was a downtown area I think that was a really pretty palm-tree lined street. I didn't find it any worse than a lot of courses that run through cities.

But, to each their own. Certainly if you don't like running through Anaheim, then a DL race half race is not for you. The 10k, on the other hand, is pure Disney heaven. :D

I'm guessing that at this point there's no hope for 2019 and 2020 doesn't look great for the races to return either. Marathon Weekend registration opens before too long and We haven't heard anything about DL

The DL half course is my favorite I've ever done so....

(I was hoping there would be news or rumors here!)

I enjoyed the DL half course. I was a really big fan of the DL races from a race logistics perspective. It was really nice how close everything is if you are staying a one of the resorts around the park.

I’ve only done the DL half and 10k once, but loved it. I thought the course was good and the people that came out and supported us were awesome, from the Mexican dancers to the classic cars. Getting to run by The Pond and through Angels Stadium was great since I grew up in SoCal. I’d originally planned to do the half and get my Coast to Coast but saw the 10k course and did the challenge instead. Best 10k course ever! I hope these come back soon!

The 10k, on the other hand, is pure Disney heaven. :D
tenor.gif

Ran several races at Disneyland and don't recall the ghetto portion. It was actually one of my favorite destinations in terms of crowd support. Now RNR DC and New Orleans, those are races where you are waking up the homeless from the tents under the overpasses. On the positive note, the homeless camp at MM1 in New Orleans had a bunch of warm hoodies and jackets to keep as the runners were giving the warm clothes away at the temp warmed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter