Delta and carry on bag ?

Excellent news. Still amazed that they even had a method to charge you for a carry on, seeing how they have no class of service that charges for one. The whole thing just makes no sense

I think when I called and "asked" about my carry on, they just went ahead and charged me. And me not knowing I could fighting it at the time.
That's the only thing I could think of.
I'm just relievd that we will be getting a refund.

The size of my bag .
Do they measure from the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag or the wheels. I was told 22 inches top of bag to bottom of wheels and I remember telling her it's only the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag. She stated again I must include the wheels.

The size of my bag .
Do they measure from the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag or the wheels. I was told 22 inches top of bag to bottom of wheels and I remember telling her it's only the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag. She stated again I must include the wheels.
Yeah, you need to read the website. It's all spelled out. Wheels count. As do handles
Sounds like maybe they thought your bag was going to exceed carry on limits and they charged you checked bag fees?
Is there where things got mixed up?

Yes, I also believe that's why. But I took mine and DH's on the plane. And the flight attendant didn' remove it or stop me from bring it on .

Yes, I also believe that's why. But I took mine and DH's on the plane. And the flight attendant didn' remove it or stop me from bring it on .
Yeah, more than likely it was fine. Or close enough that they didn't question it. As long as it fits in the overhead, they probably won't measure, even if it does technically exceed by a smidgen.

Lesson learned for you. Don't pay until told you have to, which will be when your bag is deemed too big. If your bag is close/borderline, come prepared to pay, just in case. Or buy a new, slightly smaller bag

Excellent news. Still amazed that they even had a method to charge you for a carry on, seeing how they have no class of service that charges for one. The whole thing just makes no sense

I agree. It’s like when people worry about being charged for parking at resorts. Unless you do valet there is simply no system set up to take such a payment.

The size of my bag .

So he charged you for checked bags. Because she was saying that your roller bags were too big. But that isn’t the normal way of paying for checked bags at all.

And the flight attendant didn' remove it or stop me from bring it on .

Of course not. Wheels almost never actually cause a problem. They *can*, but not usually.

Parts of this story confused me. You called to enquire about carry-on a week before your flight and they charged you over the phone? Never heard of that before. Unless Delta will be moving to follow American/United and charge for any baggage in basic economy. That would make sense. Phone agents receive memo's of fee's that sometimes have not gone into effect yet, but they don't realize it.

Also why would you mention disney boards when querying your payment? That would have no influence on you being granted a refund.

Parts of this story confused me. You called to enquire about carry-on a week before your flight and they charged you over the phone? Never heard of that before. Unless Delta will be moving to follow American/United and charge for any baggage in basic economy. That would make sense. Phone agents receive memo's of fee's that sometimes have not gone into effect yet, but they don't realize it.

Also why would you mention disney boards when querying your payment? That would have no influence on you being granted a refund.
OP calls Delta. Asks if there's a charge for their bags. Rep asks how large the bags are. OP says 22" from top to bottom not including the wheels. Rep says you have to include the wheels. That makes the bags too large (technically) to be considered carry ons. So rep charges for the bags (probably no different than paying for checked bags when you book your flight). OP doesn't check a bag, just carries on, then wonder why she got charged. OP calls back after the trip to complain and reps won't refund the money.

I don't think the Delta rep did anything really wrong. There was a communication error. The phone rep assumed OP would check a bag.

OP calls Delta. Asks if there's a charge for their bags. Rep asks how large the bags are. OP says 22" from top to bottom not including the wheels. Rep says you have to include the wheels. That makes the bags too large (technically) to be considered carry ons. So rep charges for the bags (probably no different than paying for checked bags when you book your flight). OP doesn't check a bag, just carries on, then wonder why she got charged. OP calls back after the trip to complain and reps won't refund the money.

I don't think the Delta rep did anything really wrong. There was a communication error. The phone rep assumed OP would check a bag.

The part what confused me was why did she give Delta her credit card information, to charge her to begin with. IIRC and correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't prepay for bags on Delta until check-in time for your flight. So the whole thing about the Delta rep charging over the phone for a carry-on bag a week in advance, leaves me puzzled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!