Delta Express??

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
Okay, how big are these planes? Sorry for the stupid question - hate to fly though. Thanks.:rolleyes:

Delta Express will be changing its name and size of planes in the spring. They were 737 and will be 757, I believe.
They'll seat more passengers then.

Delta Airlines will not be changing anything, but its commuter carrier will, Delta Express. Nobody knows the new name yet.

Delta Express will be changing its name and size of planes in the spring. They were 737 and will be 757, I believe.
They'll seat more passengers then.

Delta Airlines will not be changing anything, but its commuter carrier will, Delta Express. Nobody knows the new name yet.

The 737's that Delta Express flies now hold about 120 people. By experimenting on Delta's web site, I estimated that on or about June 1, the 757's, which will carry about 200 people, will be flying. On the Boston to Orlando non-stops there are currently plans to have 4 757's replacing 7 737's each day each way. If you book today, you will get the 757's for flights after around June 1.

The seat selection charts for Delta Express' 757's show a first class section that is booked as coach, but I suspect that the 6 rows of 4 across seating will be replaced by 8 or 9 rows of 6 across seating by June.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 Doubletree Club
4/85 Kon-Tiki* on 192
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu & AP#1
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp & AP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & AP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned
*no longer exists

If you book today, you will get the 757's for flights after around June 1.

Are you sure? I still see the Boeing 737 seat charts as of this date, Jan 19, when checking availability

The 757's are showing up on the BOS-MCO routes. I am not sure whether all of Delta Express' routes will become those of the new unnamed subsidiary carrier, some might become plain Delta, others might have been code shares with another airline, and some might still be flown with 737's.

Or maybe I jumped the gun. If you book on a Delta Express 737, do check back at least once a month to see if things might have changed. If 757's are substituted later there will almost surely be fewer of them and you want to be able to select an alternate flight before things get sold out.

It is still 737s flying from CT's BDL to MCO. I check q u i t e often, because I am booking our flights with Skymiles awards and will do so in a few days, right at the minimum so we can get decent seats.

But people do have to check very often to see if any changes come up.
Maybe the 757s will fly only from some locations... Wonder what this hole thing will end up as!

I've ALREADY bought our tickets for our Nov/Dec trip from Boston.

I paid $181 and thought that was fine cause I like to have specific days, times, and non-stop and that's Thanksgiving weekend. It's fluctuating between $199, $209, $219 so I'm happy.

Anyway, my tickets say the plane will be a 757.

I'm not going worry about this. I'll check frequently and if they make changes I'll be calling to fix it. I check almost daily and I read here.

I've been lucky so far, in all our trips down there and buying my tickets so early, not to have major changes, just minor ones; by 1/2 hour or so or the flight # changes.

The 757's on the yet to be named Delta subsidiary will initially only be out of BOS and the NYC airports to Florida markets.

Delta Express will continue on 737's from other markets for the time being.

Have a great trip!

Originally posted by TreeOfLife
Are you sure? I still see the Boeing 737 seat charts as of this date, Jan 19, when checking availability

We booked on the Delta Website for our upcoming Aug into Sept WDW trip and we are booked on a 757 BOS to MCO. For our upcoming Feb 1st trip we are booked on a 737 and as of yesterday is still that way. We reserved exit row seats so we are happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter