delta refund

davehaj

Earning My Ears
I just received a credit on my charge card for the difference in price on my August trip. I bought 3 tickets in January for $173. r/t from pvd to mco. Called Delta to inform them of $115. r/t I had seen for the same dates and flights. They informed me I would get a credit voucher for the difference-instead they took the difference off my credit card. Nice surprise. Davehaj

Wow! Are you lucky! That most definately sounds like a mistake on their part, but to your advantage. Extra money for spending on your trip!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The same thing happened to me last week. BTW, my fare difference was also $58 per ticket ( X 4 ). It was a very nice surprise!

Are you Skymile's memebers? We are and they just noted it on our account and sent a paper saying the credit was on our SM account. We could have really used the money right now, but I'll take the credit. With 2 drops in price, we've gotten $49 in credit to use next spring. With the 2 $100 vouchers we used to purchase the tickets this time, DH and I are only paying $36rt!!! (IND/MCO)

Is there any time limitation involved when you ask for a credit due to price drops?

idontknow,
We are SkyMiles members and I had received vouchers on other tickets, which, as you know, can only be used by purchasing over the phone. Therefore, no 1000 bonus miles for booking online:( . But hey, a credit is a credit! I think this REFUND had to have been in error. The only downside is that I don't have a $200+ credit to use as an excuse for another trip to WDW! LOL

erikthewise,
There is no time limitation, however, the lower fare must still be available when you call. One customer service rep. at Delta also implied that the credit can only be issued on their published fare, and not their internet specials. But bascially it works like this: Let's say you purchased 4 tickets @ $200 on February 1st for a flight on July 1st. In April, there is a promotion and the same EXACT itinerary that you purchased is now being sold @ $150. They only allocate so many seats at a particular fare; the flight may have 50 available seats but only selling 30 at the discounted rate. When you call for a credit they would issue you a $50 voucher for each ticket. They would still have 50 open seats on the flight, but only 26 discounted fares. And that voucher is only good for one year from the ISSUE date of the original purchase. In this example, you have until Feb 1st of the following year to TRAVEL on other tickets purchased with that credit. Additionally, if they only had 2 seats left at the discounted fare (though 22 open seats!), they would only be able to credit you on 2 of your tickets, IF they even tell you that there is a credit available!

I know I am rambling here, but there have been many times that my fare searches turn up one price for one passenger and then a higher price for multiple passengers! Such was the case for the flight that I received the $58 credits (refunds!) and this was where I learned how to play the airfare game. The tickets are for holiday travel (Thanksgiving) and when I searched for a single passenger the fare was $247, but when I entered 4 passengers it was $267 each! I was able to buy as many as 3 tickets @ $247, but it would have been @ $267 if I bought ALL 4 at the same time. So I bought 3 tickets, then 1 ticket separately! If I had bought all 4 at once @ $267, there would still be 3 tickets at available for someone else to purchase @ $247.

To further complicate things, when the fare was initially lowered, by the time I checked it there was only 1 seat left (@ $207). Now knowing how the airfare game works, when I called for a credit I had it applied to the $267 ticket. I didn't even try to ask for a credit for all 4 because I was certain to be told that the discounted fare was sold out. Then the fare was reduced even further @ $189, and was available all 4 tickets! So in the end, I received three $58 REFUNDs, one $18 REFUND and one $60 CREDIT.

Sorry for the long post but I hope this helped.

It helped enormously! Until recently I thought you were just out of luck if such a price drop occurred, and would have to incur a change penalty ($50+) to take advantage of it.

davehaj: When you purchased your tickets and then they went down in price did you call them that day or did you wait to call them? We are paying $226.50 PP and I have seen them for $178.00 PP but that was a couple of months ago (same flights), I just checked and our flights are $313.00 PP. BTW we are also leaving from PVD. Should I attempt to get a refund?

RIDisneylovers: I called Delta the same day that I saw the lower price. The lower price has to be available for you to get a credit. Davehaj.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter