Delta Skymiles questions

poohbear2

<font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=
Hi! I am a new Delta Skymiles member and I had a few questions maybe someone could help me with:

1. I am paying for my tickets as well as my DM and DS. Can I assume their miles under my skymiles number or can I only assume miles that I physically travel?

2. If I can't, can my DS have a skymiles membership if he is under 18?

3. I understand I will not get credit until AFTER I complete my flight. Do I need to do anything special, or just tell the the attendant at the check in counter?

Thanks for any help you may have!

That's a good question. I am a sky miles member too, but I've only bought one ticket at a time. I book on line using my smn and get the credit a month or so after my flight. Just use the number when you book and that's it. Nothing else to do.

I've emailed Delta few times for questions and they have always answered. I have over 9,000 reward points with my credit card and I wanted to add them to my skymiles, but Delta said no as they weren't partners.

The way I understand it you can only have one account credited with miles each flight....So, each person must a an account...I have never asked about the under 18 limit....

Also, American Express has a Delta Skymiles card where what you spend is added as miles also, MCI is also a partner....I've earned all my points through purchases....OUCH!! that's scary.;....:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

zurgswife, I just got the American Express card after finding out my points from Fleet couldn't be used. MCI too!!

It took me a while to lighten up using rewards cards. My AMEX is used for everything I would normally write a check for. Groceries, gas, cell phone, internet services and small purchases at Walmart etc. Nothing I will carry a balance on. Also, I have a vacation club in my Credit Union so when it's time to book a ressie or plan flight, I use the rewards card (for more miles) and take the money out of the CU when the bill comes in.

Any and everthing I can do to try to get travel miles has become my passion. I can only go to WDW once a year so it all helps.

For those that have the AMEX skymiles cards, you can get double points on all your purchases through August 15th!

The catch is that you have to register for this. (I think you can do this at the AMEX site. Either that, or they forward you to the right place.)

It's easy to register, but I don't know who would want to turn down double miles. It was enough for me to decide to buy my park hoppers now for my December trip. :smooth:

As the others have stated, children under the age of 18 can have a Skymiles account, even babies can earn miles as long as you buy them a seat (not lap babies). You only get Skymiles for the segments that you travel, you can not earn miles for people traveling with you. If you book on the Delta website, you get 1,000 bonus miles.

You can sign up for the Double Miles promotion (if you have the AMEX Skymiles credit card) on the Delta website as well. Click on "more specials" and then on "Skymiles specials" for the link.

Also, they are running a referals special where you can refer family and friends to join skymiles and if they do, you get 500 skymiles per person, up to 2500 miles total. This offer is also listed on their website under Skymiles specials. You have to "refer" people using their link and they have to join using the link e-mailed to them by Delta in order for you to earn the miles.

Peg a.k.a. "Skymiles Hunter"

Everyone in your traveling party will need a skymiles number, regardless of age (my DS was a skymiles member at age 4-kinda silly-he gets junk mail now!). When ordering tickets on-line, you must already have everyone's skymiles #. You can apply for these on-line. It's easy, just a little time consuming.:D We only have the #s to order tickets online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter